Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Changing settings now will not change the format of the cruise pics you too but there is some hope.  The website we use to convert .mov formatted video to MP4 also has a photo converter.  It’s about halfway down the page.  https://www.onlineconverter.com/ Try it on a cruise pic and after it converts, see if you can post it.  I will post later, with pics, what settings I think you need to change.

Many are doing great. I will have enough plants to plant the number I wanted plus extra.  Wish a few more pepper plants would of done better but now I won’t have to build another bed for them.  Many Cherokee Purples did not make it but I started a second batch and they did great.  My Amish Paste are doing a little too good.  Check out the tall ones.  They need in the ground soon.

AEB02C30-D84A-4AC0-8BAB-BAF0F571A024.thumb.jpeg.3baed3e971024d2104977fb4f2b0dd9e.jpeg

The plants got so big I had to transplant them into cups.  This year I ordered a couple new lights. You can see one above.  It has a knob to adjust the strength.  When my plants were doing great I started turning it up and it burnt some plants.  I need to keep them on 25% strength.

Caden wanted to start a flower business so now they have 4 new raised beds in their backyard.  They winter sowed most of there seeds but started these Zinnias here 2 weeks ago.  I had my plants outside yesterday in the process of hardening them off.

40C80B34-F5A5-442A-BC70-B3862C750192.thumb.jpeg.8e02d7a5c3ad157ed8f867e770b568c4.jpeg

I was able to finish my last cinder block raised bed and got the core gardening 👩‍🌾 completed.  Yesterday I got the cattle panels cut and hope to get them up this week.  You can see in the lower left corner my garlic is doing great.

B59D42B2-DFD4-4A20-828F-D9350B829038.thumb.jpeg.0cd0cf6374383e8139a2dae01e58da57.jpeg

I love this time of year!

Your plants look great!   

I hope Cadens flower business blossoms😃

Wow you have been busy in the garden. your garlic is doing very well. Even if I felt up to it,  too chilly here to get playing with soil and set up core gardening.

forecast says next week to be in 60s and 70s so I plan on working outdoors then.

I will definitely try to convert a photo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Our Sarah set up a birthday table at our favourite Italian restaurant tonight.

Pauline had her birthday on the ship but had covid when we got home then Sarah had covid last week so tonight was the first opportunity to meet up.

IMG_20220406_183032.jpg

IMG_20220406_191725.jpg

IMG_20220406_191714.jpg

IMG-20220406-WA0015.jpg

Lovely.   Glad to hear everyone is feeling better.   🥰

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just booked Oasis for August.  Now I feel better having a cruise booked!!!  It is a graduation present for our granddaughter and we are letting her mother join in😃

That's awesome!   This afternoon I was saying we should book Oasis for Aug or Sept.   Eric was thinking 8.28 but I was thinking 9.11 or 9.18

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 9:57 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

Keeping her in my thoughts. Hoping for a good outcome.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:36 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Two doses separated by 2-6 months.

We still haven’t gotten our shingles shots. I’m thinking the one dose might be a better choice.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:04 PM, jagsfan said:

While we are on this cruise, I am missing the funerals of not one, but two friends. 
Vickie was in her 60’s, and woke up with a massive headache. She was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and two days later she was gone. 
Fran played Bunco at my house in February. She said her back hurt and she’d go to an orthopedist as soon as she got back from out of town to see her new grandbaby. 
Came home, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, went into the hospital, where they were going to give her one dose of radiation to ease the pain. She went downhill too fast. Originally she was given four months. She was moved to hospice after four days in the hospital and died Friday. She was 71. 
Vickie and Fran were both models in our women’s club fashion show in February. 
Next time I whine about something hurting, I’m going to smack myself. 

So sorry to hear this Mimi about your friends.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I've never smoked....anything.

Us either. Just never saw a need to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Glad it’s his style and not his personality.😉

I’ve had a couple days and private rentals to which the ship moved so much that the pumps would run out of water and stop.  They would quickly fire up again when the ship levelled out. Anyone on the wave was stranded, then swamped. 

I am not a jewel thief with inside information from Scotland Yard.  

Nor, have I ever been a principal from Jersey…. Nyuk nyuk 

Nor, have i ever done the best of the best while wearing a robe from my cabin, while drinking a cocktail and throwing disco night blinking rings to those watching.  

I have never been on the wave when it collapses, but I have watched it, and it scares me. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Your skill and talent is at such a high level that you make it look effortless & boring.  You already lasted 3 minutes longer than 90% of the people.

BTW, private lesson? Or you up at the  crack of dawn? Where are the long lines of people.

So, I have not ever participated in lessons offered, I am a product of watching good surfers, and trying to do what they do.  I am really good, but I really suck compared to those who are super athletic or super coordinated.  I don’t do tricks, I don’t try to do tricks because mastering them requires falling.  I know from my first TA when I was learning how painful falling is.  When we got to Fort Lauderdale in 2009, my stomach muscles were so sore from falling backwards head first, that a day after I got home my crotch turned purple from a muscle tear in my stomach and the blood pooling there.  It was 4 years before I tried again.  I massively improved on the second cruise.  I have done private sessions, it was on one of those in 2014 when I did my first 360 turn without falling.  When the weather is nice I spin doing those til I fall at the end of my 3 minute ride… that is as close to a trick that I do.  

I learned to do what I do on a Unicorn sailing from NYC on the Anthem, when it was often on a 9 night cruise me and the sports staff surfing together.  When you have 15 minutes at a time, you begin to figure it out.  To go up the wave you have to be sideways to the wave.  Once you get up the wave, you have to maintain that.  Falling at the top of the wave hurts because the above the wave is NOT a trampoline it is a deck.  

Don’t be impressed by me, I am not nearly as good as those who are really good.  That said, I know how to ride the wave.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Pauline had her birthday on the ship but had covid when we got home then Sarah had covid last week so tonight was the first opportunity to meet up.

IMG_20220406_183032.jpg

IMG_20220406_191725.jpg

IMG_20220406_191714.jpg

IMG-20220406-WA0015.jpg

Sorry to hear Pauline and Sarah got covid. Glad you're all fit and well now and able to celebrate Pauline's birthday together 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

one more direct from mac

Wish I had the courage to do this. I love boogie board surfing in the sea in Cornwall. When I was a child we had those old fashioned wooden boards , great fun 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear Pauline and Sarah got covid. Glad you're all fit and well now and able to celebrate Pauline's birthday together 

Thank you Sue.

We were on P&O Iona for 14 nights for Pauline's 60th birthday but it was lovely to meet up with our Sarah last night.

It is 3°C and raining here in North East England this morning.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just booked Oasis for August.  Now I feel better having a cruise booked!!!  It is a graduation present for our granddaughter and we are letting her mother join in😃

Congratulations Marietta to your granddaughter on her graduation.

A cruise is a lovely present for your granddaughter and her mam from you and I'm sure you will all have an amazing time.

Thank you for your nice comments about Pauline, Sarah and myself too.

Graham.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am sure everyone will have lots of fun!   So nice of you and Charlie to gift them for her graduation😍

Have they cruised before?

How is Charlie feeling?

• Like 1

@Ozark_Kid. Last night played a bit more with my phone and discovered my photos are jpgs.  I am able to attach photos to texts and emails and others received and were able to view photos.

For CC, when I hit add files or the paper clip below it blinks and nothing happens.   I do not use cc app, I enter this site thru website.   Maybe I should try the app?

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_Kid. Last night played a bit more with my phone and discovered my photos are jpgs.  I am able to attach photos to texts and emails and others received and were able to view photos.

For CC, when I hit add files or the paper clip below it blinks and nothing happens.   I do not use cc app, I enter this site thru website.   Maybe I should try the app?

I do not use the CC app. I tried it at one time, didn't like it, and deleted it so I use the website. My photos are also jpg. That is the default for most digital cameras as far as I know. I have no issues getting photos to load to CC. I just have the sideways issue now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

IMG_20220406_183032.jpg

IMG_20220406_191725.jpg

IMG_20220406_191714.jpg

IMG-20220406-WA0015.jpg

You’re all photogenic, plus you  enjoy good food! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's awesome!   This afternoon I was saying we should book Oasis for Aug or Sept.   Eric was thinking 8.28 but I was thinking 9.11 or 9.18

Eric must be feeling better if he’s talking cruises? I sure hope so!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Eric must be feeling better if he’s talking cruises? I sure hope so!

YES 😃  He got off the recliner and did some work yesterday afternoon.   Then at dinner he started talking about what we have booked and what he wants to book so definitely feeling better.

• Like 10

We are booked for an 8 night sailing out of Baltimore on May 19th but decided we will cancel. 

Our shore house is fully booked from 3rd week of June thru beginning of October.   We now have a person wanting to book last week of May and first week of June.  

No can opener lady!!

Usually we hang out for month of June but decided we will rent out and just do 2 weeks in June and stay for a bit before memorial day to get ready for renters.

This was the first winter in several years we did not have a winter tenant from labor day to memorial day.   We thought we would use it for holidays,, etc.. but really didn't get there much this winter.

• Like 5