Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations Crystal, on a job well done!  It's obvious by how you've been honored last night, that you are a valuable and very much loved employee!  I mean, how many people get a big party thrown for them after saying "I quit"!  I wish you so much happiness at your new job and your now full-time Florida residence.  Enjoy!!!!!🌴

Jim mentioned that to me last night.  He said ...just watch...Maryanne will wind up winning next week!  Not our choice, but crazier things can happen...

Jonathan was my choice from the first episode,Mike was my second .I did not select a third.The last time that somebody won that I rooted for was the guy from Long Island a few years ago.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@JimboWe plan on stopping at Vincetown Diner for an early dinner.     Want anything?

There is NOTHING like a NJ Diner.  I think we've been to every diner in Bergen County. Can't wait to be in NJ for 2 weeks in mid-June for. our grandson's Middle School graduation.  

Enjoy the beach, where salt lowers blood pressure!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

There is NOTHING like a NJ Diner.  I think we've been to every diner in Bergen County. Can't wait to be in NJ for 2 weeks in mid-June for. our grandson's Middle School graduation.  

Enjoy the beach, where salt lowers blood pressure!

Have you ever been to the Rear View Diner in Bergen County ? Friends of ours who lived in Staten Island moved to Bergen County about 8 years ago 

and raved about the food in that diner.We have been there a few times.

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are finally in the car and on our way to LBI.    I was hoping to avoid rush hour but Eric kept finding last minute things to do like wash the car.     

Kitties are in good hands with my neighbor.       It was like Eva knew as she escaped out the front door while Eric was washing the car and she immediately ran over to the neighbors front door and knocked (tapped with her paw) on her storm door.  She knows how to get treats😺  Too cute

@Jimbo  We plan on stopping at Vincentown Diner for an early dinner.     Want anything?

Wash the car wt$ ?

Thought you would never ask 🤣.............My wife will have the Chicken Parm, I would have the Veal Parm usually but I think they took that off their menu. So Shrimp Scampi for Me.

We do miss that place! 😋

• Like 2

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Crystal and Nate, wishing you to start with the "right" leg your new chapter in life 💐

Congratulations Crystal!!

Crystal & Nate ,Get ready to create tons of memories in your new place in the next chapter of your life.

Good Luck on your move, may it go as well for you as it did for my Wife and I. 🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601

Have a great time in LBI, Debbie and Eric!  You're sure going at a great time..it's going to be in the 90's this weekend!  Safe travels.

86 degrees here.The pools in my development that normally open Labor Day weekend are opening this Saturday.However,the party that they have every year to start the pool opening will not be this year.The last one was in 2019.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wash the car wt$ ?

Thought you would never ask 🤣.............My wife will have the Chicken Parm, I would have the Veal Parm usually but I think they took that off their menu. So Shrimp Scampi for Me.

We do miss that place! 😋

We are here and the problem is everything looks good on the menu especially since we didn't have any lunch today and are both hungry.   I hate walking by the deserts - oh they look soo good I might have to take one to go.    You are right, no Veal parm but still have chicken parm.     Eric is thinking of ordering the short rib mac n cheese and I am thinking a patty melt with a side of parmesan truffle fries.    shrimp scampi sounds good too - 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are here and the problem is everything looks good on the menu especially since we didn't have any lunch today and are both hungry.   I hate walking by the deserts - oh they look soo good I might have to take one to go.    You are right, no Veal parm but still have chicken parm.     Eric is thinking of ordering the short rib mac n cheese and I am thinking a patty melt with a side of parmesan truffle fries.    shrimp scampi sounds good too - 

Greasier thing on the menu, go for it...........If my son was there he would have a reuben!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601

Have a great time in LBI, Debbie and Eric!  You're sure going at a great time..it's going to be in the 90's this weekend!  Safe travels.

Last I checked weather in Beach Haven should be low 70's and sunny which will perfect to ride my bike around town and see what has changed since October.   

Another thing on Eric's list to do this morning was put on the central AC to make sure it works.    All set for the kitty cats to remain cool although they love to be outside during the day.     Eva stretches out on the lounge chair almost every day before dinner.     

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Greasier thing on the menu, go for it...........If my son was there he would have a reuben!

Eric was thinking about the reuben.      I haven't had a patty melt since last year and they are soo good here.     They are pretty busy should have food soon.     Which is just fine as there is a lot of traffic now.    

Cheapest gas we have seen so far is $4.69 (at home is $4.85).

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Jim mentioned that to me last night.  He said ...just watch...Maryanne will wind up winning next week!  Not our choice, but crazier things can happen...

But she is so annoying.😐

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw last night your good friend Taylor got a honorary doctorate.     Maybe she will come work with you😁

Lol, yeah I saw that too. Now she can truly castrate the ex's that she sings about who have done her wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Jonathan was my choice from the first episode,Mike was my second .I did not select a third.The last time that somebody won that I rooted for was the guy from Long Island a few years ago.

I really enjoy watching what Jonathan can do.   Super exciting to watch him win.  
That girl does good also.  Just wish others would 'participate' since it's boring when the same ones win.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601I was able to look up the September 2023 cruise on Serenade.   That sounds nice and very good price.

I know it looks amazing.   I have no idea why so low as that itinerary is usually pricier.   We are still tossing it around that one or the Jewel out of NJ to Greenland.    With airfare and hotel the Serenade would end up being about the same price as the Jewel out of NJ and we can drive to NJ.    But Jewel doesn't include a couple of days in Iceland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well, I’ve done it! Today was my official last day of working in Colorado.

Congratulations Crystal on the start of your new adventure. The fact your coworkers gave you such a great send off is true testimony of their love and respect for you. I’m happy for you and Nate as begin your new chapter.

I'm sure you might have mentioned it before but I missed it. Where will be going and what will be your new job?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know it looks amazing.   I have no idea why so low as that itinerary is usually pricier.   We are still tossing it around that one or the Jewel out of NJ to Greenland.    With airfare and hotel the Serenade would end up being about the same price as the Jewel out of NJ and we can drive to NJ.    But Jewel doesn't include a couple of days in Iceland.

We haven't done a TA before.  I thought when we do I want to travel west because I'm thinking adjusting to the time change would go better.

• Like 2