Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

On this Memorial Day weekend. I cannot but pay deepest respect and homage to those who defended and protected all in arms way.  It does not matter when it occurred but it does matter that they cared. 

Bringing it closer to home. I just returned from placing wreaths on the family graves.  Especially paying tribute to my father.  I got a little teary eyed. 

I came across this memorial in Indiana on my car tour in 2019. It was at a local church in a small town. I stopped and read the memorial, paid my respects and took a few photos.

It doesn’t matter the country served, honour is always given. 

039713D5-681E-4B1F-9E90-6CF07431E0CE.thumb.jpeg.7f97908601062a1724c8fa97cd3e2f88.jpeg

382FFDA9-D62C-48DC-84ED-9644748A63D4.thumb.jpeg.cc850ad5120c31d9b689046d97ea7293.jpeg

D8342218-D915-4C5B-BF8D-4ADB17ACCAA4.thumb.jpeg.a9fb1f0ea66fb4d0645aad6d7f032e70.jpeg

D08DB42B-4FC6-4E75-A085-9C973E25683C.thumb.jpeg.68803ba50aeaaa24b5b9f73f60b36704.jpeg

• Like 15

Another day, another negative, but I still feel crappy. 

77F40E63-1732-4475-92A7-E9DF39BA9172.thumb.jpeg.69d3cb987afef5ecf1ae0fd8c20990d5.jpeg

Grandson just took a test, and he was negative.  They have everyone take a test before they get together for play dates.  I guess it was good that we picked up 10 tests at the festival yesterday.  They were giving them away. 

Hope we are all healthy for our flight back in 13 days. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Gas prices were jumping.  This was the price when I went to Home Depot

864CB62B-1E76-40D5-929E-9881FE35C781.thumb.jpeg.9784d9921915eef0d0308709d29d4a13.jpeg

And all grades were up 10 cents later in the day. 

2B3134F3-DBB1-457F-ADA9-2AF98A6CF5CF.thumb.jpeg.adb820a1877cb2148a805351fd347fc0.jpeg

So now, for my not feeling great part. I started with a low temperature and a cough.  It is too late for post cruise symptoms, and I suspect I picked up a bug at grandparents day at the school last Tuesday.  I think that, because granddaughter back in PA came down with the same symptoms last night. 

So far, the tests show this, but I will probably take another later today.  

2A1D3A31-30BA-4ACE-A649-AF1D4F4FE037.thumb.jpeg.23e16d439e7eb387c569956cf06bbdc3.jpeg

Meanwhile, I am avoiding everyone else. 

Good Lord, when will this insanity with the gas prices stop??  It's getting pretty scary.

I sure hope your symptoms will be mild, Mark!  You're doing the right thing by avoiding every one else.  

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Down the street. It is about a 10 minute walk

You are one lucky fellow!!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is Block Island sound on a picture perfect day.

20220529_112543.thumb.jpg.3d2390dc0c44931dccd5a9afdbcc2378.jpg

Beautiful!  Besides looking at pictures of beaches all day, another love of mine are rocks!  LOL!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Another one bites the dust….

2F5510A0-6ED1-498E-8907-EB2A3BF95D64.thumb.jpeg.9c7637bec7cce08fcd070df249a67135.jpeg

I am still showing positive and DH has now joined me. 🙁. Mine is fading though. 

Oh, boy..☹️

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It was inevitable he was going to get it between all the cases on the ship, me sick, and coming home to our son sick.  Who knows who it actually made him sick.  So far, he is just runny nose.

I am just trying to understand whether or not I need to start counting from day 0 again before I can see my Mom.  I still have symptoms so hadn't planned on going anytime soon, but I just want to get a better idea.  

How is your Mom doing?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is only one street in my town that goes north and south .Very little traffic most of the year but in the summer it tends to get very congested with the tourists and people from other towns taking the street to the beautiful beach in the area.

We avoid Rte. 9 here in Forked River at all costs during the Summer weekends.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, boy..☹️

How is your Mom doing?

She is hanging in there.  One of my brothers, his wife and their daughter flew in and visited my Mom from Tuesday until Friday while I was on the cruise.  They took really good care of her and got her out for lunch a few times too.  My sister, who lives near me, has actually been going to see my Mom every other day since they left.  She has finally stepped up.  She will take my Mom to the doctors this week for a followup and will cover until I can go see my Mom.  The neurosurgery referral finally came through but that is not for a couple of weeks, so I am hoping I will be able to go to that.  My Mom does not want me near her at all until I test negative, but not sure that is going to work if I am one of the people who test positive for a long time.  Time will tell....

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Our grandson Ryan turned 13 years old today.  Ryan is our mathematician, and a very bright young fellow.  He just got a letter from school stating that he made the STEM program for the 8th grade next year.  STEM=Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.  Stem students take their College SAT's in the 8th grade.  Ava had also been in the STEM program 4 years ago.  Right now, Ryan has been talking about going to the Air Force Academy after High School.  So, our very sociable Ryan is having a get-together with his friends today for his Birthday.   Boy, was I surprised to see several girls at his party today! 😁  

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We just debarked Equinox this morning.  For the first time I was able to read Cruise Critic, but could not see any pictures and could not login…tried every day…no go.  6F474AE1-6C6A-411E-B838-BA18E65C3776.thumb.jpeg.695a39cd52d1f4697abb73b2545754da.jpeg

How did you like the Equinox?  We've sailed on her twice..love her!

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

She is hanging in there.  One of my brothers, his wife and their daughter flew in and visited my Mom from Tuesday until Friday while I was on the cruise.  They took really good care of her and got her out for lunch a few times too.  My sister, who lives near me, has actually been going to see my Mom every other day since they left.  She has finally stepped up.  She will take my Mom to the doctors this week for a followup and will cover until I can go see my Mom.  The neurosurgery referral finally came through but that is not for a couple of weeks, so I am hoping I will be able to go to that.  My Mom does not want me near her at all until I test negative, but not sure that is going to work if I am one of the people who test positive for a long time.  Time will tell....

Hopefully you won't be one who tests positive for a long time🤞.  I get that she doesn't want you near her until you're negative,  with her fearing that she will come down with the virus, but also understand that she pretty much depends on you for everything.   Thankfully your sister stepped up at this time! Thank goodness your siblings took over while you and your DH got to finally get away.  May you and your DH recover quickly!❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, I had been enjoying my time in California until last night.  Felt great all day, and we logged over 21,000 steps.  I spent the morning doing some home repairs for my son, while he is in Europe on business.  

Gas prices were jumping.  This was the price when I went to Home Depot

864CB62B-1E76-40D5-929E-9881FE35C781.thumb.jpeg.9784d9921915eef0d0308709d29d4a13.jpeg

And all grades were up 10 cents later in the day. 

2B3134F3-DBB1-457F-ADA9-2AF98A6CF5CF.thumb.jpeg.adb820a1877cb2148a805351fd347fc0.jpeg

We walked over to a fire prevention festival, which was pretty small.  They did have a few booths, and explanations on how they use goats for vegetation control, along with some goats for kids to see. 

D868B3AA-1FE0-4A3D-8854-AB16193483CC.thumb.jpeg.d555c47b2c98cdea913373789afb43c6.jpeg

So now, for my not feeling great part. I started with a low temperature and a cough.  It is too late for post cruise symptoms, and I suspect I picked up a bug at grandparents day at the school last Tuesday.  I think that, because granddaughter back in PA came down with the same symptoms last night. 

So far, the tests show this, but I will probably take another later today.  

2A1D3A31-30BA-4ACE-A649-AF1D4F4FE037.thumb.jpeg.23e16d439e7eb387c569956cf06bbdc3.jpeg

Meanwhile, I am avoiding everyone else. 

Hopefully it is just the reaction from seeing California gas prices. 

Feel better soon!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hopefully you won't be one who tests positive for a long time🤞.  I get that she doesn't want you near her until you're negative,  with her fearing that she will come down with the virus, but also understand that she pretty much depends on you for everything.   Thankfully your sister stepped up at this time! Thank goodness your siblings took over while you and your DH got to finally get away.  May you and your DH recover quickly!❤️

Thank you so much.  We did have a wonderful time in Alaska up until I got sick.  

Happy Birthday to Ryan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hopefully it is just the reaction from seeing California gas prices. 

Feel better soon!

My son left me his Tesla Model X to drive, so no gas for that one.  We are close enough to most places to walk, but have to drive it to get grandson to and from school.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How did you like the Equinox?  We've sailed on her twice..love her!

She’s the ship we’ve sailed the most as she year round sails the Caribbean.  I’ve always loved her…and all the S Class ships.  As you know, she got a truncated “revolution” due to the Freeport accident prior to covid.  But our regular balcony cabin looked fine and the bed was very comfortable!  Sure some signs of wear and tear but she’s a lovely lady.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Ryan turned 13 years old today.  Ryan is our mathematician, and a very bright young fellow.  He just got a letter from school stating that he made the STEM program for the 8th grade next year.  STEM=Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.  Stem students take their College SAT's in the 8th grade.  Ava had also been in the STEM program 4 years ago.  Right now, Ryan has been talking about going to the Air Force Academy after High School.  So, our very sociable Ryan is having a get-together with his friends today for his Birthday.   Boy, was I surprised to see several girls at his party today! 😁  

Happy Birthday Ryan🎂🌠

Congratulations on his academic acknowledgment and being enrolled in STEM.   

Just don't let the girls distract him😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The little one sent a message to her dad last night.  She believes he will see it.  Otherwise, they are doing okay considering.  Naturally they have their sad times.  Thanks for asking.

I'm sure her Dad received the message and is watching over them🥰

• Like 6

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I'm finally flying up to NY June 10th to see the family.  They have told me to stop testing myself and we are going with the ignorance is bliss theory.  Anyway I surely would not still be contagious then

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm finally flying up to NY June 10th to see the family.  They have told me to stop testing myself and we are going with the ignorance is bliss theory.  Anyway I surely would not still be contagious then

That is great you are coming north!  You definitely shouldn't be contagious by then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Busy day here today.  Laundry, some weeding by the pool, pool cleaning, and Owen had ball practice. We also got a couple more summer cars out and cooked T-Bone steaks for dinner. They were around 15oz. No late nights for us today. 

Someone was watching all day long. 

0178CD01-E408-4D3D-8E0D-3858F144BFAC.thumb.jpeg.193bdefa39fe5e2c328327d00ebdd855.jpeg

Doing nothing is exhausting.  This was seconds before she put her head down. 

8AB05B83-8630-4F52-A1AF-F5B4610F3C07.thumb.jpeg.4dc2b41e33882447d0ebbafab4a882ac.jpeg

• Like 19