Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We haven't done a TA before.  I thought when we do I want to travel west because I'm thinking adjusting to the time change would go better.

We have not yet done a TA either.     Eric doesn't want a TA that has 8 sea days so another reason this one looks good since you only have 2 or 3 sea days in a row.   

• Like 1

Thinking of y'all. 

image.thumb.png.cc3bdf19f1c020f05a03519cf8a964d9.png

They use the same company for  Syrup that I do for puree. 

image.thumb.png.df9a4b169e2b0ba24eb516aac3d7a6a6.png

At the pool we got a Miami Vice and a Peach Daiquiri.   We couldn't drink them because of chunks of ice.  I went back to the bar and pointed it out.  He said it's the size of the ice.  I told him I have not had this problem at the other bars.  He said again, size of ice.  I told him I have this machine,  you just aren't blending it long enough.   I said blend it twice.  He did another Peach and blended extra.  I told him perfect.  He said, size of ice.  I said this one is perfect.  He made another Miami and it was perfect. 

I had this happen before while up at the pool bar.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, mets07 said:

My husband and I are going to our nephew/my godson's university graduation in New York state on Saturday. It is supposed to be 96 degrees F.  (!!) 

In my part of NY it is expected to hit 86 .In Denver,Colorado it was 84 today and it is expected to be 36 tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have not yet done a TA either.     Eric doesn't want a TA that has 8 sea days so another reason this one looks good since you only have 2 or 3 sea days in a row.   

I always wanted to do a TA but Toby never wanted to do a cruise with 8 sea days.That would not have been a problem for me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In my part of NY it is expected to hit 86 .In Denver, Colorado it was 84 today and it is expected to be 36 tomorrow.

You must have been watching the Mets game today, Lenny. The Mets are heading to Denver (this evening) to play the Rockies starting tomorrow and they said the temp will drop from 80s today to the 30s tomorrow. 😉

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another thing on Eric's list to do this morning was put on the central AC to make sure it works. 

This is something we always do late April or early May. I always figure it’s better to know that the AC is working then to find out later that it isn’t. especially these last few years with shortages of everything.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All set for the kitty cats to remain cool although they love to be outside during the day.     Eva stretches out on the lounge chair almost every day before dinner.     

Soul sisters to Lucy, except she sleeps all day but is out all night. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, mets07 said:

You must have been watching the Mets game today, Lenny. The Mets are heading to Denver (this evening) to play the Rockies starting tomorrow and they said the temp will drop from 80s today to the 30s tomorrow. 😉

I watch every Mets game .Denver is supposed to have 6” of snow tomorrow .

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

There is NOTHING like a NJ Diner.  I think we've been to every diner in Bergen County. Can't wait to be in NJ for 2 weeks in mid-June for. our grandson's Middle School graduation.  

Enjoy the beach, where salt lowers blood pressure!

How about The Tick Tock Diner on Rte 3???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

My husband and I are going to our nephew/my godson's university graduation in New York state on Saturday. It is supposed to be 96 degrees F.  (!!) 

My wife got her degree going at night a few decades ago and it was about 105 on her graduation day . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thinking of y'all. 

image.thumb.png.cc3bdf19f1c020f05a03519cf8a964d9.png

They use the same company for  Syrup that I do for puree. 

image.thumb.png.df9a4b169e2b0ba24eb516aac3d7a6a6.png

At the pool we got a Miami Vice and a Peach Daiquiri.   We couldn't drink them because of chunks of ice.  I went back to the bar and pointed it out.  He said it's the size of the ice.  I told him I have not had this problem at the other bars.  He said again, size of ice.  I told him I have this machine,  you just aren't blending it long enough.   I said blend it twice.  He did another Peach and blended extra.  I told him perfect.  He said, size of ice.  I said this one is perfect.  He made another Miami and it was perfect. 

I had this happen before while up at the pool bar.

That stinks he acted that way.  Doesn't sound like he will make much in extra tips.   Hopefully he learned for the next one😋

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are finally in the car and on our way to LBI.    I was hoping to avoid rush hour but Eric kept finding last minute things to do like wash the car.

Funny, I like to wash the car too before taking a long road trip. Hate looking thru dirty windows at a dirty hood for hours at a time & getting my hands dirty every time I touch the door handle during my (frequent) rest stop breaks.

Heading upstate NY to the Finger Lake region first thing tomorrow morning. I was going to wash the car today but it was so chilly, gloomy and drizzled on and off all day, I did not.

I could wash it first thing in the morning - like 6 am when it's going to be 50 degrees. LOL. But between the tree pollen and bug splatter from driving thru the Catskill Mountains, the car will be filthy before I arrive at my destination.  Plus the neighbors will think I'm crazy. 😁

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

How about The Tick Tock Diner on Rte 3???

The Tick Tock Diner in NJ is a classic.  Huge portions, reasonable prices and tasty food. Love the "Disco Fries" which is a poor mans version of Poutine.  Best drunk food, so a friend tells me.😇 I haven't been there in many years.

They have  another location in Manhattan (same owners) , right across the street from Madison Square Garden but the place is always packed after a Ranger game so I've never been in there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is something we always do late April or early May. I always figure it’s better to know that the AC is working then to find out later that it isn’t. especially these last few years with shortages of everything.

Soul sisters to Lucy, except she sleeps all day but is out all night. 

Sparky and Eva come in when it gets dark.   We have a lot of red foxes and coyotes in our area.   Many years ago we had a cat sprayed by a skunk.  That was horrible and seemed like the odor was never going away.

I feel safer with them inside.

Plus I get the purring snuggles in bed.😻

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Funny, I like to wash the car too before taking a long road trip. Hate looking thru dirty windows at a dirty hood for hours at a time & getting my hands dirty every time I touch the door handle during my (frequent) rest stop breaks.

Heading upstate NY to the Finger Lake region first thing tomorrow morning. I was going to wash the car today but it was so chilly, gloomy and drizzled on and off all day, I did not.

I could wash it first thing in the morning - like 6 am when it's going to be 50 degrees. LOL. But between the tree pollen and bug splatter from driving thru the Catskill Mountains, the car will be filthy before I arrive at my destination.  Plus the neighbors will think I'm crazy. 😁

I know exactly where you are coming from.  Kinda like wearing clean underwear when you go on a trip.🤣

Eric and I both like to wash our own cars whenever we can, especially before and after a road trip.   

I hope you have a great time on your trip to Fingers Lakes.   That is such a beautiful area.

Safe Travels😀

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know exactly where you are coming from.  Kinda like wearing clean underwear when you go on a trip.🤣

Eric and I both like to wash our own cars whenever we can, especially before and after a road trip.   

I hope you have a great time on your trip to Fingers Lakes.   That is such a beautiful area.

Safe Travels😀

The last time I was at the Finger Lakes was about 50 years ago .It was such a beautiful area.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Safe Travels😀

Thank you. You too.  Its going to be in the low 90's this weekend.

It's been over 2 years since I was last at LBI.  Looking forward to your report if anything is new. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. You too.  Its going to be in the low 90's this weekend.

It's been over 2 years since I was last at LBI.  Looking forward to your report if anything is new. 

I was last at LBI in 1972 and only for a few hours..We were visiting friends in Manihawkin and they gave us a tour of the area that they just moved to.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's been a couple years since I have been there.   Maybe I'll add to list for this summer.

We used to drive to upstate NY a lot in the 70’s ,Finger Lakes,Corning,Alexandria Bay,Saratoga,Lake George and Bolton were our favorite areas.Our younger daughter and her husband have a home in upstate NY,a town with 241 full time residents.In the winter people go there to ski and it tends to get very crowded.

pp

• Like 1