Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Cocktail experiment #2 tonight is Whoville’s Spiced Up Margarita.  Made with tequila, Cointreau, Pomegranate juice, orange juice, honey, pinches of cinnamon, ginger & cayenne pepper and a sprig of rosemary. All shaken together & topped with a little ginger beer.  I give this one a 3 out of 5 stars, only because I didn’t care for the cinnamon sugar rum.  The drink itself is a 4, but the sweet rim just doesn’t go with it.  

7CFAFA2E-9C67-4CC8-9496-DF91B626568F.jpeg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Thanks to everyone that gave housing suggestions for my daughter moving to CA in a few weeks. There was nothing available in Palo Alto so she will be living in Mountain View. She sold, donated and sent to storage everything but her cat and some clothes. Her next step is her flight out of Chicago on Friday, if possible. Thanks again!

I wish her the best with her new job.   Hopefully her kitty cat will travel well.  😀

• Like 6

I am mentally drained today.    I went to local auto dealer to purchase three (3) 2022 Dodge Ram ProMasters for work.      Why do car dealers drag out the whole game of negotiating, preparing paperwork, etc. etc.    I was getting cranky towards the end of the visit.    I phoned my boss after I left the dealership and he was very happy with the final amount we paid for the vehicles.   He felt sorry for me having to sit there all afternoon and said tomorrow he is buying me lunch.   I asked him to throw in a cocktail😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds just like our forecast.   I think the rain starts tomorrow.    I just hope we don't turn into a wintry mix.   Ice is the worst!

Saturday is our Hanukah party .Most of the people coming have long drives and they might decide not to come.For us it is only 4 minutes to the house of one of our daughters but if the ground is icy we may not be able to go either.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are currently in the calm before the storm here. It was a sunny day and just above freezing. Tomorrow night it’s going to get crazy, that is if the weather people are right. 

Good thing the storm is this weekend then next week when you cruise again.

• Like 4

We are back from our family cruise on the Allure.  Everyone had a great time.  Allure is a beautiful ship although I wasn’t sure I was going to like it when I boarded.  It was so big and overwhelming to me.  There were so many people everywhere.  But by 2nd day, the crowd dispersed and we got to explore a little more and I felt much better about the ship.  Just going through all the pictures now so I’ll share some with you all, if you don’t mind.

First day.  Lunch in the Windjammer.  Oops…the cake got cut into before I could take a picture. I had to get a piece and it was good.

01C84853-B551-4C38-94FC-778995002A7A.thumb.jpeg.f150798c478ba8be186094e9713c5b5c.jpeg

These balloons are going to drop at midnight tonight.

92B7EC3B-A486-4406-B224-6ED0E7CEEA77.thumb.jpeg.a9bb83519b52c7dc68632e8f4138443b.jpeg

Royal Promenade

12EE51D8-9267-41C3-ACB1-F333BBF66A98.thumb.jpeg.c339cf230c3b81bbf5efbda1e6379c54.jpeg

A Happy Hanukkah banner hung from the Schooner Bar

AB543C71-59D0-47BB-B697-C7936AC15886.thumb.jpeg.f1999a75dbdaabf4dce361b88bf586b0.jpeg

Central Park at night

C6712745-28A3-430D-8E57-59E317B338D8.thumb.jpeg.88ae961717cabc74b345b396d05d1ca7.jpeg

4BA2C15F-3676-4E5A-9F84-838BBBE77387.thumb.jpeg.4e5f4d31851c0ccd9003245408a41e45.jpeg

17395268-30A9-4585-A588-69D7B86DEB55.thumb.jpeg.0b366a1d3856c0e10ae722b23ed68aea.jpeg

A sparkling Christmas tree in Vintages 

9EEE493B-9BB7-4C2B-9A25-AFE4E3D54857.thumb.jpeg.0d842834190ac7eac40e7c29d61c0aa5.jpeg

A gingerbread house display in the Royal Promenade

D193D6BE-345A-47A7-8189-2BDA58FC1DFF.thumb.jpeg.0c27a4610a10d7cfa2fa729d19979df2.jpeg

Pretty dresses in the Aft elevator area

35802FB1-5451-44D1-A351-BCF626B50193.thumb.jpeg.b52cd9d628d59e0ab495cf8dfaaf4282.jpeg

The crowd was there and ready for the balloon drop at midnight

3B5757D1-8EB9-4705-A141-692FE000F319.thumb.jpeg.764139419703daac9326f04a6d6f75f0.jpeg

So much fun…

AFAEAFA1-325B-4271-93F7-5491421C09A8.thumb.jpeg.fe0706866d356feeaf70aedbd69508df.jpeg

Edited by FromSea2ShiningSea
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Actual conversation my DD had with a young male co-worker CW yesterday….

CW: Help!!! I haven’t bought my GF a present and I told her I had 6 weeks ago…

After a lengthy discussion mainly one sided from DD trying to work out what she likes, it was decided jewellery was the best option 

DD: Does she like gold or silver?

DD: you have been dating for 12 months/ you don’t know or haven’t noticed??

After, searching the GFs online photos, the type of metal and jewellery was decided

DD:  You have missed the online delivery cut off, you need to go to the store

DD:  no, the store will not be filled with women.  It will be filled with men like you who are panicking…,

DD: No, I am not going across the city in my lunch break to buy your girlfriend’s present..

🙄🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good thing the storm is this weekend then next week when you cruise again.

I feel for anyone in the “North” travelling over the next 3/4 days. It’s going to be a disaster.  I have the tractor and blower ready and fuelled up. I’ll plug in the block heater tomorrow.  

We could get 20-30 inches Friday/Saturday with 65MPH winds. I hope they are wrong. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I feel for anyone in the “North” travelling over the next 3/4 days. It’s going to be a disaster.  I have the tractor and blower ready and fuelled up. I’ll plug in the block heater tomorrow.  

We could get 20-30 inches Friday/Saturday with 65MPH winds. I hope they are wrong. 

I hope they are wrong too!

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel bad for people on Anthem this week.  They are probably going to have some nasty weather at sea to get back up the coast to NJ. 

Definitely would not want to leave from New Jersey on a cruise this weekend, most of the country will be freezing this weekend, when we got married some 30 years ago we decided that we would spend Christmas in Dallas, I am sure our friends visiting new year’s weekend from Buffalo will like our 60 degree weather. Should have some interesting football games this weekend when Buffalo visits Chicago in a single digit game . 

• Like 2

We just had another earthquake! Two in a day. It was larger this time, but quick and not alarming. 3.3 and local. Felt this one. ☺️ I hope the bigger earthquake up north did not aggravate our faults nearby. These small ones seem to be moving south as the tectonic plates slide. ☺️

• Like 9

8 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Thanks to everyone that gave housing suggestions for my daughter moving to CA in a few weeks. There was nothing available in Palo Alto so she will be living in Mountain View. She sold, donated and sent to storage everything but her cat and some clothes. Her next step is her flight out of Chicago on Friday, if possible. Thanks again!

Here is Chicago's forecast, got to think chances of her getting out of Chicago on Friday aren't looking good.  Does she have a plan B on getting out?

Description

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON THURSDAY TO 6 AM CST SATURDAY... WHAT...Snow and blowing snow producing occasional white out conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches, most of the snow occurring Thursday. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph expected. Wind chill values of 25 to 35 below zero expected. WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Illinois. WHEN...From noon Thursday to 6 AM CST Saturday. IMPACTS...Falling or blowing snow may result in white out conditions with zero visibility at times, making travel extremely difficult. Power outages will also be possible as a result of strong wind gusts to 50 mph. Roads will likely quickly become ice covered as temperatures rapidly fall Thursday afternoon. ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Dangerously cold wind chills as low as 25 to 35 below zero are likely Thursday night through Friday night. Wind chills of this magnitude can cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 20 minutes. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPARED

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have tried and tried to clear all that up, and no matter how many times I cut each one out, so they disappeared, they kept coming back. I want the whole post deleted. 
I abandoned it, after clearing the whole thing, and was surprised to see the hole blankety blank mess back!

Hi.  Click on the 3 dots above your post and click report.  Just say you inadvertently supplied your personal info.

I only learnt how to do this last week and have just done this for you but you should do it too.  

Unfortunately it means your lovely photos of the kids will be taken down too but better to be safe.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am mentally drained today.    I went to local auto dealer to purchase three (3) 2022 Dodge Ram ProMasters for work.      Why do car dealers drag out the whole game of negotiating, preparing paperwork, etc. etc.    I was getting cranky towards the end of the visit.    I phoned my boss after I left the dealership and he was very happy with the final amount we paid for the vehicles.   He felt sorry for me having to sit there all afternoon and said tomorrow he is buying me lunch.   I asked him to throw in a cocktail😁

You went above and beyond for your boss! I hate buying cars. When I bought the Outback, I drove it, said fine. This dealer does not negotiate. (thankfully). I said I will write the check, and we had to stay there for an additional 4 hours. To check my credit, try to sell me an extended warranty and all the other garbage that goes along with a car purchase. I was so annoyed and just exhausted when we finally got home. And the dealership was an hour and half away, because they had the vehicle that I wanted. 

He does owe you lunch! And cocktails. It is just a draining experience. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1