Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks just talked to surgeon and he said everything went fantastic. He did say she had severe arthritis in the joint by her thumb. Hopefully she won’t be in too much pain but they gave prescribed some good pain meds. She will be in a cast for several weeks then fitted with a brace that she will wear for 3 months. She can’t lift anything with that hand for 3 months either. Since it’s on her right hand and she’s right handed I guess she will learn to be a lefty like me.😁 Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!!

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The heart biopsy is to check the pressures of your heart.  They go through the neck and snip a piece of the heart and that gets biopsied.  This also will tell if there is any rejection going on.  
Once again, thank you all🥰

These two messages make me optimistic and happy.  Thank you for your updates.

• Like 12

Me & Little Miss HBE4 are getting away for a very long weekend. Upstate NY, waaayyyyy upstate NY, deep in the Adirondacks mountains.  About as far as you can go in NY before being in Canada.St Regis Falls, NY which is about 35 miles from Cornwall, Ontario. 

Do I need to practice my French-Canadian? 😉

An old college friend of mine has a cabin up there & there are a bunch of us getting together. Like the movie The Big Chill, without the funeral.  Should be a fun 5 days.  While the cabin is fully functional with electricity & running water, but it does not have technology! No internet, Cell service or TV! It does have a landline phone so we are not totally cut off from civilization. 

So I'll be off-the-grid for a few days but I just wanted to say good luck to all those facing medical issues - Mrs. Seadog, Mr. DaniDanielle & Jagfan. Sorry if I forgot anybody.  Seems like there was a rash of medical issues in a very short time.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg, I am left handed alsoIMG_1389.thumb.jpeg.39961ee14233e694665571e32144b430.jpeg

"If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right minds".

BTW, I'm right handed. 😉🤣

So glad things are going well for Charlie and Linda.  Hope@jagsfan Mimi is ok.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Me & Little Miss HBE4 are getting away for a very long weekend. Upstate NY, waaayyyyy upstate NY, deep in the Adirondacks mountains.  About as far as you can go in NY before being in Canada.St Regis Falls, NY which is about 35 miles from Cornwall, Ontario. 

Do I need to practice my French-Canadian? 😉

An old college friend of mine has a cabin up there & there are a bunch of us getting together. Like the movie The Big Chill, without the funeral.  Should be a fun 5 days.  While the cabin is fully functional with electricity & running water, but it does not have technology! No internet, Cell service or TV! It does have a landline phone so we are not totally cut off from civilization. 

So I'll be off-the-grid for a few days but I just wanted to say good luck to all those facing medical issues - Mrs. Seadog, Mr. DaniDanielle & Jagfan. Sorry if I forgot anybody.  Seems like there was a rash of medical issues in a very short time.

Sounds like an awesome time to me.  Don't forget the bug spray and after bite for the bugs.  Cant wait to see pics when you get back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

At the cabin, you may find CC  to be a bit slower that usual 😉

image.png.18ca4f0ec15a9c6d02235bc53fd6be0b.png

Seriously, that sounds like a great escape. Have fun and I wish you all great weather for your stay.

dp

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks just talked to surgeon and he said everything went fantastic. He did say she had severe arthritis in the joint by her thumb. Hopefully she won’t be in too much pain but they gave prescribed some good pain meds. She will be in a cast for several weeks then fitted with a brace that she will wear for 3 months. She can’t lift anything with that hand for 3 months either. Since it’s on her right hand and she’s right handed I guess she will learn to be a lefty like me.😁 Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!!

So glad it went well!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

The heart biopsy is to check the pressures of your heart.  They go through the neck and snip a piece of the heart and that gets biopsied.  This also will tell if there is any rejection going on.  

So very glad there is no rejection!

• Like 4

We are home. Linda is doing good and the dogs are already wanting to live on her.  She will take it very easy today. I’m sure the pain will come later after the nerve block wears off.

Thank you for all the prayers, well wishes and concern. I read her a lot of your replies and it made her smile with happiness. My family is the best here!!

IMG_1791.thumb.jpeg.be2f57c8aff62985671b544ffe12b6c8.jpeg

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Doing somethings left handed can be difficult when you are right handed.😉  Good Luck 

• Like 3

Glad to hear the surgery went so well and  I hope her recovery goes the same.   Take good care of her, but don’t overdo it yourself! 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Doing somethings left handed can be difficult when you are right handed.😉  Good Luck 

Especially working her phone and iPads as she does everything with her right hand.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

When I was 12 years old I had a freak accident and fractured my right hand .I began doing everything left handed including playing sports and at one time I was nearly ambidextrous .

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are home. Linda is doing good and the dogs are already wanting to live on her.  She will take it very easy today. I’m sure the pain will come later after the nerve block wears off.

Thank you for all the prayers, well wishes and concern. I read her a lot of your replies and it made her smile with happiness. My family is the best here!!

Her old classmate wishes her a speedy recovery and will be happy to help her lift a glass at the Schooner Bar in October!

And....such good puppies!!!!!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Her old classmate wishes her a speedy recovery and will be happy to help her lift a glass at the Schooner Bar in October!

And....such good puppies!!!!!

We are really looking forward to that Larry. Made final payment yesterday.

• Like 7

Linda looks great after going through her hand surgery..  I hope she doesn't hurt too very much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ouch!  Poor Charlie.  I do hope and pray that all is well with his biopsy results.  How is he feeling?🙏