Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We have had a nice day already, went to tkts by Lincoln center and got tickets for Back to the future for Saturday afternoon, since buying tickets is hard work we rewarded ourselves with liquid refreshments, then a pastrami on rye at second ave deli, had a Israeli beer to wash it down gold star. Tonight listen to more music then Hamilton followed by pizza.

o

image.jpeg.6eb6d3ab1e6225929c1d4253f747864a.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 26

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

That looks gorgeous. My mom has a large a/c condenser unit as well as full home generator right next to it on one side of her house. They built a little wall/fence around it but it doesn’t hide the units very well. I’ll suggest doing something like this to her.

You shouldn't put anything around the AC condenser units that will restrict air flow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Why do all appliances and pets develop issues at 5 pm on a Friday?

That has always been our experience, on the timeframe for things to break down.

• Like 3

Now, I may need some advice on a granddaughter who may be growing up too fast.

As you may recall, she just turned 9 last month.

My daughter picked her up from dance class last night, and they were on their way to my grandson’s baseball game when my daughter executed one of those “rolling stop” maneuvers.  Well, lights and sirens came on, and she got pulled over.  After she handed over her license and registration, and the officer started walking away, my granddaughter says in her not so quiet voice….. “Oooh mom, he is a cute one!”

He must have heard her, because he was smiling when he came back, and he let her off with a warning.   

I am just not ready for those kind of words to be coming out of that little girl’s mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 27

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My daughter picked her up from dance class last night, and they were on their way to my grandson’s baseball game when my daughter executed one of those “rolling stop” maneuvers.  Well, lights and sirens came on, and she got pulled over.  After she handed over her license and registration, and the officer started walking away, my granddaughter says in her not so quiet voice….. “Oooh mom, he is a cute one!”

He must have heard her, because he was smiling when he came back, and he let her off with a warning.   

I am just not ready for those kind of words to be coming out of that little girl’s mouth. 

How cute!😁🥰

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think Survivor has learned it lesson about bringing race into the mix. If that had continued I would not be watching.

They absolutely had to have gotten a lot of feedback...and not in a good way.  We also were ready to give the show up, but said we'd give it one more chance.  I'm glad we did!

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You seemed so much younger when we met, Sue 😉

I actually just laughed out loud, Dani!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The part that bothered me is that the coil has a 10 year warranty and was only 7 years old.  The 10 year warranty only applies though to the original owner.  When the house gets sold, the warranty drops to 5 years for the new owner. 🤬

Same with our ac in our Florida Condo.  The ac was less than 5 years old when we bought our condo, parts cost us around $3,000, since, like you, the warranty only applied to original owner.

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

He said he was here two years ago for a refrigerant leak and had George done anything about that.  Nope, that would have been the previous owner.  So I’m sure it will be pricey…but AC is a necessity in Florida!!!  (As long ago DeSoto referred to Florida as “an uninhabitable sand spit.”)

We had a refrigerant leak in our house right after we bought this house...7 years ago, and had freon put in.  About two years ago, our AC guy said we would probably need more freon, but the price had gone through the roof at this point.  We said we'd wait and see.  He told us to look for any freezing on the pipes.  That never happened (thank goodness!)  But last Fall, we decided to just get an entire new AC and heating system put it.  Our AC never worked as it does now.  So much cooler with more force coming through the vents.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That has always been our experience, on the timeframe for things to break down.

Along with things break down in 3's,  Especially when it comes to appliances.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And so it begins....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

@George C That is a great looking sandwich!

You and your wife seem to be enjoying your NYC visit. You are getting beautiful weather-showers and T storms for Monday (?). By then, you may be going to Buffalo.

I ♥️ NY

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

Today we want to celebrate our oldest grandson Chris for doing something selfless and generous.  A while back he signed up for one of those "be the match" registries.  Well, they found a match for a patient with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and today he starts the process to donate stem cells for a transfusion.  Next week he'll fly to Houston to complete the procedure, which essentially involves several hours of blood donation (for lack of a better explanation) to harvest his stem cells.

I can't even find the words to express my feelings about the most generous gift that Chris is donating to this woman who I'm sure will be eternally grateful for a second chance at life.   Chris, who is 20 years old, is our oldest grandson.  He makes us so very proud!!❤️

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Today we want to celebrate our oldest grandson Chris for doing something selfless and generous.  A while back he signed up for one of those "be the match" registries.  Well, they found a match for a patient with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and today he starts the process to donate stem cells for a transfusion.  Next week he'll fly to Houston to complete the procedure, which essentially involves several hours of blood donation (for lack of a better explanation) to harvest his stem cells.

I can't even find the words to express my feelings about the most generous gift that Chris is donating to this woman who I'm sure will be eternally grateful for a second chance at life.   Chris, who is 20 years old, is our oldest grandson.  He makes us so very proud!!❤️

Chris sounds like a very impressive young man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It is great to hear about Chris being so caring.   Life goes better when it's not all about ourselves.  He will be a blessing to all around him!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

That sounds like a wonderful gift from your grandson, Chris. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann, you have every right to "kvell" for Chris giving the gift of life to a total stranger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@George C That is a great looking sandwich!

You and your wife seem to be enjoying your NYC visit. You are getting beautiful weather-showers and T storms for Monday (?). By then, you may be going to Buffalo.

I ♥️ NY

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Funny thing while standing in line at tkts I saw a guy with a buffalo bills cap , turns out they just flew in today after talking to them he mentioned a good Bar Bills was which has the best buffalo wings plus the best beef on wick . 

New York City is definitely not cheap drinks average 20 a piece , had a great pizza a couple of hours ago , food was excellent (will post pictures later) but wine list was ridiculous, one of our favorites is Duckhorn merlot which we drink often , I buy it in Dallas for under 50 , our favorite upscale restaurant in Dallas sells it for 95, this pizza place had it for 220,. Just left a bar next to our hotel and saw NY Rangers win in overtime we were about a mile from MSG. Our Dallas Mavericks have surprisingly won the first two games against Minnesota on the road.

Edited by George C
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

+ 2 @Luckynana

BTW, aussie @aussielozzie18 , we missed your posts and pictures lately. Glad to see you "back" 🌺

@h20skibum

Mark, we found ourselves mortified when hearing words from our young kids, words never uttered in our house...they pick so much from kindergarten and primary school, and not for the best...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What an amazing gift Chris is offering up to a perfect stranger!  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here’s some photos you may like - from Jervis Bay - 3hrs south of Sydney, during our weekend away.

Green Patch picnic area in Booderee National Park94B9200C-2A0B-4739-8527-29CC568BE35D.thumb.jpeg.5158ca5ccc2da33f45f333bd12ff1780.jpeg

Cardio workout to access this beach during our bushwalk - “warning long steep descent”

4EE6D63F-9F64-4F90-945E-07A761D16AB4.thumb.jpeg.88d20eb707c006cccd064305a409bc32.jpeg

Boardwalk views

EA027779-8496-4870-AB33-921D6C828D11.thumb.jpeg.8bf9cef44e472e714b2c509028315980.jpeg

D2DF3CFF-F2CC-440E-81AC-C113B0367BF6.thumb.jpeg.f404dfa0148437c29e2f99865cf2bb77.jpeg

C2EC4B24-EFAF-4269-8303-3E899D06BE13.thumb.jpeg.4782bc78806338d8d834541c221687d9.jpeg

2nd whitest sands in Australia (behind Lucky Bay in WA)67A64D70-A011-48E9-94B5-2AF304CB1509.thumb.jpeg.7277215abdeba34b895c5db98c95bb20.jpeg

Early evening beach walk

5BEA30A2-A9EC-429F-BCF0-71D634BD9497.thumb.jpeg.067576db7ed393d3daa37204158908b1.jpeg

the locals visiting our street during our stay.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Every time I book a cruise, I am bombarded with daily "sale" emails for weeks.  Very disappointed that nothing new has been added.  Same email, same sales, on and on ad nauseum.  I don't want to unsubscribe for fear of missing an email that really matters.  Anyone else feel the same way?  

Of course, booking a cruise is happiness.  I get that but sometimes my annoyance level is higher than it should be.

• Like 10

Saw lots of navy and marines walking since this s fleet week. Walked out at intermission of Hamilton, seats are so small with no leg room, cast was excellent will have to see it in Dallas with a touring company, seats are not designed for a 6’4” 270 pound man. Great pizza last night , will see play “back to the future “ this afternoon.

image.jpeg.bb7d775b25d7bbd1207a5e351e2069cf.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Welcome to mulch-a-palooza day 2 … 😂

50 bags down yesterday another 70 today.  Gonna be a hot one too.  

IMG_3238.thumb.jpeg.a508f7d3c6841a9b5f0b5cf43b7c9a2e.jpeg

IMG_3237.thumb.jpeg.662ac06707080b5e3b24683c39e3d455.jpeg

You are awesome.  I just can't do mulch every year.  This is an off year yippee.  It will be beautiful when you are done, I love the look of mulch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1