Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That’s right.  When we were on Odyssey in October/November, that ice cream in the Windjammer was free.  Different flavors (besides the usual standard flavors) everyday.  When the menus changed in the MDR and Windjammer, that free ice cream went away along with it, so I was told from one of the officers walking around in the Windjammer.  How was it when you were on Odyssey in January?

@Ozark_Kidand 

It was still included on Odyssey in January. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

There was free ice cream in Windjammer on Odyssey late March this year

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was still included on Odyssey in January. 

🤷‍♀️ Maybe it’s a Ovation thing. Officer told me I could get ice cream free in the soft serve station outside.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My family celebrated Mothers Day today because my soon to be 19 year old granddaughter is leaving early tomorrow morning for her college trip to Israel.

Toby and I are not thrilled by this but there is nothing that we can do .

There will be armed security guards traveling with them.

Hope your grand-daughter & her college companions stay.

3 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

🤷‍♀️ Maybe it’s a Ovation thing. Officer told me I could get ice cream free in the soft serve station outside.

I'd love to provide that officer with the list of ingredients of that free "ice cream" in the outside soft serve machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@QueSeraSera thank you for adopting a rescue dog.  We have adopted two dogs that suffered trauma in the past and seeing them living their best lives  after being given love and security from our family is a wonderful thing.

I am surprised though that your puppy was not examined if he had a limp before being offered up for adoption.  I know all the rescue centres here do that.  Maybe you adopted privately.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Maybe you adopted privately.

The place we used was called "Forgotten Tails" that takes dogs from shelters where they face euthanasia.  They may well be a private organization.  They told us Alfie came from a shelter in a rural county west of Richmond.  

Alfie's picture posted below, I think she was winking at me (its only money!)

image.jpeg.3827a0793ff110ff60d7a43bd0fa47d3.jpeg

• Like 22

23 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

The place we used was called "Forgotten Tails" that takes dogs from shelters where they face euthanasia.  They may well be a private organization.  They told us Alfie came from a shelter in a rural county west of Richmond.  

She’s a cutie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It seems we have a cease fire, even though rockets were fired after the official time....

I hope to be back tomorrow with the "regular" program, just wanted to congratulate Jennifer @jmh2006 on her birthday with my heartfelt wishes 🌹

and Warren @Que Sera Sera for being such a compassionate human being. Hugs to the cutie 😘

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Us too!  It was my first cruise on Royal, and we are looking at prospects to return as soon as we can.  Hoping February works out for you.

It was my first time on a Q class ship and I liked it much more than I was expecting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

For butterfly lovers

FullSizeRender.MOV 53.66 MB · 1 download  

Can @Ozark_Kidor @bobmaclibertyconvert this so all can view it?  Thank you!

Happy to help.  I love all of the interactive art on Q class ships.  Was this on the wall outside of Music Hall?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

So cute 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Mothers Day.

I wish all mothers here the best for tomorrow, and every day.  Treat yourselves to something special!

My mom's been gone for quite a few years, I hope wherever she is she knows how often I think of her, or quote her in my mind.

My father arranged this painting of her as a surprise on their one visit together to Europe.  Somehow the artist caught more of her than any photo I could post.

image.png.e9b77fde09a47c06f8bd39dbff31f01c.png

• Like 22

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had our roof replaced last year.   In the end insurance covered it all.  After they submitted an estimate for our roof it was going to cost our deductible of I think $1,000.  After completing the roof they submitted other cost to insurance and it covered our deductible and they received a little more.   Hope your insurance helps with the roof.

The roof is just under 25 yrs old so just normal wear and tear.  We can definitely see some curling of shingles on the garage side.    It was fairly new when we purchased this home in 2001.   I have never heard of insurance covering a roof for the simple fact it is old and needs to be replaced.    

Did you have damage to your roof by a storm?

• Thanks 1