Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for going to all of trouble for me, Mema!  I followed all of the above, and it still just gives me the same notice.  This is so frustrating!  Hopefully one day soon, it will just correct itself, like Debbie's work computer did for her.  Grrrr!!  Thank you again.🥰

Click on Chrome.

Click on 3 dots in top right corner click on history then clear history.

Screenshot_20221103_205609_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221103_205625_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221103_205805.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Graham.  Just not working for me on my phone!🤷‍♀️

Maybe turn your phone off and on to reboot.

I have a management optimiser app which clears junk.

It is a built in Google app.

Maybe that is something on your phone you could try.

Screenshot_20221103_212347_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I also can't believe it's been a year already. And as for #4 and #6 I find - speaking only for myself as I'm a procrastinator - that if I have all the time in the world to do something, it takes me all the time in the world to get it done.  I guess I thrive under pressure. 🙂

As Ben Franklin said "if you want something done, ask a busy person"    there is definitely truth in that saying.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

"Lord HBE4, First of his name, from the House of Dani Thread, Keeper of Sarcasm, etc, etc".

Oh, I would LOVE to see all of us with these types of names!!!  

Lady Brillohead, first of her name, from the House of Royal Caribbean, Originator of the Steel Wool Hairdo....

• Haha 15

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My brother-in-law has a Bosch and it's so quiet that you don't even realize it's running. More than once I've opened it in mid-cycle to put a dirty dish in there.

Our Bosch dishwasher failed about a year in to the pandemic.  Would have bought another but the wait time was too long.  Ended up with a Jenn Aire dishwasher and it's quiet too.  Has a light on the front so you know what it is doing.  Blue for wash cycle, red for drying and white when done.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My daughter has a Bosch, and I absolutely hate trying to load anything in it,  It seems like the wires on the racks never fit what I try to put in there.  It takes forever to run a complete cycle.

Give me our old Whirlpool any day.  Easy to load and quick.  That’s why I was happy I was able to fix it after our flooding incident.  I still haven’t trusted to walk away and let it run yet, but I am getting more trusting.

The Jenn Aire we have now (see above) is the same.  Not as easy to load.  I've gotten used to it, but I know what you mean about trying to load it.

The old Bosch, and this new Jenn Aire, take 3 to 3.5 hours to finish.  Seems like a long time.  Overall it's not an issue, as long as it's finished by the next morning I'm happy.

The Jenn Aire does have a 1 hour cycle, but they say it uses more water and electricity than the other cycles.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@h20skibum Ricky is a very handsome cat!  

I might have taught Ricky a new word today, when he gave me a subtle hint that I need to get back on my diet.   I was sitting at a high counter stool, eating some lunch, when he showed off some leaping skills.   And some claw skills as they sank into my stomach as he climbed the rest of the way up.  

The word was not ouch!  It might have been more than one word. 😏

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just returned from having a consultation with a doctor who does Nerve Restoration Therapy for Neuropathy.It is not covered by health insurance and there is no guarantee that it would help me.He said that if it worked I could possibly have a 30 to 40 percent relief of pain in my legs .I asked how long it would last and he had no idea.The cost is $3500 for 24 treatments.It involves sitting for 20 minutes wearing something wrapped around my foot.I told him I would think about it and he said that the price he quoted was only for today.I felt as though I was in something other than a doctors office.😀

He sounds like a snake oil salesman, not a Doctor😀

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for going to all of trouble for me, Mema!  I followed all of the above, and it still just gives me the same notice.  This is so frustrating!  Hopefully one day soon, it will just correct itself, like Debbie's work computer did for her.  Grrrr!!  Thank you again.🥰

Did you try shutting down your phone, wait at least 10 seconds then turn back on and try to login then to CC thru chrome?   I read on another thread this worked for someone else.

Disregard, I see Mema already suggested this.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

All my posts here are done on my phone and I am a one finger typist on my phone.  
Would love to know what speed my daughter types at, her fingers fly across the keyboard on her phone and laptop.

Everyone tells me I am speed typist on my desktop or laptop but I am a one finger typist on my phone too.    I am always amazed when I see the younger generation fingers fly across their phones.    

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I might have taught Ricky a new word today, when he gave me a subtle hint that I need to get back on my diet.   I was sitting at a high counter stool, eating some lunch, when he showed off some leaping skills.   And some claw skills as they sank into my stomach as he climbed the rest of the way up.  

The word was not ouch!  It might have been more than one word. 😏

kitty claws are the worst - they are like razor blades when digging into your skin.     Hopefully he learns soon not to do that.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just received this email from Royal Caribbean.

Screenshot_20221103_214533.jpg

Screenshot_20221103_214609.jpg

29 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

And it comes with the opportunity to add a little cash tip.

My first thought was they are watching to make sure people only get the proper number of allotted drinks. 

Of course it may also make it a bit more obvious there has not been a tip added.  I would get a lot of people don't tip on thise "free" drinks.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, akcruz said:

My first thought was they are watching to make sure people only get the proper number of allotted drinks. 

Of course it may also make it a bit more obvious there has not been a tip added.  I would get a lot of people don't tip on thise "free" drinks.

I will still give my usual cash tip instead of writing on the slip.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, akcruz said:

It will make more work for the servers, as someone tells them they wanted to pay for that lower price drink, and save the voucher for a more expensive one later.   Of course, everyone should be telling them upfront, if they want to use the voucher.  

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I will still give my usual cash tip instead of writing on the slip.

Me too.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

All my posts here are done on my phone and I am a one finger typist on my phone.  
Would love to know what speed my daughter types at, her fingers fly across the keyboard on her phone and laptop.

In the years that I worked which were all pre Internet I was a one finger typewriter user.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the years that I worked which were all pre Internet I was a one finger typewriter user.

My DH is a one finger typist.  Watching him type work emails is excruciating.

Back in the day, I did a typing course so at least I type properly on the work keyboard.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Why would they be doing that? You mean during the flight?  

Yep, during the daytime on a long haul flight.  Encouraging people to snooze.  I don’t sleep on planes and looking out the window helps pass the time.  There is only so many movies you can watch on a long haul flight Sydney to London.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My DH is a one finger typist.  Watching him type work emails is excruciating.

Back in the day, I did a typing course so at least I type properly on the work keyboard.

When I was 12 I took a typing test and typed faster than many kids using all their fingers.

• Like 2