Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie has been watching Hogan’s Heroes forever.  Back in 1973 my son was a newborn who was always waking up all night long.  I would try to go to sleep and would hear the Hogan’s Heroes theme song and knew the baby would be up also.  I think that was what turned me off and it was already in reruns in 1973.😳

It's funny how we relate certain sounds / songs to events in our life.     

I will always remember when one of our sons was colicky and Eric would take his turn and hold him to soothe him in the middle of the night.    I ended get a wok from an info commercial Eric kept seeing in the middle of the night.     

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Wishing every mom a Happy Day tomorrow!

Happy Mother's Day, Marietta!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We had our grandsons for the night, enabling their parents a very rare Friday evening out.

and we took them for a walk, a sunny Saturday morning here.

image.thumb.jpeg.b24fba8a61367f3e7e07175f0bf2c1f4.jpeg

Happy Mother's day !!!

Happy Mother's Day, Dani!    I love the picture of the boys holding hands while you capture them from behind.  Those are always so priceless!

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Typically don't cross post here and my thread, but today is an exception. 😉

Somebody turned 12 today😁🎂

20220502_170058.jpg.8f33f0779ef73b7c07e751e5c341050a.jpg

Happy Birthday pretty Bella!  What is she having for her Birthday dinner?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is an ugly day here.     in the middle of the night/early morning we had very strong winds with heavy rain and I wondered if tornado was in the area but did not get any alerts on my phone while in bed.    Woke up and see some very large branches from our maple tree in the yard.    Steady rain all day with winds but nothing last earlier.

I bet the Oasis coming up the coast to NJ is experiencing some nasty weather today.

We have rain and strong winds.It is supposed to be this way till tomorrow early morning.

• Like 1

WISHING ALL OF YOU MOM'S ON HERE A WONDERFUL AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TOMORROW!!!!!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Happy Birthday Bella! I hope your day is filled with treats.

Cheers at the water bowl !

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday pretty Bella!  What is she having for her Birthday dinner?

Not sure, mom is in Atlanta. Gave her bacon for lunch. I'm sure we'll have ice cream tonight

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At 57 I was standing in the flowrider line talking to a young guy.  I said, at 57 I might need to think twice about getting on this.  He replied no,57 is the new 45!

Well, this 57 year old likes the way that guy thinks. 😄

Although, in my mind, I think I'm 36, 3 years younger than my stepdaughter who apparently thinks she still 22. 😃

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sure you hear this all the time but Bella always looks like she is smiling.

Is that just for the pictures or all the time? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm sure you hear this all the time but Bella always looks like she is smiling.

Is that just for the pictures or all the time? 

I miss most of her expressions 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Well, this 57 year old likes the way that guy thinks. 😄

Although, in my mind, I think I'm 36, 3 years younger than my stepdaughter who apparently thinks she still 22. 😃

57 is young enough to be my child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All this talk of ages, and suddenly I am feeling older today. 😂😂

One of our standard tv shows to view when I was growing up, was the Ed Sullivan Show.  Much of what I consider the best music of our generation was spotlighted on his show.  I wore my hair long in the early 60’s, but with it slicked back.  After the Beatles appeared on the Sullivan show, I combed it forward and headed to school.  That hairstyle earned me a prompt trip to the Principal’s office.  My, how things have changed. 

Clint Eastwood movies were always big on campus when I was in college.  The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly was always playing, and some of my fraternity brothers were obsessed with it.  In fact, one just sent all of us a five page trivia test on the movie.   And, of course, when Dirty Harry came out, it seems we had several 44 magnums appear at our house and several of us would head to the range on weekends with them.

• Like 7

We are finally going to Tortola! Originally wanted to go 2 years again then Covid hit. Then the sailing that I had originally booked for March of 2023 got cancelled (Then booked the Bella cruise) I have been waiting patiently to see if a Tortola sailing would show up but nothing. I contacted my ace TA who knows everything and he said try back around end of April when Royal would add more sailings. Then nothing. I got to the point where I started looking to book a Celebrity cruise to Tortola.

Then surprise today as I did some routine searches and found 7 Night Eastern Caribbean and PD from Ft. Lauderdale on Voyager on October 21,2023-Oct. 28, 2023. Perfect and great itinerary.

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 2-3 Cruising (Love this)

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke here I come!!!!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter made First Communion today.  Such dismal weather.E1B212B9-42A4-4BA9-918C-6A501077B790.thumb.jpeg.21f597c44db5e9aa29dece4c0b5902e3.jpeg

What a sweet picture!  God Bless your granddaughter on receiving her First Holy Communion!

My great-nephew made his also on SI today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are finally going to Tortola! Originally wanted to go 2 years again then Covid hit. Then the sailing that I had originally booked for March of 2023 got cancelled (Then booked the Bella cruise) I have been waiting patiently to see if a Tortola sailing would show up but nothing. I contacted my ace TA who knows everything and he said try back around end of April when Royal would add more sailings. Then nothing. I got to the point where I started looking to book a Celebrity cruise to Tortola.

Then surprise today as I did some routine searches and found 7 Night Eastern Caribbean and PD from Ft. Lauderdale on Voyager on October 21,2023-Oct. 28, 2023. Perfect and great itinerary.

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 2-3 Cruising (Love this)

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke here I come!!!!

Must be one of the new itineraries created due to redeployment. Glad you found it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

What is the bird with the long neck in your latest photos? I’ve never seen one like it. 
I had to laugh at the cockatoo in the tree. 
I felt the way I did when I saw birds in Australia. My first thought was that someone’s pet bird flew away. 
It’s amazing that such beautiful species developed Down Under and so different from the rest of the world. 

The Cassowary.  Can be seen in Far North Queensland.  Have very sharp talons so tourists are warned to keep their distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1