Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just got home to Christina s and Brandon’s house staying with them.  Well the grand pups. Someone got to do it. We’re bonding. Until Ash took off down the street and I am sure the neighbors were wondering who that crazy lady was yelling. 

Brandon staying with Christina. Cherishing this life moment. 

Christina and Brandon are exhausted. 
At first with the hospital reinstated the COVID guidelines only husband, baby daddy or parent of laboring mom permitted in. 

Well somehow someway when they found out I was a nurse anesthetist, they made an exception. I had to of course wear a mask and not hold the baby today. 

Her experience got a tad tough. She stops progressing at 6cm. So on came the Pitocin. Low dose at first. Well. She went into constant contractions every minute. The baby was having trouble recovering. Pit off. Contractions still constant.  Flooded her with fluids. Had her positioned numerous ways. Final they told her they have to try an epidural. They did it worked. Contractions normal. Mom slept.  Time to push. One problem. Baby stayed very high After 3 hours of pushing. Suction cup.  And birth. 
Mom suffered a bad tear. Stitched up. Happy to be holding the miracle of life. 

Resting now. 
Breast feeding going well. Of course she started manufacturing weeks ago. 

Resting now. Just realized I have been up 23 hours. 
The bed is calling me. 

As far as what will I be called?   Dunno. 
no preference. 

I just cannot wait till tomorrow to hold 

Zoey Rae. 

More pictures tomorrow. 

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.  
It means so much

I must mention the significance of the circle of life.  In that had my father been alive……today would have been his 100th birthday.

Take care

Mama lions 

❤️

Well one more picture. 

2769FEA2-0D16-4C8E-82E2-F89C782EFFC1.thumb.png.a37f7facdd8dd33dd6a31165a2ce0777.png

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 26

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nothing better than raisinettes in a movie theater even though it was a nickel a box.

Nothing better than Goobers or chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bonbons at the movies.  Raisins YUK!

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just got home to Christina s and Brandon’s house staying with them.  Well the grand pups. Someone got to do it. We’re bonding. Until Ash took off down the street and I am sure the neighbors were wondering who that crazy lady was yelling. 

At first with the hospital reinstated the COVID guidelines only husband, baby daddy or parent of laboring mom permitted in. 

Well somehow someway when they found out I was a nurse anesthetist, they made an exception. I had to of course wear a mask and not hold the baby today. 

Her experience got a tad tough. She stops progressing at 6cm. So on came the Pitocin. Low dose at first. Well. She went into constant contractions every minute. The baby was having trouble recovering. Pit off. Contractions still constant.  Flooded her with fluids. Had her positioned numerous ways. Final they told her they have to try an epidural. They did it worked. Contractions normal. Mom slept.  Time to push. One problem. Baby stayed very high After 3 hours of pushing. Suction cup.  And birth. 

Resting now. 

The bed is calling me. 

no preference. 

Zoey Rae. 

More pictures tomorrow. 

It means so much

I must mention the significance of the circle of life.  In that had my father been alive……today would have been his 100th birthday.

Take care

Mama lions 

❤️

Well one more picture. 

2769FEA2-0D16-4C8E-82E2-F89C782EFFC1.thumb.png.a37f7facdd8dd33dd6a31165a2ce0777.png

Priceless sweetheart girl!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Resting now. 

The bed is calling me. 

no preference. 

Zoey Rae. 

More pictures tomorrow. 

It means so much

Take care

Mama lions 

❤️

Well one more picture. 

Zoey Rae is a beauty.  Enjoy your first cuddles tomorrow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Below Deck coming up. Who's watching?

We watched tonight because I wanted to see if it would be Capt. Sandy. The Below Deck Reddit pages were all speculating that it would be Sandy and it makes sense. I know there are a lot that don't like her but I do. Even if she micromanages.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

She is a mess.

Yep she is derailing very fast.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And the micro-management has commenced.

Did you notice how Sandy was cleaning the galley? I've never seen her do that before. I wonder if she took note of Capt. Jason and all the things he does to help out.

Also did you notice the whip in Capt. Lee's luggage before he left. I didn't know the Captain was kinky?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We watched tonight because I wanted to see if it would be Capt. Sandy. The Below Deck Reddit pages were all speculating that it would be Sandy and it makes sense. I know there are a lot that don't like her but I do. Even if she micromanages.

Yep she is derailing very fast.

Did you notice how Sandy was cleaning the galley? I've never seen her do that before. I wonder if she took note of Capt. Jason and all the things he does to help out.

Also did you notice the whip in Capt. Lee's luggage before he left. I didn't know the Captain was kinky?????

LOL, I did not notice the whip! I don't mind Sandy. The crew will have to get use to her very different style from Lee. I actually prefer her to a grumpy guy.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

What a long day. 

Started at 01:30 yup AM.

Off to Oxford Ohio. 
5 hours later for me. I arrived. 

10 hours labor for Christina.  Zoey arrived 
Brandon an excellent coach at her side. 
Meet my granddaughter. 

More details will eventually follow when I can see again through all these happy tears. 

048C4039-763B-4A7E-A008-9120B2F071BA.png

Congratulations to you all on the birth of your new granddaughter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

What a long day. 

Started at 01:30 yup AM.

Off to Oxford Ohio. 
5 hours later for me. I arrived. 

10 hours labor for Christina.  Zoey arrived 
Brandon an excellent coach at her side. 
Meet my granddaughter. 

More details will eventually follow when I can see again through all these happy tears. 

048C4039-763B-4A7E-A008-9120B2F071BA.png

Beautiful, a Christmas baby, perfect 🥰 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

It means so much

Take care

Mama lions 

❤️

Hope all are doing well today in your household.  What an exciting day.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations!!  How did Minnie and her sibling make out on the trip to your new home?

Well, Diana is four and normally a quiet, sedate cat.  Minnie (aka Denise the Menise when she was a kitten) is two.  I put the sedative in both their food.  Only Minnie ate some.  Got them in the carriers and off we went.

Diana immediately began to meow.  I figured she’d stop.  Forty-five minutes later when her meows had changed to heartbreaking cries we pulled over and George put her carrier on his lap.  She quieted down and only made the occasional comment.

Meanwhile Minnie was so silent we had to pull over again to check on her.  I had the carriers covered with a sheet as I’d read they felt safer in the dark.  In our case it would have been easier to check on them if we could see into their carriers.  We pulled the sheet off Minnie who was calm and quiet until about the last twenty minutes (Are we there yet?!) and began to try to break out but stopped when we told her to.

Once in the house they explored some but spent the evening on the sofas or ottomans with us.  Slept on the bed as usual with us.  Don’t know what they’re really thinking…but I know both are thrilled they weren’t left behind again.  Minnie kept coming up to me and rubbing her head against my legs all evening in grateful loving appreciation.

Now all I have to do is unpack a million boxes.  Thanks so very much to all who offered me advice and support during this move!!!

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 19

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, Diana is four and normally a quiet, sedate cat.  Minnie (aka Denise the Menise when she was a kitten) is two.  I put the sedative in both their food.  Only Minnie ate some.  Got them in the carriers and off we went.

Diana immediately began to meow.  I figured she’d stop.  Forty-five minutes later when her meows had changed to heartbreaking cries we pulled over and George put her carrier on his lap.  She quieted down and only made the occasional comment.

Meanwhile Minnie was so silent we had to pull over again to check on her.  I had the carriers covered with a sheet as I’d read they felt safer in the dark.  In our case it would have been easier to check on them if we could see into their carriers.  We pulled the sheet off Minnie who was calm and quiet until about the last twenty minutes (Are we there yet?!) and began to try to break out but stopped when we told her to.

Once in the house they explored some but spent the evening on the sofas or ottomans with us.  Slept on the bed as usual with us.  Don’t know what they’re really thinking…but I know both are thrilled they weren’t left behind again.  Minnie kept coming up to me and rubbing her head against my legs all evening in grateful loving appreciation.

Now all I have to do is unpack a million boxes.  Thanks so very much to all who offered me advice and support during this move!!!

So glad for you the trip with the cats is over and now they can help you unpack the boxes.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I went to Officeworks tonight with the intention of printing off 2 photos to put in Christmas decorations as gifts.  I ended up printing off 100.  Lol.  Does anyone still print off physical photos?

No

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I went to Officeworks tonight with the intention of printing off 2 photos to put in Christmas decorations as gifts.  I ended up printing off 100.  Lol.  Does anyone still print off physical photos?

We do to put photos in our yearly Christmas ornaments of the kids and grandkids.  But those are one offs that we print at home. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yes, I make photo albums of all of our trips as well as Andrew's life and activities. Each year of his life fills two 200-photo albums and each trip usually fills up one. Our Alaskan cruise will need two, though.

He loves looking through them and reminding himself of all of the memories. I'm keeping Shutterfly in business, LOL.

• Like 9

When our first grandchild was born, I took so many pictures that I filled 4 baby albums.  2nd grandchild arrived, filled 2 baby albums.  As more grandchildren arrived, I continued taking pictures, of course, but only filled one album for each child, but have so many pictures that I never found the time to put in the albums for them.  I keep thinking it will get done and present them to the kids, but so far, it hasn't happened.  They all love looking at their baby albums.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

LOL, I did not notice the whip! I don't mind Sandy. The crew will have to get use to her very different style from Lee. I actually prefer her to a grumpy guy.

Here's the cutaway. looks like Captain Lee likes to play.

1640408453_ScreenShot2022-12-20at9_08_54AM.thumb.png.89f9d30a74f4d65cb6106cef2bf189cd.png

• Haha 12

Last week Finnley turned 4 months old and had her 4 months check-up.  She measured 27 inches which puts her in the 99 percentile.   Looks like we'll have a basketball player in the future. 

IMG_3724.thumb.jpeg.4dfe2986d2ccdc5577b2df4cbb3fb9d7.jpeg

The little mermaid 

IMG_3712.thumb.jpeg.bc922afd5bdc24e5d3d0f8a41c67c1e1.jpeg

And she helped decorate the tree.IMG_8042.thumb.JPG.b9cebcf7ddd18c5c1a8b6b8519b48bbd.JPG

IMG_8050.thumb.JPG.8f0c308b11eed14585010e6690e202bd.JPG

IMG_8059.thumb.JPG.e282fa880e51b70695988a5c5f8ac392.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

So, adding to the what else can go wrong story.  

Found out yesterday that our CA grandson has the flu.  High temp and other symptoms.  And, of course there is a nationwide shortage of Children’s Tylenol.  Daughter-in-law was able to find the last bottle of a generic brand, out of dozens of stores she checked in the Bay Area.  I know we have a shortage here, but we did get a bottle when granddaughter was sick. Hopefully he will be over it by the time they fly to meet us.  

Next, Ricky was playing with a door this morning, and managed to get his paw stuck and injured it.  So he has been limping around, and is off to the Vet soon to get checked out. 

Just more things to put stress on Christmas travel plans.  

• Like 12