Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is the birthday of my oldest granddaughter.She is 19 .We will celebrate on Saturday.

Happy 19th Birthday wishes for your granddaughter, Lenny!

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes John they are really amazing. The one doctor who is friends with my brother gave me his personal cell for texting. My surgeon also has a texting service where he routinely checks his patients. I have never felt rushed in an appointment and they always take their time and answer all your questions. Really looking forward to seeing you on Bella 2.

Oh Gregg, I'm so sorry to read that you will be needing a second knee surgery, instead of the bone marrow procedure you were so hoping for.  It's always good to have a great surgeon who is both professional as well as so caring.  You've got this, Gregg!😉   I hope Linda's surgery will go smoothly.

BTW, you can rant all you want...that's what friends are for!🥰

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Greg, sending prayers for both you Linda to have speedy recoveries.🙏

You may want to consider renting a scooter and use it onboard to save your knee for when at port.  It will get you to the Schooner bar quick like a bunny😄

When Eric injured his back last year he did not want a scooter, guess he felt he would be viewed different, but I didn't listen and rented him one thru specialneedsatsea (easy website order). 

He was happy to have it once onboard.  With all the walking involved in cruising it gave him peace of mind to know it was in the cabin on days he may need it.

Thanks Debbie. It’s nice to have options. I will consider this.

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Gregg, I'm so sorry to read that you will be needing a second knee surgery, instead of the bone marrow procedure you were so hoping for.  It's always good to have a great surgeon who is both professional as well as so caring.  You've got this, Gregg!😉   I hope Linda's surgery will go smoothly.

Thank you Maryann. I am glad I’ve got good doctors including my brother who I can talk to.

• Like 3

@Sea Dog It was certainly not the news that you wanted, but at least there is something that can be done surgically to relieve your discomfort and give you an improved quality of life.

Hoping the outcome of this knee replacement is a positive one for you.

Re the wheelchair assist with SWA. We often see so many passengers using that service at our local airport on LI. The flights from there to FL destinations are called “miracle flights “ since so passengers are then able to walk off the flight once they reach FL. That being said-there are plenty of passengers who truly need the wheel chair service.

I was one of them last Fall when I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot while vacationing in FL.

Walking through the Palm Beach International airport would have been a very painful experience. Wheel chair assist was very easy to arrange. 
We asked for assistance at the outside baggage check-in desk and I was soon whisked away through security to the gate for our flight. I did not show any documentation as to the need for a wheelchair. We did not have to arrange it prior to arriving at the airport.

You may seriously consider such assist before you have knee surgery as it could make your travel more pleasant.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 6

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Today is our anniversary.

I get to pick my own roses

50DE5328-6499-4AD4-9231-EDB34E9B753C.thumb.jpeg.870dfce0f845b78624e93249513cf6f5.jpeg

And candy

2FC783DD-6FEC-4074-99A1-043AC833C51E.thumb.jpeg.848f08e88d676c6f53ed2dec61c4d3f4.jpeg

`

Me is one lucky gal, I am.  LOL

Congratulations, Helen and Marty!  Happy, Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple!🌹🥂

I sure hope you are feeling better, and that your sciatica is behaving for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you very much,Maryann.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog It was certainly not the news that you wanted, but at least there is something that can be done surgically to relieve your discomfort and give you an improved quality of life.

Hoping the outcome of this knee replacement is a positive one for you.

Re the wheelchair assist with SWA. We often see so many passengers using that service at our local airport on LI. The flights from there to FL destinations are called “miracle flights “ since so passengers are then able to walk off the flight once they reach FL. That being said-there are plenty of passengers who truly need the wheel chair service.

I was one of them last Fall when I developed plantar fasciitis in my right foot while vacationing in FL.

Walking through the Palm Beach International airport would have been a very painful experience. Wheel chair assist was very easy to arrange. 
We asked for assistance at the outside baggage check-in desk and I was soon whisked away through security to the gate for our flight. I did not show any documentation as to the need for a wheelchair. We did not have to arrange it prior to arriving at the airport.

You may seriously consider such assist before you have knee surgery as it could make your travel more pleasant.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I’ve read that about those miracle passengers. That’s why I would never do it or take advantage of people who truly need it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Home from the dealership now. Lisa’s new wheels. 

IMG_9919.thumb.jpeg.023cbae6c512ea6701fb7aa8c58aa03a.jpeg

Sharp looking car, I always like white cars, just not so sure about that grill. Are all their models like that now?

What is the darker black spot in the middle under the L? why does it look different then what is on each side?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Now I am embarrassed.  It's a boy.  Sabel has become Coal.  Note to self - double check what people tell you always!

Coal.thumb.jpeg.facd847f871a35042e861c5e325e789a.jpeg

Coal looks so very soft!  Not to mention how adorable he is!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Pink is my favorite 😊

Mine too!

@MJSailors How are you feeling?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had a nasty storm roll through at dinnertime and have been without power since 5:30ish.  Peco says estimated time for our area to be restored is 11 pm.

We have been hanging out on patio with tiki torches and candles.

We do have a gas powered generator in our shed that we could hook up but we are being lazy since it is only a couple of hours.   Fingers and toes crossed their estimated time is correct.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a nasty storm roll through at dinnertime and have been without power since 5:30ish.  Peco says estimated time for our area to be restored is 11 pm.

We do have a gas powered generator in our shed that we could hook up but we are being lazy since it is only a couple of hours.   Fingers and toes crossed their estimated time is correct.

Hopefully your power will be restored by 11:00, even better, if you get it back way before that time!

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We kept waiting for the storms to roll through but so far none have🤞

We've been supposed to be getting storms for the past two days.  Nothing.  We did get about two minutes of rain around 1:00 this afternoon.  Hmm...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sharp looking car, I always like white cars, just not so sure about that grill. Are all their models like that now?

This is the new RX front, but not sure about the other models. It’s not as aero dynamic as the previous RX, but Lisa doesn’t mind it.  It will grow on me with time.

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is the darker black spot in the middle under the L? why does it look different then what is on each side?

Good eye.  I just used a black “highlighter” to cover over the front plate. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We kept waiting for the storms to roll through but so far none have🤞

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hopefully your power will be restored by 11:00, even better, if you get it back way before that time!

We've been supposed to be getting storms for the past two days.  Nothing.  We did get about two minutes of rain around 1:00 this afternoon.  Hmm...

We got it this past morning at around 2AM. Lightning, thunder, downpours. It went on for awhile. Didn't get much sleep.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Lenny, enjoy the birthday festivities 🎉

Thank you,Marietta.My granddaughter just FaceTimed me.She is working this week at her college .She and 9 other honors students are helping with an orientation for incoming students.I sang happy birthday to her,my own version of the song.😀

• Like 3

On 6/26/2023 at 9:05 PM, Bailey & Sophie said:

Anyone our there still watching Below Deck Yacht or has everyone kissed it off?

I still am, but I’m getting tired of Gary and his “stuff”. Poor Collin since Daisy doesn’t put her foot down about Gary leaving her alone. I think Collin needs to get out of that 3 way. He’d be better off.

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

During the advertisement for DU last night they did somewhat of a "photo shoot" of Jason. It appeared that they are trying to sexualize him into the new "stud of the seas". I really hope this is not the direction they go in.

I saw that and thought good grief. If that’s the route they are going to continue with these shows then I’m done. It’s like watching Love Island. 🙄

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is the new RX front, but not sure about the other models. It’s not as aero dynamic as the previous RX, but Lisa doesn’t mind it.  It will grow on me with time.

Good eye.  I just used a black “highlighter” to cover over the front plate. 

Okay then that's better, thought it should have looked like the rest of the grill. Cool.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Where the License plate goes, maybe? (should have read further, apologies) 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

Heat Wave! We're getting a heat wave, supposedly. It is supposed to start on Friday and last over the weekend. Thank goodness, because it is still freezing at our house. Maybe I can finally switch to shorts instead of sweats for a few days.☺️

On 6/26/2023 at 2:16 PM, HBE4 said:

I know you have 2 houses and are in the process of moving (or have moved) but I missed when you purchased a 3rd hours above the Arctic Circle? 😉

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You sure are one lucky lady💐  Happy Anniversary to you and Hubby.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations, Helen and Marty!  Happy, Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple!🌹🥂

I sure hope you are feeling better, and that your sciatica is behaving for you!

Thank you, Debbie and Maryann!  We went out to dinner and I wasn’t sure how I would do with sitting.  I actually made it through.  Without fidgeting.  😀

• Like 10

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and, speaking of all the cruises planned, another cabin on deck 8 bites the dust 😉

In the hope that we'll combine a visit to our son in Netherlands (which opens much more opportunities for flying across the pond, shortening it to less than 11 hours instead of 14 hours) and Bella 2 😁

Thanks to Ken, we've got my fav location 👍

So happy to be able to finally meet you and hubby.

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

50DE5328-6499-4AD4-9231-EDB34E9B753C.thumb.jpeg.870dfce0f845b78624e93249513cf6f5.jpeg

And candy

2FC783DD-6FEC-4074-99A1-043AC833C51E.thumb.jpeg.848f08e88d676c6f53ed2dec61c4d3f4.jpeg

`

64A34E6A-E434-406B-9F16-C63352E3826D.thumb.jpeg.79dbbafd18ccb32412578e1262c8c8cc.jpeg

Happy Anniversary. 🍷 🥂 🍾 🍫 🌹 🍣. Looking forward to seeing you and Marty again in August.

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you!  See the pale pink bunch on the top left, next to the yellow bunch?  That was my pick.

By the way, I'm really happy that you had a great time on your first cruise since the pandemic.  You hung in there until you were ready and able to.  Very proud of you!  Can't wait to meet you on Bella 2.0.

Beautiful bunch of roses.

39 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you, Debbie and Maryann!  We went out to dinner and I wasn’t sure how I would do with sitting.  I actually made it through.  Without fidgeting.  😀

I guess I missed something about your sciatica. Hope you feel better.

@Sea Dog Sorry to hear that you will still need knee surgery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My thought is that you need a total knee replacement and anything less will end up being a failure and a disappointment to you not to mention a waste of time and just a delay of the inevitable... but what do I know. I'm just some random dude on the internet.

Don't you play a doctor on tv?

• Haha 9

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

During the advertisement for DU last night they did somewhat of a "photo shoot" of Jason. It appeared that they are trying to sexualize him into the new "stud of the seas". I really hope this is not the direction they go in.

Agree. But he is a hottie.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

And candy

`

64A34E6A-E434-406B-9F16-C63352E3826D.thumb.jpeg.79dbbafd18ccb32412578e1262c8c8cc.jpeg

Happy anniversary! Ours is while we will be on the Canal cruise together. We'll have to share a celebration drink then.

• Like 2