Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

OMG!!!!  How horrible!!  We had a neighbor who was a Hoarder.  We had no idea, until Jim and another neighbor was asked to check out a leak at our elderly neighbors home.  Jim said you could barely walk through the pathways of clutter.  Sad.

In 2002 we went to California to visit a cousin of mine who we last visited when she lived in NY in the 80’s.We arrived at her house but every room except the kitchen had clutter ,floor to ceiling.I have no idea where and how she slept.

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Hearing the talk  about hoarders I can truly relate. We inherited the MIL. And Uncle

4,000 foot ranch duplex with full basement. 
The 4 empty bedrooms from people had clutter to the ceiling . You could not open the doors. Their individual bedrooms were bad but you could open door. 

The full basement had complete clutter with mini pathways. 

The attic stored tons of suitcases Christmas decorations. 

This would be a great drinking story so I’ll save it for later. 

But what I wanted to share is something I saved that a recent thread poster made me chuckle. 

So if anyone has any S & H green stamp books I’ll add them to the 39 I found.  Besides. I also found more stamps to go in books. 

Wonder if there worth anything. 

See below. 

8216405E-9A5E-4C35-AA87-E7B0E0D286B8.jpeg

https://www.wikihow.com/Redeem-S%26H-Green-Stamps

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just talked to friends of ours who just came back from a Mississippi River cruise.  Both have covid!  

A couple we know was on a Viking River Cruise in Germany last week, when the husband came down with Covid.  They had to leave the cruise and have been quarantining in a hotel in Germany.  They are hoping to be able to fly home to NY by next Tuesday.  Bummer.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My jury service was odd, as I served for 2 full weeks with a different case each week  - one criminal and one civil. I thought that was weird as I was under the impression you are done once your first trial is over. 

Anyways, the criminal case was breaking and entering. A guy was found in a closed fast food place with his hand down a floor safe. He was en ex-employee that was fired a few months earlier. His excuse was that he was in the neighborhood, noticed the back door was open & went inside to look for some of his "friends". Took us about 10 minutes to convict him. Sentenced to 5 years I think.  The group of jurors I was with really bonded that week. Two hour lunches every day (court system has a lot of down time)  & happy hour after the trial was over.

The civil case was brought on by a kid #1 riding a bicycle thru the hallways of an apartment complex, ran into kid #2 and broke his leg.  The parents of kid #2 sued the parent of kid #1 for some ridiculous amount of money.  Different group of jurors this time but we were all of the mind set that kids do stupid things & sometimes they get hurt. It's called growing up, weve all done it & since none of the injuries were life threatening or permanent, decided in favor of the defendant (parents of kid #1) Unfornatley, before we could tell the bailiff we reached a decision, we were informed that they settled the case out of court. No idea what the settlement was although someone mention that the parent of kid#1 would help pay some of the medical bills., which seemed fair and probably all what the parents of kid#2 wanted all along.

Both of my daughters received jury duty notices today.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You have to be one of thee most resourceful persons I have had the opportunity to get to know via CC. 

You always have so much to share. 

Cannot wait to meet the MR. and MRS. on the Bella cruise. 

Take care. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you Greg for your advice . Glad that it is mostly behind you and hope it is all happy cruising for you on the Bella sailing .

They did a nerve block so that’s why he was able to go home so soon. We watched the needle go in on the sonogram. 

Nerve blocks make a huge difference. I'm so happy he is doing well.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a crush on Raquel Welch 😀

Didn't we all? One Million Years B.C. did it for me as John pointed out.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wasn't it Andy's last pinup in Shawshank

Screenshot_20220506-151653_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f3b502bd71d89788e4f16eff9cc7036.jpg

Might have been B&W version

Screenshot_20220506-152046_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61f7056a85edeec6138d291f8964ba65.jpg

My uncle had it

Found these on my 'Encyclopedia'😇

I had the color version poster as well. I could not stop staring at it.

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It will come. I promise!

Thank you so much.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I should of mentioned yesterday  when I posted the RC letter welcoming us today. Our cruise is supposed to start next week not today.  Talk about an early boarding time.

When I was standing in line to enter the terminal to board Allure two weeks ago on a Friday I received an email from RCI saying the were looking forward to welcoming me aboard Harmony on Sunday.... different port, different day, different ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I had the color version poster as well. I could not stop staring at it.

Stared at this a lot growing up. For a couple obvious reasons

Screenshot_20220506-172627_Chrome.jpg.6a3f1a8f4f2f98ccb7a285fd82994955.jpg

12 million copies. Best selling poster of all time. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wasn't it Andy's last pinup in Shawshank

Screenshot_20220506-151653_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f3b502bd71d89788e4f16eff9cc7036.jpg

Might have been B&W version

Screenshot_20220506-152046_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61f7056a85edeec6138d291f8964ba65.jpg

My uncle had it

Found these on my 'Encyclopedia'😇

Little more current for those not as Old as John

image.jpeg.41284bffe9d2971713f23cceb4562032.jpeg

Movie Market - Prints & Posters of Bo Derek 203753

Bo Derek

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you can survive with just the TV stations that broadcast an OTA signal, this is a very workable solution.  We can't survive that way though. 

Nope, I have to have Bravo TV even though I mostly only watch one show on that channel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just talked to friends of ours who just came back from a Mississippi River cruise.  Both have covid!  

Just like Lisa and I.

We went to the Jays game and we now both have Covid. Even with 2 doses and a booster it has kicked us both hard.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Stared at this a lot growing up. For a couple obvious reasons

Screenshot_20220506-172627_Chrome.jpg.6a3f1a8f4f2f98ccb7a285fd82994955.jpg

12 million copies. Best selling poster of all time. 

A lot of my friends had that one too. Yes it was a best seller.

• Like 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

We went to the Jays game and we now both have Covid. Even with 2 doses and a booster it has kicked us both hard.

Yikes I'm sorry this happened. I need to get my second booster with all these new variants. Get well soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

Sorry to hear that, stay out of the Blue Jays Dug Out !

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

Sending prayers 🙏 that you both recover quickly and fully.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Little more current for those not as Old as John

FWIW, I'd bet most folks here are older than me. You included.

Just a casual observation 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had my first jury duty several years ago and the bailiff in the jury room said something that makes a lot of sense.  He said that most people dread jury duty going into it, but are happy that they did it coming out.  

I was one of the initial 12 selected for the jury box the first time that I was called, and went through the voir dire process.  I heard an overview of the trial and then the lawyers (and the judge) asked a few questions of the jurors (e.g. are you related to any law enforcement officials, what is your occupation, etc.).  I told them that I was an Engineer, which I was told often gets you out of jury duty.  Lawyers don't typically want logical thinking people.  They want people who will think more emotionally.  The judge asked if there's any reason why any of the jurors don't think they can serve.  I raised my hand and said that I had a lot of important things happening at work (which was true) and didn't know how well I could focus on the trial.  The judge and lawyers disappeared for a few minutes and then returned.  The judge announced that juror numbers x, y, z are excused.  I was one of the excused jurors.  I don't know if it was because of what I said, or because I was an engineer, or both.  Several times since then I've had to do the daily calls to see if I've been chosen, but have never been picked.  I kind of wish that I'd gone through the whole trial for that first jury duty summons to get the experience.

I never get as far as you did. Every time I get the notice I write back stating my profession and why I can't afford the time out of work and that has always ended it so far.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I'd bet most folks here are older than me. You included.

Just a casual observation 

I must sound old then on the internet then, highly doubt you are younger then me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

59 for 3 more months😁

Really? you look much older., all wise years I'm sure 🙂 ............I'm 62 but my wife still calls me a child !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 6