Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

And true colors. My underwater camera made everything look yellowish. 
I just realized…that one spot that looked like a splash, is that when it bit you?

Yes, there are water drops on the bite marks. It was worse than it looks. If I had seen the pictures before a day later I would have wiped the water away and taken another one. One girl got bit on her shoulder blade and it was worse.

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I've been enjoying your wonderful pictures, as always, aussie.  You certainly have an eye for taking awesome pictures.  Thank you for sharing😉

I watched it on your YT video.  Beautiful water!!!  What an aggressive fish...oh my!

Thanks. We came across some other Picasso trigger fish and some were just as bad and others weren't. We're think maybe they had eggs they were trying to protect. 

• Like 2

Beautiful day here today. We got some pumpkins, I worked outside putting away my moms patio furniture and garden hose etc….  I also trimmed some branches in perpetration of snow blowing with the big tractor at her place this winter. 

The next week will be amazing here so I will be doing a lot of small jobs done that I didn’t get to this summer.  

We did BBQ for dinner. Lucy was watching everything.

C13E852F-0B5C-4061-A43D-2B68F423774C.thumb.jpeg.532f7a12a6f0741f7d85a7bb80687287.jpeg

Dinner was 12oz ribeyes, cooked medium rare. 

5DB269BB-1AFF-45D0-963A-0119DAFBF27A.thumb.jpeg.66f93ce4f2688ac456155977fff186b8.jpeg

• Like 19

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When I had it (after having 3 shots), it was no worse than a cold.  And after my Sister-in-law got it a couple weeks after getting the latest, and greatest, shot, it has me questioning the value.

How is your SIL feeling?  Hopefully her breathing is much better?

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When I asked Susan where she wanted to go for supper, her answer was, “I want to go to the movie and eat popcorn and drink pop”.  Not exactly the healthiest choice!

We ended our day the same way we started.  A soak in the hot tub to sooth our sore muscles.  

Sometimes, we just have to have junk to eat and drink! 

Great way to end your day.  Well deserved!!!!!

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That day in Civitavecchia was beautiful.  It was perfect weather. 

There she is the next morning.  I can see our stateroom.

6A1645F9-FA80-4FE2-9FC1-9D61AAA387BE.thumb.jpeg.86fc2c8caac6d14f3833003ce0f905fa.jpeg

😢

• Like 4

I know I'm getting ahead of myself since I haven't posted more on my thread, but there are so many pictures I'm still trying to weed thru them. This was this morning before 7:00. We know who took this. It has been very windy and cold. 50's - 60's. 😁  That's one way to eliminate the chair hogs. Mike said right before he took this video the water on one side splashed a lot higher. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Doing well, thanks.  We have our granddaughters today and overnight tonight. I just put them down for afternoon naps, ie: rest time for Nana & Papa 🙃!

How old are your granddaughters now, Deb?

Thank you for asking about Jim.  He's doing well.  Stubborn that he is, he insisted on working on the koi pond today, as much as I asked him to please not do it!  He was feeling a little discomfort today, where the surgery had been done . (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the koi pond🤔)

How is Andy doing with his hand these days??

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm so glad that I had the foresight to give preference to all the long haul flights when our son was a flight attendant. We took the opportunity of very reduced prices to fly Business Class to Sydney, LA, NY, HK and Singapore, and also to a land tour of Beijing/The Great Wall....

I've always quipped that the only way for me to reach Sydney will be either sedated or Business Class.... not knowing then that the "kid" will fulfill my wish....

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen and @Luckynana Maryann,

We're also on the fence, after 2 Vax and 2 Boosters, with me getting Covid, albeit mild symptoms but with a very long lingering fatigue...

We're now invited to get the 3rd Booster [aka 5th shot], which is supposed to guard against "Omicron & Sons"😉. In speaking with friends, vaxed and boosted like us, nobody took the 3rd.... Yet.

Lessening the symptoms vs. an unknown booster.

Totally agree with you about lessening symptoms vs. an unknown booster.

How awesome that you and DH did so much travelling with the added bonus of his working for an airline!!

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beautiful day here today. We got some pumpkins, I worked outside putting away my moms patio furniture and garden hose etc….  I also trimmed some branches in perpetration of snow blowing with the big tractor at her place this winter. 

How is your Mom doing, Andrew?

How was her Condo in Sarasota?

• Thanks 1

Today, our oldest granddaughter was inducted into the International Nursing Honor Society.  We are so very proud of her awesome achievement!  She will be graduating College this coming Spring.  This amazing young woman was the baby who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop almost 21 years ago!💕

Also, this evening, two of our grandchildren are attending their Homecoming Dances.  Jack, a  Sophomore this year, and Ava, a Senior, at her HS in Tom's River.

Man, they're all growing up too quickly!  We will be celebrating 4 Graduations this Spring.  

1 College

2 High School

1 Eighth Grade.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How is your SIL feeling?  Hopefully her breathing is much better?

Sometimes, we just have to have junk to eat and drink! 

Great way to end your day.  Well deserved!!!!!

😢

SIL is breathing better, and sounds better, but is still testing positive.  Probably a few more days before she tests negative.  When I had it, it was about 8 or 9 days before I got that negative.

Now my son-in-law is sick with something.  He tests negative, but my daughter doesn’t need to catch anything right now.  

Thanks for asking

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm so glad that I had the foresight to give preference to all the long haul flights when our son was a flight attendant. We took the opportunity of very reduced prices to fly Business Class to Sydney, LA, NY, HK and Singapore, and also to a land tour of Beijing/The Great Wall....

I've always quipped that the only way for me to reach Sydney will be either sedated or Business Class.... not knowing then that the "kid" will fulfill my wish....

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen and @Luckynana Maryann,

We're also on the fence, after 2 Vax and 2 Boosters, with me getting Covid, albeit mild symptoms but with a very long lingering fatigue...

We're now invited to get the 3rd Booster [aka 5th shot], which is supposed to guard against "Omicron & Sons"😉. In speaking with friends, vaxed and boosted like us, nobody took the 3rd.... Yet.

Lessening the symptoms vs. an unknown booster.

I got my bivalent booster 3 weeks ago.  That was my 2nd booster and my 4th shot.  Last Saturday I tested positive for Covid, for the 1st time.  I had a pretty bad head cold and felt awful for a few days, but am very thankful that overall I was ok.  I believe that the vaccines are doing what they are designed to do, and that is keep people from a severe outcome.  No regrets getting the bivalent, and now having just recovered from Covid, I am ready to go on my Explorer B2B coming up in 2 weeks!

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

SIL is breathing better, and sounds better, but is still testing positive.  Probably a few more days before she tests negative.  When I had it, it was about 8 or 9 days before I got that negative.

Now my son-in-law is sick with something.  He tests negative, but my daughter doesn’t need to catch anything right now.  

Thanks for asking

🙏🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today, our oldest granddaughter was inducted into the International Nursing Honor Society.  We are so very proud of her awesome achievement!  She will be graduating College this coming Spring.  This amazing young woman was the baby who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop almost 21 years ago!💕

Also, this evening, two of our grandchildren are attending their Homecoming Dances.  Jack, a  Sophomore this year, and Ava, a Senior, at her HS in Tom's River.

Man, they're all growing up too quickly!  We will be celebrating 4 Graduations this Spring.  

1 College

2 High School

1 Eighth Grade.

Congratulations to your eldest granddaughter.  Quite an achievement.  Lovely to read of Jack & Ava’s homecoming  dances. Hope they both have a wonderful time.  I felt so sad for the kids who missed out on this during the Pandemic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

1 College

2 High School

1 Eighth Grade.

Maryann, what a wonderful achievement for your grranddaughter..  I'm sure Jack and Ava will look smashing in their Homecoming duds.  These are the times that they will always remember. May you and Jim continue to celebrate wonderful occasions with your family.

2 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I got my bivalent booster 3 weeks ago.  That was my 2nd booster and my 4th shot.  Last Saturday I tested positive for Covid, for the 1st time.  I had a pretty bad head cold and felt awful for a few days, but am very thankful that overall I was ok.  I believe that the vaccines are doing what they are designed to do, and that is keep people from a severe outcome.  No regrets getting the bivalent, and now having just reI covered from Covid, I am ready to go on my Explorer B2B coming up in 2 weeks!

Robyn, it's a treat seeing you post in here.   I'm glad you've recovered from covid and only had head cold symptoms.  Have a fantastic B2B cruise on Explorer.  Any chance of a Live report?  I know it's time consuming, but you do it so good!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

1 College

2 High School

1 Eighth Grade.

Congratulations to your eldest granddaughter on her awesome achievement.

It must make you all so proud of her.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When I had it (after having 3 shots), it was no worse than a cold.  And after my Sister-in-law got it a couple weeks after getting the latest, and greatest, shot, it has me questioning the value.

When I got it in February after three jabs I hardly had any symptoms, bit of a sore throat. That was in the days when you had to self isolate for 10 days which was frustrating. 

I believe the extra immunity from having had Omicron helped us not get it during our two spring cruises.

In fact haven't had it since. Would be interested to know how many people who are jabbed get the SAME variant within say six months . 

We got called by our GP for the duel flu and covid jab a few weeks ago and decided to go ahead with the forth jab .

The only people I know who are still taking precautions are those with serious illness like terminal cancer or the very elderly.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Pretty predictable for a rom-com, with a couple of aging actors.  It isn’t a movie I would pick, but Susan said she liked it. 

I think it had a 56% on rotten tomatoes. 

I quite enjoyed it. Beautiful scenery but not an amazing film

As you say, very predictable.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home after our short cruise to Amsterdam on P&O Ventura to celebrate Pauline's mam's 4th memory on her favourite ship.

It is my birthday on the 27th so another reason to celebrate as well.

IMG_20221019_151227.jpg

IMG_20221020_175621.jpg

IMG_20221020_131311.jpg

IMG_20221020_112954.jpg

IMG_20221020_112934.jpg

IMG_20221020_083955.jpg

Looks lovely Graham. We were looking for a short cruise this week as we're not needed for child care duties. But it's half term so think most will be very busy. Should of looked at the P@O one, it would of been nice to meet up with you and Pauline. 

Does it take you long to get down to Southampton?

We drove up to Birmingham on Friday and had bad traffic jams each way and atrocious weather. The two hour journey took 3.5 hours each way

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Congratulations to your eldest granddaughter.  Quite an achievement.  Lovely to read of Jack & Ava’s homecoming  dances. Hope they both have a wonderful time.  I felt so sad for the kids who missed out on this during the Pandemic 

@Luckynana, Maryann, + 1 💐

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Doing well, thanks.  We have our granddaughters today and overnight tonight. I just put them down for afternoon naps, ie: rest time for Nana & Papa 🙃!

Last week I put my 18month down for a nap, we got a whole half an hour before he woke up really upset and would only calm down with a long cuddle from Grandma 🥰

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself since I haven't posted more on my thread, but there are so many pictures I'm still trying to weed thru them. This was this morning before 7:00. We know who took this. It has been very windy and cold. 50's - 60's. 😁  That's one way to eliminate the chair hogs. Mike said right before he took this video the water on one side splashed a lot higher. 

Surprised they didn't empty that pool and rope it off.

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Baseball last night was great. Wouldn’t want to be a Yankees or Padres fan last night. 🫣

Yankee's game was boring since all the Yankees do is strikeout, not even competing at this point. It's like they don't even care.

• Like 1