Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Everything is fine!  No hail damage.  No rain/extreme storms at least for the next 10 days, low 90s.  

Thank goodness all is well for you and Jack, Bonnie!  We had Tornado watch earlier today with lightening and thunderstorms.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We finally made it to our dream family vacation, which was booked almost a year ago. 

Will post pics and “musings” when we’ll be back, too busy keeping up with the grandsons, who are having a great time.

Have the best time!!!!!!🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

We are taking Grandeur out of Tampa.  It goes to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya.  I will try to post a little on the cruise and will have pictures and comments when we get back.  We are staying at the Holiday Inn Fairgrounds tonight.  Getting a late start waiting for a storm to go by.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We had a fun day with Isaac, but you could see he wasn't 100%. He's refused to eat anything though drank lots of water and oat milk, and then on the way home brought it up all over himself.  Hopefully he'll bounce back soon 🙏 

Poor baby!  I hope Isaac feels better quickly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Glastonbury, wow the premium festival in the UK. Tickets sell out very fast.  Our nearest big town, Reading, also has a big festival each year at the end of August which I  use to go to when I was young  😄

We had a fun day with Isaac, but you could see he wasn't 100%. He's refused to eat anything though drank lots of water and oat milk, and then on the way home brought it up all over himself.  Hopefully he'll bounce back soon 🙏 

get-well-soon-isaac-2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Last night was the last of our four grandchildren's Graduations, and tomorrow will be the last of the parties.

Ryan's 8th Grade Graduation was last night on the High School football field.  Weather was perfect, Commencement went quickly.  It really was a lovely evening.

Today we had lightening, thunderstorms, and we were under Tornado watch.  Tonight is the High School Senior Graduation, and I truly hope the students and families get through the entire Commencement without any more storms.  It begins at 6:00 pm and it's damp and cloudy right now,

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Last night was the last of our four grandchildren's Graduations, and tomorrow will be the last of the parties.

Ryan's 8th Grade Graduation was last night on the High School football field.  Weather was perfect, Commencement went quickly.  It really was a lovely evening.

Today we had lightening, thunderstorms, and we were under Tornado watch.  Tonight is the High School Senior Graduation, and I truly hope the students and families get through the entire Commencement without any more storms.  It begins at 6:00 pm and it's damp and cloudy right now,

Congratulations Ryan on your graduation.

congrats-congratulations.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We finally made it to our dream family vacation, which was booked almost a year ago. 

Will post pics and “musings” when we’ll be back, too busy keeping up with the grandsons, who are having a great time.

Have a wonderful time, gives those grand babies lots of hugs from all of us 💖

52 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Several years ago, while on FB, I became aware of a young boy named Marik who had gone through several bouts of Cancer.  I followed his Mom's posts about all of Marik's ups and downs with this horrible disease, occasionally contributing to help this family fulfill Marik's Bucket List.  One of his wishes was to meet Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" while visiting in California.  Mr. Johnson went over and above with Marik and his family.  I can't say enough good things about The Rock who was most generous with not only his time but also gave Marik some of the video games that was on his list, etc.  Marik passed away just before his 16th Birthday.

Today would have been Marik's 21st Birthday, which brings me to tell you about one of the items on his Bucket List.  His Mom shared this morning that the one thing that Marik always wanted, but that his Mom was adamant about his not having, was an alcoholic drink.  She worried about any bad reactions this would have on his medications.  Well, one day, Marik had finally run his Mom down.  He really wanted to try alcohol.  She gave in, rumaged around the liquor in the cabinet, and brought out a bottle of Kraken.  (and this is why I'm telling you about Marik.  Marik and the Kraken!)

His Mom poured a shot glass full of Kraken and handed it to Marik, expecting him to take a sip and spit it out and never ask again.  She was wrong, however.  He was standing in the kitchen on one leg (his other had been amputated years earlier).  He picked up his shot, held it up, and downed it like a professional.  He than slammed the shot glass down, screamed "LIKE A BOSS", and hobbled off to his room.  He never did ask for another drink, and his Mom said she was glad she let him have that small experience so very long ago.

So, here's to that  brave young Warrior, Marik, on his 21st Birthday in Heaven.  Slainte!

Cheers Malik 🥂🍹🍻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to the new graduates 🎓 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations Ryan on your graduation.

congrats-congratulations.gif

Thank you, Graham!🥰

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations to the new graduates 🎓 

Thank you, Greg!😍

20 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Cheers Malik 🥂🍹🍻

❤️

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

HAPPY FIRST  BIRTHDAY MISS LIZZY. 

I remember when you were first adopted. 

IMG_4161.thumb.jpeg.08eea47a3794cafdd50d21204ab3538e.jpeg

That cute pretty kitty has grown up to be a lover girl with attitude. 

IMG_1299.thumb.jpeg.fb496ccf40f4d5f465f07d825011f492.jpeg

You enjoy sitting on laps, playing with pipe cleaners, and climbing up on our dresser to admire yourself in the mirror. 

But you have the most fun setting off house alarm. 

You make our life a complete family. 

Here’s to many more. 

Wow...that year went by so fast. Happy birthday Lizzie. You are beautiful.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Several years ago, while on FB, I became aware of a young boy named Marik who had gone through several bouts of Cancer.  I followed his Mom's posts about all of Marik's ups and downs with this horrible disease, occasionally contributing to help this family fulfill Marik's Bucket List.  One of his wishes was to meet Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" while visiting in California.  Mr. Johnson went over and above with Marik and his family.  I can't say enough good things about The Rock who was most generous with not only his time but also gave Marik some of the video games that was on his list, etc.  Marik passed away just before his 16th Birthday.

Today would have been Marik's 21st Birthday, which brings me to tell you about one of the items on his Bucket List.  His Mom shared this morning that the one thing that Marik always wanted, but that his Mom was adamant about his not having, was an alcoholic drink.  She worried about any bad reactions this would have on his medications.  Well, one day, Marik had finally run his Mom down.  He really wanted to try alcohol.  She gave in, rumaged around the liquor in the cabinet, and brought out a bottle of Kraken.  (and this is why I'm telling you about Marik.  Marik and the Kraken!)

His Mom poured a shot glass full of Kraken and handed it to Marik, expecting him to take a sip and spit it out and never ask again.  She was wrong, however.  He was standing in the kitchen on one leg (his other had been amputated years earlier).  He picked up his shot, held it up, and downed it like a professional.  He than slammed the shot glass down, screamed "LIKE A BOSS", and hobbled off to his room.  He never did ask for another drink, and his Mom said she was glad she let him have that small experience so very long ago.

So, here's to that  brave young Warrior, Marik, on his 21st Birthday in Heaven.  Slainte!

Marik was THE BOSS! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Glastonbury, wow the premium festival in the UK. Tickets sell out very fast.  Our nearest big town, Reading, also has a big festival each year at the end of August which I  use to go to when I was young  😄

Oh no, poor Isaac.  Awful to see the little ones unwell.  Be a relief when he does bounce back.

Glastonbury tickets - rare very rare.  In a last ditch attempt after 5 years of trying - there was a tech “war room” in both families homes and all devices and all family members involved  plus the two girls in London were doing their best to secure tickets too.  Finally in the last 5 mins, her Sydney BF secured tickets.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally made it to Tampa. We couldn't leave until:

The power came back on

We got the big branches off the driveway

We uprighted the potted plants

We called the neighbor about their large tree that fell near the front of the property. 

We texted the house sitters to just ignore the leaves, small, medium and large branches plus the tree and to not park under any of the trees while we are gone

It was an exciting morning.

The hotel is nice and filled with dogs that are here for the dog show across the street.  I love dogs!

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 24

8 hours ago, George C said:

We get 5 free drinks daily on rccl because we are diamond plus and we have a three hour suite happy hour plus normally order a bottle of wine with dinner .

We never stay in suites and we're Emerald status.  I'm not complaining.  All of our cruises have been wonderful with diet cokes and the occasional adult beverage, for me anyway.  One bottle of Moscato is enough for me for the entire cruise.  The last time Jack had an alcoholic drink was many years ago.

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Graduation to Ryan.  

Hope that tornado watch doesn't turn into a tornado warning!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

We are taking Grandeur out of Tampa.  It goes to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya.  I will try to post a little on the cruise and will have pictures and comments when we get back.  We are staying at the Holiday Inn Fairgrounds tonight.  Getting a late start waiting for a storm to go by.

Hope you have a great cruise.   Bon Voyage💐

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to Ryan and others.  Proud Nana   😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We never stay in suites and we're Emerald status.  I'm not complaining.  All of our cruises have been wonderful with diet cokes and the occasional adult beverage, for me anyway.  One bottle of Moscato is enough for me for the entire cruise.  The last time Jack had an alcoholic drink was many years ago.

Happy Graduation to Ryan.  

Hope that tornado watch doesn't turn into a tornado warning!

My first more than 50 cruises were not in suites , I didn’t know suites existed, started in inside cabins , back then in 70’s balconies didn’t exist . We never had children so our extra money went into cruises, our first suite was a free upgrade and we were hooked , same as flying first class once you do it you want to continue if it is in your price range, we have no debt , no car payment, we will need to adjust a little when my wife retires in a couple of years, but rather do less vacations and do them first class . Everyone chooses how they spend their money . 

• Like 13