Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg,when you were in college did you ever know a guy with the last name Roos.He is likely the same age as you.He lived in Kansas.I cannot recall the city,He moved to NYC after graduation .

Im sorry I do not know anyone with that last name. Heck sometimes I can’t remember my friends names. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, ATG said:

When my sons were young, I was den mother for the Cub Scouts.  We did lots of science activities since I don’t do camping.  One of my favorites was to make a hovercraft.  You take an old record album and glue a thread spool so that the holes line up.  Then blow up a balloon and fit it over the spool.  As the air escapes the balloon it floats the record.  On a smooth surface like our garage floor it goes very well.  The boys loved it.

I was a Beaver (young cubs) leader. My name was Badger. The boys use to call out my 'name' across the playground when I was picking up my kids 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Super way behind after just a couple of days so hope all is well with everyone.  I am back with Annabel and things will be busy around here for a bit.  LOL  She was described as "spunky" and that she is.

1537703642_Annabel1.thumb.jpeg.b1a5808c96168849cda70db7a258d188.jpeg

Oh she's so pretty. Are the 2 getting along?

2 hours ago, ATG said:

We love carbonara.  I sauté some mushrooms for my husband to add to it. I usually use bacon but love it with pancetta.  It’s easy, quick and delicious. Of course, there is the cholesterol issue……

This is Slimming World low fat recipe for Carbonara. I would probably add some garlic and maybe low fat creme fraiche

Screenshot_20220607-194615.thumb.jpg.ebc3585b3daa98c0edbd6034039eedcc.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Was at the hand surgeon’s today. Key word being surgeon.  Referred by my GP after two cortisone injections didn’t do what they were supposed to do. After examining my hand, he said ok, we’ll book you in for surgery in two weeks time. 
I said, oh I am having surgery?  I think he did an eye roll and then said what did you think was going to happen? I said I know you are a surgeon so surgery is obvious but I thought there may be other options first. Only other option is a third cortisone and he didn’t recommend so off to my third day surgery in 8 weeks to have a dequervains release procedure.  Pretty straightforward by the sounds of it so not worried.

Envious of everyone’s delicious cocktails.  It’s mulled wine & hot choc weather here 🧤🧣

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your hand, but two weeks isn't long to wait and hopefully this will sort out the problem 

• Like 1

Was at the hand surgeon’s today. Key word being surgeon.  Referred by my GP after two cortisone injections didn’t do what they were supposed to do. After examining my hand, he said ok, we’ll book you in for surgery in two weeks time. 
I said, oh I am having surgery?  I think he did an eye roll and then said what did you think was going to happen? I said I know you are a surgeon so surgery is obvious but I thought there may be other options first. Only other option is a third cortisone and he didn’t recommend so off to my third day surgery in 8 weeks to have a dequervains release procedure.  Pretty straightforward by the sounds of it so not worried.

Envious of everyone’s delicious cocktails.  It’s mulled wine & hot choc weather here 🧤🧣

Best wishes for quick recovery.

• Thanks 1

So today, I was getting back to walking more and competing in Fitbit challenges again.  My regular group missed me as I rested with the virus. 

Not my normal lake, but I walked to a small one. Found some baby ducks there. 

D870CB83-2ABC-4CDB-B276-7D7DE8559BE5.thumb.jpeg.5dda743b6a59d8c88e1595b0d6729e7f.jpeg

These were still part of the family

4788FB7D-B562-425F-BEA0-A6C28A76FBAC.thumb.jpeg.be1ec8b190c053b4e0e0396160cc0e52.jpeg

And one staying close to mama

6155695F-1B75-4B5B-B540-DCF3BCE62437.thumb.jpeg.1626d189dcf57bd173c4dff4e442963a.jpeg

Saw a few turtles, but this is the only one I got a photo of

07451CB0-B32E-4362-98B0-FA131EE20DC4.thumb.jpeg.e8b1bb2f3dcbd43e30c8375d480d99c1.jpeg

Time to start prepping some baby back ribs for supper. 

• Like 24

Lenny- Is the German restaurant you are thinking about ,Luchow’s?

As I recall, it had a downtown location in the City. During the Christmas holidays, they had a huge,decorated tree in the center of the dining room that was lit up every evening.

I also want to say that I am very pleased for you that the new walker is giving you such good mobility. It must be a pleasure for you to get out in your neighborhood and be able to chat with people you haven’t seen in a long time. I hope you continue your walks for quite awhile.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So today, I was getting back to walking more and competing in Fitbit challenges again.  My regular group missed me as I rested with the virus. 

Not my normal lake, but I walked to a small one. Found some baby ducks there. 

D870CB83-2ABC-4CDB-B276-7D7DE8559BE5.thumb.jpeg.5dda743b6a59d8c88e1595b0d6729e7f.jpeg

These were still part of the family

4788FB7D-B562-425F-BEA0-A6C28A76FBAC.thumb.jpeg.be1ec8b190c053b4e0e0396160cc0e52.jpeg

And one staying close to mama

6155695F-1B75-4B5B-B540-DCF3BCE62437.thumb.jpeg.1626d189dcf57bd173c4dff4e442963a.jpeg

Saw a few turtles, but this is the only one I got a photo of

07451CB0-B32E-4362-98B0-FA131EE20DC4.thumb.jpeg.e8b1bb2f3dcbd43e30c8375d480d99c1.jpeg

Time to start prepping some baby back ribs for supper. 

No duck a l’orange 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got a call from my daughter-in-law.  My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.  His leg is infected, he thinks from his excema.  Our family is really tired of one thing after another.

Sorry to hear this.I hope the antibiotics work and he gets relief fast.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

This is a very long recovery to where I can go back to life as it was before I fell.

I am optimistic and know things will work out successfully.   Visits from family and friends continue to work their feel good magic.

Nurse woke me up at 3am for meds.  My fault since I should have remembered I didn't get my nighttime meds before I went to sleep....sigh.

Great attitude. I hope you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

Super way behind after just a couple of days so hope all is well with everyone.  I am back with Annabel and things will be busy around here for a bit.  LOL  She was described as "spunky" and that she is.

They don't make them any cuter than this!  Annabel looks like a lot of fun.

• Like 6

My daughter and I went to the Imperial War Museum a couple of years ago.  She was keen because several friends had told her how good it was.  We were surprised how much we both enjoyed it. Very interesting and informative.

Enjoy your me time.   Hope you get a bit of pampering in.

Jim and I had tickets to the Imperial War Museum, but never got there once our Transatlantic was canceled.

We have a cabinet full of all of our vinyl albums.  Most of them were Jim's..

I wish you well with your hand surgery.

Annabell is as beautiful as her name!

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here are my sea turtles from Antigua.   

And photo of my outdoor clock as I always loose track of time when I'm out back.

20220607_074411.thumb.jpg.3608df0996d6864338d8b5178fdbcb98.jpg20220607_074438.thumb.jpg.6ee7b567239c4f109d294c6766f008b8.jpg

I love the turtles, Debbie!  Love the clock, also.  Great theme going on here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oh my gosh, those ears!  She’s adorable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bragging time for me. My soon to be 18 year old granddaughter just texted to tell me that she was named the MVP of her high school Basketball team.

What an honor for her, you have ever right to be bragging. Also glad to read about your walking progress.  

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hope the surgery goes well. 

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here are my sea turtles from Antigua.   

And photo of my outdoor clock as I always loose track of time when I'm out back.

20220607_074411.thumb.jpg.3608df0996d6864338d8b5178fdbcb98.jpg20220607_074438.thumb.jpg.6ee7b567239c4f109d294c6766f008b8.jpg

Love those sea turtles Debbie, they’d look good hanging on our pool shed. I guess I’ll just have to go to Antigua 😉!

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got a call from my daughter-in-law.  My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.  His leg is infected, he thinks from his excema.  Our family is really tired of one thing after another.

So sorry Marietta. Wishing him a speedy recovery for everyone’s sake. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am so sorry to hear this, Marietta.  Thankfully he is getting the IV antibiotics, which I imagine will work quicker at clearing his infection than oral antibiotics.  Hopefully he will be home tomorrow.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had an interesting cocktail at the post funeral lunch yesterday.  The Sidecar was served in honor of the deceased since it was her favorite. I looked it up and it’s made with Cognac, Grand Marnier or Cointreau, and lemon juice.  Some versions substitute bourbon for the cognac which is how I think the ones yesterday were made.  
Also, the Turtle Krawl is a drink we enjoy whenever we stay at Old Key West in Disney. I’m thinking of making them for Father’s Day and found this copycat recipe.  Would Kracken be a good substitute for one if these rums?

3257D9EF-5AAD-4175-A6FB-5E3BEDEBBE09.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I had tickets to the Imperial War Museum, but never got there once our Transatlantic was canceled.

We have a cabinet full of all of our vinyl albums.  Most of them were Jim's..

I wish you well with your hand surgery.

Annabell is as beautiful as her name!

I love the turtles, Debbie!  Love the clock, also.  Great theme going on here!

I have been wanting to go to the World War Two museum in New Orleans we had dinner with the founders widow many years ago. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Do you have Dupuytren’s Contracture?

Where the Dupuytren’s cord is prominent in your palm, and eventually grows to the point of pulling your little finger and ring finger toward your palm?

I had surgery for it on my left hand and am getting closer to needing it on my right. 

Sorry you have this.  No my issue stems from the tendons in my wrist.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The Sidecar was served in honor of the deceased since it was her favorite. I looked it up and it’s made with Cognac, Grand Marnier or Cointreau, and lemon juice.  

Would Kracken be a good substitute for one if these rums?

The Sidecar is very good. I'm a big fan. I would substitute the Kraken for only the Mayer's Dark Rum. The other rums are lighter but I do not know the difference between Bacardi and Castillo. The Malibu Rum is not technically a rum but rum based spirit with coconut flavoring.

• Like 2

We had some interior painting done a couple of months ago…and the job was done so well we’ve hired him to paint the exterior.  Today they removed all the shutters prior to pressure washing.  This will take four weeks or so from start to finish…but the end result should be great!8EE29D02-D796-42A9-B712-FB034687F074.jpeg.aab6a491f7e42aec7590b59a27a1ab29.jpeg

And pictures of the girls when they weren’t staring at the workers through the windows…

201D889E-5886-426B-B4F7-C58DC4CDF9F9.jpeg

BAB44B0D-6B71-4301-B89F-4FC9F48B0976.jpeg

• Like 23