Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I found a Whirlpool double oven 50 inches high and a Whirlpool microwave 14 inches high...............so if I put the double oven like 5 inches off the floor........that would put the top of the microwave 69 inches of the floor.

5ft 9inches is about the same height as  my current microwave over my range right now.   So seems doable to me Or am I figuring something wrong here.

I am 5’9”, and my head would sort of line up with the middle / top of my Advantium/microwave.  If the bottom of my microwave was even with my head, I would not be able to see what is going on inside the microwave.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Jimbo, if you are cooking for 6 or 8.  My set up is darn near perfect.  If you are cooking for 20+, and you want my mother’s perfect yeast rolls with a ham and a turkey for Christmas, then the double oven is the way to go.  Like I mentioned earlier, just find another spot for the microwave, and if the budget allows, a microwave / convection…. And if the budget really allows that plus an Advantium.  

We have no kids, and since my brother and sister are both deceased….  And now with covid, I can’t remember the last time I cooked for a big dinner.  

Sigh… that is kind of depressing.😂

What I am saying if you are creating a kitchen for a show place, then do the show you want.  If you are cooking for what you need, then create a kitchen to produce what you want and don’t worry about what is in it.  Just make sure you have what you need for what you do.

Like I said, mine is about perfect.  We built the house in 1990 and t, but my wife for somehis really is the 3rd kitchen, and we did it in 2014, and I have felt zero need to change a thing about it.

The third time truly is the charm.

jc

Agree with you but my wife wants a double oven..........so what do I know..........

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't want a convection oven though, Is JC Micro combo convection or a regular oven.

My bottom is a regular electric oven.  The top is an Advantium/convection Microwave.  IE combo.  If you want a real double oven, for the final time, I get it, put the microwave somewhere else.  You seem to have a large house with a large kitchen…. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am 5’9”, and my head would sort of line up with the middle / top of my Advantium/microwave.  If the bottom of my microwave was even with my head, I would not be able to see what is going on inside the microwave.  

so isn't the top of your head even with the top of  the microwave, can't figure out why you can't see inside

Edited by Jimbo

Agree with you but my wife wants a double oven..........so what do I know..........

So, make the wife happy put in a double oven, and if you want it really good, get rid of electric appliances, gas is better.  Just put a microwave somewhere else.  It could be in a drawer, that is actually a pull out shelf.  That is the way they do it in an airstream…

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My bottom is a regular electric oven.  The top is an Advantium/convection Microwave.  IE combo.  If you want a real double oven, for the final time, I get it, put the microwave somewhere else.  You seem to have a large house with a large kitchen…. 

We are taking out a wall to open up into the great room( for an open floor plan).............so we are going to have less cabinet area then we did before.

Not really interested in a drawer microwave in island 

So rather keep double oven and microwave together.  

Edited by Jimbo

so isn't the top of your head even with the top of  the microwave, can figure out why you can't see inside

Yes, top of my head is the top of the microwave, and yes if you are comfortable with an oven on the floor, then you can stack all three.  

So, now the professional side of my life is kicking in.  Nothing kills electronics like heat.  Putting sophisticated electronics in a hot environment, is an almost guaranteed way to shorten their life.  

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are taking out a wall to open up into the great room( for an open floor plan).............so we are going to have less cabinet area then we did before.

Not really interested in a drawer microwave in island 

So rather keep double oven and microwave together.  

Throw away all of the stuff in your cabinets you never use.  Probably about half the stuff.

😂

• Like 2

Yes, top of my head is the top of the microwave, and yes if you are comfortable with an oven on the floor, then you can stack all three.  

So, now the professional side of my life is kicking in.  Nothing kills electronics like heat.  Putting sophisticated electronics in a hot environment, is an almost guaranteed way to shorten their life.  

Bottom oven probably wouldn't be used that often, plus my wife is only 5ft, she will be the one using that oven................really not much lower then our current range oven....

Edited by Jimbo

Throw away all of the stuff in your cabinets you never use.  Probably about half the stuff.

😂

True............all those damn Royal Caribbean glasses we brought home from years ago. shooters glasses they used to bring to the dining room

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

True............all those damn Royal Caribbean glasses we brought home from years ago. shooters glasses they used to bring to the dining room

Oh, don’t throw those away!!!!! Sell them to the good doctor from Rhode Island he is a complete sentimentalist, and probably has every cruise compass ever printed.  He just brought home two glass bricks with the name of a ship, that in 20 years will be sold off for scrap, and he is going to keep them forever!😆🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Oh, don’t throw those away!!!!! Sell them to the good doctor from Rhode Island he is a complete sentimentalist, and probably has every cruise compass ever printed.  He just brought home two glass bricks with the name of a ship, that in 20 years will be sold off for scrap, and he is going to keep them forever!😆🤣😂

How do I contact him?

Wall goes bye, bye as does the L-shaped part of the kitchen, Pony wall, sink and range and fridge all going.

So last pic is pretty much all you have to work with, the pantry(where you see that white door)will be taken down also to extend the line of cabinets...........Fridge will go to the left off that white door(where clock is) and hopefully oven / microwave combo maybe in the corner there on an angle.  Cooktop to the right of that corner.

Much larger island 6ftx 10ft island will have sink and dish washer.

20220301_092709.jpg

20220301_092734.jpg

20220301_092740.jpg

20220301_092759.jpg

Edited by Jimbo

I am pretty sure OB is a regular reader of this thread….  So, you just tell him here you have X and you want Y dollars for them and let the negotiations begin.  With a little luck some other of Dani’s fans will get in on the bidding action and you might make enough to pay for your new appliances.  In my opinion if you are as old as I think you are, just keep your kitchen as it is, and promise her next year on the remodel.

Keep OB’s money to bet on the horses.

JHMO and YMMV

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am pretty sure OB is a regular reader of this thread….  So, you just tell him here you have X and you want Y dollars for them and let the negotiations begin.  With a little luck some other of Dani’s fans will get in on the bidding action and you might make enough to pay for your new appliances.  In my opinion if you are as old as I think you are, just keep your kitchen as it is, and promise her next year on the remodel.

Keep OB’s money to bet on the horses.

JHMO and YMMV

Contractors are super busy here............wait time to start is 6 to 9 months out.

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am happy with the first two teams that are in the final three.  I wanted the team that got eliminated to make it to the top three.

Me too.  I had a soft spot in my heart for them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not a bad finale.  Much easier race due to covid restrictions.  Talking away a lot of the travel delays makes a huge difference.

Agreed. 

Also, what happened to Speed Bumps? Usually the last team to arrive on a non-elimination leg always had to perform an extra task. 

And I just realized no U-Turns either. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thankful we don’t live in a flood prone area.  Thoughts are with those in South East Queensland, and in NSW in Lismore, Ballina and surrounding areas who have lost homes, businesses and livestock in these devastating floods. And to the families of those who have perished in Lismore.  Thankful that the weather system in Sydney yesterday whilst heavy all day  wasn’t as devastating as predicted although there are currently many evacuations and road closures here.  A reprieve from the incessant rain this morning but it won’t be for long.

Heard about the floods in our news and thought of you. Glad your family is OK 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the first season that I took the time to watch the Amazing Race.

I do not know if I got interested in it after the COVID Interruption or what.

I was happy for the winners and glad it was them.

Now waiting to start watching Survivor when the season starts.

Stay healthy

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Near the elbow and down.  They said it looks like an infection I think near the bone and on the top of the arm.  I have to talk to his doctor tomorrow.  This is coming from the ER PA.

If he started with fluid in his elbow Do they think his bursa sac ruptured and are treating for possible infection with high dose antibiotics?

I hope Charlie feels better soon.  I also hope you are getting rest and taking care of yourself too💕🙏

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wall goes bye, bye as does the L-shaped part of the kitchen, Pony wall, sink and range and fridge all going.

So last pic is pretty much all you have to work with, the pantry(where you see that white door)will be taken down also to extend the line of cabinets...........Fridge will go to the left off that white door(where clock is) and hopefully oven / microwave combo maybe in the corner there on an angle.  Cooktop to the right of that corner.

Much larger island 6ftx 10ft island will have sink and dish washer.

20220301_092709.jpg

20220301_092734.jpg

20220301_092740.jpg

20220301_092759.jpg

If it were me I would keep the wall (I need cabinets), replace the oven with a cooktop (propane or gas if at all possible), relocate the frig to the other side at the end away from the pantry, put cabinetry under the cooktop, put double ovens in place of the frig and have all the appliances stainless.  I would also change the island to butcherblock.  

• Like 2