Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I see what you eat. And there is a lot of non-chicken. See, I'm watching.😉

At home I eat a lot of fresh cooked chicken.

I used to eat lots and lots of ham and steak at home.

I do like thin Romana pizza's and Calzone when we eat out.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice, but septic has other issues and expenses 😱

Not too bad.  Since there are two of us and two tanks we will not have to have it pumped often.  We had it done last year because we were not sure when it was last done.  Surprised to learn we have one tank for gray water and the tank for other!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

At home I eat a lot of fresh cooked chicken.

I used to eat lots and lots of ham and steak at home.

I do like thin Romana pizza's and Calzone when we eat out.

When do you eat at home?🤔😉😄😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

Report from our home, about our home. The house currently cold enough right now that I’m having a hot chocolate. 😀

• 2 washers and dryer sets. One on main level and one in our walking closet upstairs. 
  • hot water tank with a timer and blanket, in the basement. 
  • water comes from a drilled well, 300’+ deep. No other option. 
  • tertiary septic system. No sewer out here. 
  • AC for the house is outside, foundation wall mounted. 
  • one AC unit for each bay in the garage. 
  • no flowrider yet. 
  • only natural rabbits. 

That is all. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Had to rethink packing. Guess I'm bringing the real camera now. It has it's own backpack 

I would like seeing pictures of the ship. I haven't been aboard in a few years and would be interested to see if anything changed.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Multiple water heaters can be a function of how many bedrooms/baths. Large tubs can also come into the equation 

Spent 25+ years in the homebuilding industry.

Second wayer heaters were rare.  Multiple AC units wete far more common. Almost std in Atlanta 

We have 2 water heaters.  One for each wing.  LOL  We keep the one turned way down until we have guests.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would like seeing pictures of the ship. I haven't been aboard in a few years and would be interested to see if anything changed.

I'll try. The theme this trip is food, insane amounts of food

I haven't sailed her since Obama got inaugurated.

The first time 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We have bunnies that we occasionally see in our back and front yard.😊  In Naples, we enjoy watching two bunnies playing behind our building almost daily.😉

Prior to us getting a fence in our backyard we used to have bunnies visit on a regular basis.    I think they used to nest under our shed.     I miss seeing them in my backyard but also glad they are not nibbling on my garden.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t think a tankless heater can use a vent used by another appliance.  That is why they usually direct vent them in retrofit jobs.

caveat.  I think. 

JC

I think you are correct JC.  Tankless heater exhaust gases are acidic and will quickly rust the existing tank vent galvanized pipe.  Tankless vents need to be a different material.  Unless you want to run a new pipe up through the house through a roof penetration, you're better off exhausting horizontally.  That will involve making a penetration through the foundation.  The other option is to get an outdoor tankless heater and extended the water pipes through the foundation.  Not sure what limitations exist in mounting outside in a cold environment.  Wherever you install the tankless unit, you need to run gas piping as well.  All of that combined with the large extra price tag had me just retrofitting on Ohio with a bigger tank.  It would have taken several years to recover the added tankless installed cost in energy savings.

I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Prior to us getting a fence in our backyard we use to have bunnies visit on a regular basis.    I think they used to nest under our shed.     I miss seeing them in my backyard but also glad they are not nibbling on my garden.

Bunnies are not at all welcome in our yard.  It's amazing how quickly they will mow down flowers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

today's cocktail is watermelon daquiri's.    

Gorgeous weather, spent about 3.5 hours on the beach.   

Ocean temp is only 68 f - too cold for me but did see a bunch of kids and young adults in the water.   

I have not yet tried the frozen kraken beverage but do have the ginger syrup.     Maybe tomorrow.    But first I have to find the recipe that SeaDog posted.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Prior to us getting a fence in our backyard we use to have bunnies visit on a regular basis.    I think they used to nest under our shed.     I miss seeing them in my backyard but also glad they are not nibbling on my garden.

The bunnies were nesting in our front lawn prior to our coming back to NJ.. Our daughter went to mow the lawn, when 4 baby bunnies scooted out, one of them hopping onto our driveway.  It took Judy, Ryan, and our neighbor to get them back into their nest.  That was the end of her mowing that area.  A couple of weeks ago while I was mowing in the back, a bunny scooted past me.  I've seen it scoot into an area near the corner of our pool where we have sea grass and tiger lillies.

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bunnies are not at all welcome in our yard.  It's amazing how quickly they will mow down flowers.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I haven't come across any damage to the flowers yet🤔

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

The bunnies were nesting in our front lawn prior to our coming back to NJ.. Our daughter went to mow the lawn, when 4 baby bunnies scooted out, one of them hopping onto our driveway.  It took Judy, Ryan, and our neighbor to get them back into their nest.  That was the end of her mowing that area.  A couple of weeks ago while I was mowing in the back, a bunny scooted past me.  I've seen it scoot into an area near the corner of our pool where we have sea grass and tiger lillies.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I haven't come across any damage to the flowers yet🤔

Ahh, that's cute and thank god the mowing didn't end in horror.    

In past years my cat Splashes caught a baby bunny and brought to me.   I immediately told her to drop (it's cry sounded like a human baby) and it hopped back under our shed.    It was a game for her this happened a couple times.   She never hurt them just carried them around like a baby kitty by the back of their neck.    

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

today's cocktail is watermelon daquiri's.    

Gorgeous weather, spent about 3.5 hours on the beach.   

Ocean temp is only 68 f - too cold for me but did see a bunch of kids and young adults in the water.   

I have not yet tried the frozen kraken beverage but do have the ginger syrup.     Maybe tomorrow.    But first I have to find the recipe that SeaDog posted.  

Here is what Greg posted (I immediately saved it 😉).  No amounts listed.  I tried 1 oz ginger syrup, 1 oz lime juice, 2 oz rum, 2 cups ice in a blender but it was too much liquid and/or not enough ice.  I might try freezing the ginger syrup in an ice tray to help it freeze better.

1150970749_FrozenDarkandStormy.thumb.jpeg.1a45764129931cb706ac48ba572035ee.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Prior to us getting a fence in our backyard we used to have bunnies visit on a regular basis.    I think they used to nest under our shed.     I miss seeing them in my backyard but also glad they are not nibbling on my garden.

Two years ago we found bunny babies in an empty planter that just had soil. SO CUTE and really tiny. I was afraid something would eat them. But Mama kept guard. When they were a bit stonger they would leave for a bit and come back to sleep. Then one day they left with Mama and never returned.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll try. The theme this trip is food, insane amounts of food

I haven't sailed her since Obama got inaugurated.

The first time 

I just check my past cruises. Last time aboard was 2015.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Here is what Greg posted (I immediately saved it 😉).  No amounts listed.  I tried 1 oz ginger syrup, 1 oz lime juice, 2 oz rum, 2 cups ice in a blender but it was too much liquid and/or not enough ice.  I might try freezing the ginger syrup in an ice tray to help it freeze better.

1150970749_FrozenDarkandStormy.thumb.jpeg.1a45764129931cb706ac48ba572035ee.jpeg

Thank you!    I just saved this.    I will be happy to experiment and let you know how we do😄

Edited by Sunshine3601

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh, that's cute and thank god the mowing didn't end in horror.    

In past years my cat Splashes caught a baby bunny and brought to me.   I immediately told her to drop (it's cry sounded like a human baby) and it hopped back under our shed.    It was a game for her this happened a couple times.   She never hurt them just carried them around like a baby kitty by the back of their neck.    

Splashes must have been practicing to be a parent..lol!!   It must have been strange to hear the bunny sound like a baby's cry!