Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are about to stay in an “ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony” on Allure tomorrow. I can share pics afterward if you like. I imagine it would be similar on Oasis.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are about to stay in an “ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony” on Allure tomorrow. I can share pics afterward if you like. I imagine it would be similar on Oasis.

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG - I cannot believe they have cheesecake ontop of a milkshake.     Looks so yummy and worthy of a good tummy ache

We were there back in September 2021...if you don't like cheesecake they can change it up with chocolate  cake 🙂

The last picture was a Smores.

20210929_193156.jpg

20210929_191029_03.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We were there back in September 2021...if you don't like cheesecake they can change it up with chocolate  cake 🙂

The last picture was a Smores.

I don’t have a sweet tooth but those look amazing. 

• Like 1

I dropped my Wife off to get her hair done.....I then attempted  to go to the  local Mall. I had just pulled into parking lot and a driving rain storm started...Rained like 2 inches in 1 hour.

I looked over to my right and saw this....just had to get a picture of it.

A lady finally came out mind, you it was still pouring, She was soaked to the bone and embarrassed. 

Other cars were watching her too...I hope she learned don't leave your convertible  for over an hour in a parking lot in Southwest Virginia on the summer. The weather here can change so quick.

Not sure what kind of car it was. If the rain had stopped I was going to go out and take some inside pictures to see just how high the water got inside on the floor.

20230715_133518.jpg

20230715_133342.jpg

20230715_133150.jpg

20230715_133709.jpg

20230715_135136.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My Night Blooming Cereus opened tonight. The flowers last just one night and have a strong sweet fragrance. I love the details inside the flower. The plant itself is rather homely but the flowers are spectacular. It usually blooms in September but decided to make an early appearance. Maybe it will bloom again in a couple of months. 

image.thumb.jpeg.db260421d775973152ea0bf9459c9830.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0d016fb17f6ce4c13869e7d888ff2374.jpeg

• Like 21

17 minutes ago, derorim said:

My Night Blooming Cereus opened tonight. The flowers last just one night and have a strong sweet fragrance. I love the details inside the flower. The plant itself is rather homely but the flowers are spectacular. It usually blooms in September but decided to make an early appearance. Maybe it will bloom again in a couple of months. 

Neat !

2 hours ago, derorim said:

My dad and his friend both have a whole wall of these flowers.  When they bloom all at once - it’s spectacular.  My dad gifted me one and when it bloomed, my son did a time lapse video.  Unfortunately, DH has since killed it with his whipper snipper 🙄

• Like 4

Best way to catch up on all the details of my friend’s recent Europe trip - do a walk together around the harbour from Cremorne Point Wharf to Taronga Zoo Wharf.  We were very fortunate that the heavens opened at the very end of the walk when we had reached the cover of Taronga Zoo Wharf.

BF982F79-2729-4774-9751-9D233C621A23.thumb.jpeg.88bd1edf2812dc4481fc89f2fda49e6f.jpeg

C5DD0C4F-067B-4C40-8E40-BF52085DAAF0.thumb.jpeg.3f70459805aecff487354a687a53d0b2.jpeg

B7E42AB4-D700-4ED2-8A18-7303360EC409.thumb.jpeg.e6841cf87ea149888878269b89c2c84d.jpeg

E591AFD1-14FF-4E93-8F9F-6A685B58F039.thumb.jpeg.5f930a3a22c0fe5689b2731d7ac7d0f0.jpeg

5708378F-F657-4E86-8939-E3702A9E1852.thumb.jpeg.dd2c9a1ea8a1e81d1afc73b2ddb7806c.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wishing you all a fabulous cruise Bethany.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Congratulations , hope you like Mama Mia, very happy that Galveston now has oasis class ship . We will be on Harmony this November.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad and his friend both have a whole wall of these flowers.  When they bloom all at once - it’s spectacular.  My dad gifted me one and when it bloomed, my son did a time lapse video.  Unfortunately, DH has since killed it with his whipper snipper 🙄

Too bad about the whipper snipper incident.  I'd love to see the time lapse video, though.

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations , hope you like Mama Mia, very happy that Galveston now has oasis class ship . We will be on Harmony this November.

I'm glad @TravelGirlinDallasBethany and family are missing our Sunday monsoon like torrential rain.  4% chance of rain in Galveston with sunny skies for the afternoon.  Sounds like it will be a nice sail-a-way.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, derorim said:

They are such beautiful flowers and such a shame they only bloom once a year and do not last long.   Thank you for sharing 🤩

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm glad @TravelGirlinDallasBethany and family are missing our Sunday monsoon like torrential rain.  4% chance of rain in Galveston with sunny skies for the afternoon.  Sounds like it will be a nice sail-a-way.

Happy to hear their sail away weather will be nice!

We have been stuck in a hot, humid, rainy summer ever since we came home from the shore 3rd week of June.    I'm getting really tired of it.      It's not just rain but nasty storms with severe flooding in many areas near me.   At least we had enough time yesterday to do most of our yardwork before the torrential downpours started. 

Today's forecast is rain most of the day with severe storms / possible tornado warnings and more flooding this afternoon. 

Today I am making a big pot of hot and sweet sausage in sauce/gravy with peppers and onions as well as some eggplant parm to enjoy for lunch platters I pack for workdays and for Eric to enjoy too.      

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I dropped my Wife off to get her hair done.....I then attempted  to go to the  local Mall. I had just pulled into parking lot and a driving rain storm started...Rained like 2 inches in 1 hour.

A lady finally came out mind, you it was still pouring, She was soaked to the bone and embarrassed. 

Other cars were watching her too...I hope she learned don't leave your convertible  for over an hour in a parking lot in Southwest Virginia on the summer. The weather here can change so quick.

Not sure what kind of car it was. If the rain had stopped I was going to go out and take some inside pictures to see just how high the water got inside on the floor.

20230715_133518.jpg

20230715_133342.jpg

20230715_133150.jpg

20230715_133709.jpg

20230715_135136.jpg

I have been a convertible owner since the 80's and learned the hard way back then to never leave my roof open.     I went to an airshow at Willow Grove Navy Base with some friends and it was a gorgeous sunny day.   Was my first convertible so I didn't even think about putting the roof up since there wasn't a cloud in the sky.    It showered rather hard for about 10 or 15 minutes and when I returned to my car I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone had thrown a blue tarp over it.    Never found out who but really appreciated their act of kindness.   

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today I am making a big pot of hot and sweet sausage in sauce/gravy with peppers and onions as well as some eggplant parm to enjoy for lunch platters I pack for workdays and for Eric to enjoy too.      

Ummmm sounds so good!😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

20230715_133342.jpg

Awww, poor little Miata.  I used to have a red one.  But I never drove with the top down and the windows up.  🙂  I did, however drive with the top down, windows down, and heat on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear their sail away weather will be nice!

We have been stuck in a hot, humid, rainy summer ever since we came home from the shore 3rd week of June.    I'm getting really tired of it.      It's not just rain but nasty storms with severe flooding in many areas near me.   At least we had enough time yesterday to do most of our yardwork before the torrential downpours started. 

Today's forecast is rain most of the day with severe storms / possible tornado warnings and more flooding this afternoon. 

Have a great cruise @TravelGirlinDallas

I read you were having bad storms over on your end of the state, with flooding.   They say there were two or three people killed in the flooding. 

oh, that sausage with peppers and onions sounds good.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh my, when I read this I checked the weather at home and it must have been a doozy! Nice to have the rain, though. We spent the night at Brian’s parents’ house north of Houston. Headed to the port now!

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have a great cruise @TravelGirlinDallas

I read you were having bad storms over on your end of the state, with flooding.   They say there were two or three people killed in the flooding. 

oh, that sausage with peppers and onions sounds good.  

What??! Wow, I’m sorry to hear this.