Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Mother’s Day tomorrow to all the Mon’s who post here and all the Mom’s in the families of those who post here.

We are celebrating tomorrow beginning at 10 AM We will be 6 adults,2 kids and 2 four legged kids.

Have a wonderful time Lenny! It is great to live so close to your dear ones.
Unfortunately we have to choose between which Mom gets to celebrate with her children, due to being spread out geographically and unwillingness of people to travel or compromise for even one year. So since many years in a row, DH's Mom and SIL have been winning this "in person prize" lottery.

But at least we have face time for the other moms in this family! Not the same, but you have to make lemoncello from lemons! (I won't settle for lemonade!!!😁)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I didn’t like MASH until I was older. For context I was in grade 6 when the final episode aired. It was in university that I started to watch and appreciate the show. 

Hogans Hero’s was on TV when I came home from school. That show I loved as a kid. “I see nothing”.  😂

Hogans Hero's was another one of my faves growing up. I have the theme music in my head as I type this. A little strudel will go a long way with Sgt. Schultz.

I used to watch the early seasons of MASH in reruns when I got home from school. The Trapper John / Colonel Blake / Frank Burns years, although Charles Winchester was a perfect foil for Hawkeye in later episodes.  The show started to get a little heavy and preachy in it's later years.

I didn't watch the last few seasons, even though they were new & broadcast in prime time.  By then, I was more interested in cars and girls (not necessarily in that order). I know I saw the last episode but honestly can't remember much of it, other than Klinger ended up staying in Korea with his new bride after years of trying to get out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, clochette said:

my oldest daughter moved to TX a couple of months ago, and I drove there with her from NY we of course had to stop at Bucees and I understood the attraction, the beef jerky counter was amazing to, as well as the fresh made BBQ sandwich, it was a bit overwhelming.

That is exactly how I discovered Bucees  5 years ago. Every visit to Texas now includes a mandatory "quick" stop at Bucees....if a 1 hour+ stop can be considered quick! LOL 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I hope you both feel better soon. Is Owen Ok?

Owen had it back in February so he is all good. I feel better today than yesterday. I even went outside for a few minutes. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That is exactly how I discovered Bucees  5 years ago. Every visit to Texas now includes a mandatory "quick" stop at Bucees....if a 1 hour+ stop can be considered quick! LOL 

We usually get gas at the one just south of Macon

Screenshot_20220507-110553_Google.thumb.jpg.e6b0725211a627a07c04a24ccb4770bc.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen had it back in February so he is all good. I feel better today than yesterday. I even went outside for a few minutes. 

Sorry to hear you & Lisa tested positive and have felt so crummy.  Hope you’re on the mend now.  How odd that neither of you caught it from Owen!

I had my 2nd booster yesterday, so far no side effects 🤞

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No love for I Dream of Jeannie?

Screenshot_20220507-111300_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b0d05d501361bdbe9563b38d6b49a76.jpg

One reason I wanted a Cocoa Beach address

Yikes brain fart. How could I forget I dream of Jeanie? Yes it would be totally on my list as I watched it all the time. I was in love with Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery of Bewitched. I also was a Ginger kind of guy on Gilligan's Island.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Since everyone is talking age and tv shows I will share mine. I'm 65 for another couple of weeks. As a kid growing up in the 60's I loved watching television.  So these were my favorite shows but not listed in order.

Dick Van Dyke

Leave it to Beaver

The Andy Griffith Show

Bewitched

Gilligan's Island

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Beverly Hillbillies

Adam-12

Cartoons included:

Looney Tunes

Road Runner

Johnny Quest

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

I pretty much followed along the same lines as you with cartoons and shows including Lenny's contributions of Leave It To Beaver and Get Smart. I will be hitting 68 at the end of June. In my opinion, age is just a number. Even though my body sometimes feels like it's had the c^*p kicked out of it, I can still party with the best of them, especially when I'm on a cruise.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Have a wonderful time Lenny! It is great to live so close to your dear ones.
Unfortunately we have to choose between which Mom gets to celebrate with her children, due to being spread out geographically and unwillingness of people to travel or compromise for even one year. So since many years in a row, DH's Mom and SIL have been winning this "in person prize" lottery.

But at least we have face time for the other moms in this family! Not the same, but you have to make lemoncello from lemons! (I won't settle for lemonade!!!😁)

Thanks,Arzeena.We only have one daughter and family nearby.Our other daughter and husband live in Manhattan but I guess that is not really far away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yikes brain fart. How could I forget I dream of Jeanie? Yes it would be totally on my list as I watched it all the time. I was in love with Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery of Bewitched. I also was a Ginger kind of guy on Gilligan's Island.

Tina Louise is 88 .I first saw her in God’s Little Acre in 1958.She was 24 .

9 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I pretty much followed along the same lines as you with cartoons and shows including Lenny's contributions of Leave It To Beaver and Get Smart. I will be hitting 68 at the end of June. In my opinion, age is just a number. Even though my body sometimes feels like it's had the c^*p kicked out of it, I can still party with the best of them, especially when I'm on a cruise.

68 is young to me .When I was 68 I was walking as much as 15 miles a day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m used to spring allergies as a long time sufferer.

For me this has been much worse than a head cold for me.  It feels like a vice on my head, along with a horrendous sinus headache.  I have been doing my best to stay hydrated.  My appetite is low with just 3 bowls of cereal being consumed the last two days.  I have been basically lounging on my bed the last two days. Lisa has been doing better than me, but is also two days ahead of being being patient zero for our home. 

I’m optimistic that today will be a better day. 

I hope this finds you feeling much better, Andrew!  Same goes for Lisa.  How about some chicken soup? (That's always my go-to when I feel like crap)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

We’ve been watching Jeopardy every single night and it didn’t record last night when the Canadian lost.  

Sharon records it each night.  I watched it with her last night.  Mattea Roach was a fun one to watch.  The one who beat her by $1 was shocked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I hope this finds you feeling much better, Andrew!  Same goes for Lisa.  How about some chicken soup? (That's always my go-to when I feel like crap)

I had some for lunch. I have been consuming lots of iced water as well today. Next up is some tea with honey. 

Tonight I will partake in some NeoCitran before bed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Feel better. 

My stepdaughter tested positive yesterday.  So far, it's nothing worse than a mild head cold or spring allergies. The only reason she tested herself was because she was around someone's kid that had it. 

I guess that makes me in charge of dinner the next 5-7 days. 😐😉

I spoke with one my girlfriends this morning that is an elementary school teacher and she said just yesterday alone they had over 50 children test positive, most just had the sniffles.    

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

1  1/4 inch hail coming our way in the next 30 minutes

Tornado Watch  !!

about 15 miles from  us.......60, 70mph winds

It is an ugly day here.     in the middle of the night/early morning we had very strong winds with heavy rain and I wondered if tornado was in the area but did not get any alerts on my phone while in bed.    Woke up and see some very large branches from our maple tree in the yard.    Steady rain all day with winds but nothing last earlier.

I bet the Oasis coming up the coast to NJ is experiencing some nasty weather today.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

In my opinion, age is just a number.

At 57 I was standing in the flowrider line talking to a young guy.  I said, at 57 I might need to think twice about getting on this.  He replied no,57 is the new 45!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mash is still on at my house, Charlie loves it.  He also loves Hogan’s  Heroes which gives me a headache!

My Father was part of a Mash unit on the front lines in Korea.    After he passed away my Mom watched Mash every night.    

• Like 9