Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after our 14 night cruise visiting.

Tenerife.

Gran canaria.

Lanzarote.

Madeira.

Lisbon.

La Corunna.

I'm sorry I couldn't say anything before we got home.

IMG_20231121_131600.jpg

IMG_20231121_072044.jpg

IMG_20231119_094413.jpg

IMG_20231117_131212.jpg

IMG_20231116_111019.jpg

Beautiful photos.   Was it chilly out at sea or are these areas still warm this time of year? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good to hear from you.  😍  Sounds like a fun filled week.   

I keep hearing about sous vide - someday I have to try it.

Last year I went to order seeds from MiGardener early January and they were out of a lot that I wanted so we plant some left over seeds and I picked up a bunch of Burpee seeds at Lowes.    Our garden did not thrive this past year either because of old seeds and/or the weather where we had lots of rain and lots of humidity this past summer.

So this year I ordered my seeds from MiGardener as soon as I got the emal that 2024 seeds were available.    They arrived this past week.   I am trying something new to us - Poona Kherra Cucumber, Purple Cayenne Peppers and Lemon Drop Aji Peppers.   

I plan on putting the seed packets in Eric's stocking as he is in charge of starting the seeds and I manage the plants once they are outside.    I hope this coming garden season is better.

I'll have to check out MiGardener.  I'm not familiar with them.  Doug is the gardener in our house.  I'm not allowed to touch anything green. 😄    We have a couple of Aero Gardens that he starts the seeds in before it warms up enough to transfer them outside.  It seems to work out pretty well.

Edit - Just checked their website.  Looks like they have a store about an hour from our home.

Edited by ValerieJo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can you please check internet pricing for me please. Trying to decide whether to buy pre cruise or wait. Depending on price, if I wait and buy on board I might wait until midnight after we leave Coco Cay. That way with my D+ discount I'll only have to pay for 4 days.

Internet was $29 per day on the Wonder a few weeks ago.

20 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Yep, this.  

"Hello!  I'd like to pay for a three year world cruise."

"Fantastic!  We'll take your money, no problem."

"What ship will this be on?"

"Don't worry, you'll be on a luxurious cruise ship...just like home."

"But what ship is it?"

"Oh, we've got a bunch of contracts signed.  Don't worry...we'll have one by embarkation day."

"Alrighty then, sign me up!!!"

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yep, exactly!

Same response from me. A non-established line with no ship ownership at all, it’s a hard no.  Not a good starting point and lord knows where the cruise would actually end when they run out of funds to pay for fuel, crew etc…

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Jimbo Good Morning America Sunday did a segment this morning about the cruise to nowhere.  You can find it at 42 minutes.  Two women are interviewed and one mentions no insurance company would touch it.  

I wonder if it was medical coverage or the cost of the actual cruise. The insurance not covering it would have been another red flag for me.

Thankfully I’m not planning for a world cruise at the moment. I feel for those stuck in limbo. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I wonder if it was medical coverage or the cost of the actual cruise. The insurance not covering it would have been another red flag for me.

Thankfully I’m not planning for a world cruise at the moment. I feel for those stuck in limbo. 

Probably 2 simple reason as to why no insurance Company would cover it.

1. The amount of a cruise  3 years long is so high, they just didn't want to chance it and wipe out their company if they should have more then a few insured on this cruise.

2. I have never heard of a WC being so long 3 years. So no other insurance company had anything  to judge how to handle insurance for cruise being so long in time like this one. So  really they had nothing to base this off of to even know what to charge for this kind of vacation.

Longer at sea the more that can go wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No, but I wish I was as from what I read, it was a pretty exciting game.  Rangers have been playing with a vengeance this year, no doubt fueled by lasts years disappointing early playoff exit,  Of course, there is still 4 more months in the regular season so fingers-crossed they are playing this well come April.

My son in law the fanatic Ranger fan and family went to the game.He said it was a great game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Probably 2 simple reason as to why no insurance Company would cover it.

1. The amount of a cruise  3 years long is so high, they just didn't want to chance it and wipe out their company if they should have more then a few insured on this cruise.

2. I have never heard of a WC being so long 3 years. So no other insurance company had anything  to judge how to handle insurance for cruise being so long in time like this one. So  really they had nothing to base this off of to even know what to charge for this kind of vacation.

Longer at sea the more that can go wrong.

The cost at the low end started at 30K /yr and one interviewee was paying in that range.  J ‘s WC is in the 70K neighborhood for fewer months. Super M in an interview told us he averages ~ 80K /yr .for an inside cabin with no frills like specialty restaurants.  You’ll be able to read about J’s adventures on that other social media platform. He intends to post frequently according to L . You can register with a nom de plume .  Just inform of your screen name or use it . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thank you so much! It was my first holiday “single” in 9 years. I spent it with family and had a wonderful time.

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.16dd22076a09b93c03c29ef9d35655ac.jpeg

next weekend we will be in Park City, UT for my cousins wedding. I went shopping with her yesterday to see if I could find a dress but decided to stick with one I have from a 2019 cruise instead. i tried on my outfit last night just to be sure it still fit. IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.3a0aac264f2f95b37c181c4a8504ef46.jpeg

I’ve never been to Utah, so really looking forward to it. First wedding “single” as well. Hopefully I’m not an emotional mess, but I think it’ll be good.

Stunning ! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good to hear from you.  😍  Sounds like a fun filled week.   

I keep hearing about sous vide - someday I have to try it.

Last year I went to order seeds from MiGardener early January and they were out of a lot that I wanted so we plant some left over seeds and I picked up a bunch of Burpee seeds at Lowes.    Our garden did not thrive this past year either because of old seeds and/or the weather where we had lots of rain and lots of humidity this past summer.

So this year I ordered my seeds from MiGardener as soon as I got the emal that 2024 seeds were available.    They arrived this past week.   I am trying something new to us - Poona Kherra Cucumber, Purple Cayenne Peppers and Lemon Drop Aji Peppers.   

I plan on putting the seed packets in Eric's stocking as he is in charge of starting the seeds and I manage the plants once they are outside.    I hope this coming garden season is better.

This year I planted jalapenos from last year's seeds.  After awhile I realized that a few of them cross pollinated with bell peppers. 

Next year I plan to only plant some Orange Kentucky Beef Stake tomatoes from seed.  The other seeds I will buy.

With it getting hard to work the garden I am changing things up.  2 full beds of garlic which are already planted and will harvest mid June.  Instead of 50+ tomato plants there will be maybe 25+.  My bed of peppers did great again.  The only change I will make there is that I will replace the bell pepper with Jimmy Nardello.   People loved the JN. I was surprised how many of the Orange Bell peppers where passed up.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's such a great idea!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The cost at the low end started at 30K /yr and one interviewee was paying in that range.  J ‘s WC is in the 70K neighborhood for fewer months. Super M in an interview told us he averages ~ 80K /yr .for an inside cabin with no frills like specialty restaurants.  You’ll be able to read about J’s adventures on that other social media platform. He intends to post frequently according to L . You can register with a nom de plume .  Just inform of your screen name or use it . 

So Royals price for the WC was much higher then?  36 months compared to 9 months. Per day cost?

39 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thank you so much! It was my first holiday “single” in 9 years. I spent it with family and had a wonderful time.

next weekend we will be in Park City, UT for my cousins wedding. I went shopping with her yesterday to see if I could find a dress but decided to stick with one I have from a 2019 cruise instead. i tried on my outfit last night just to be sure it still fit. IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.3a0aac264f2f95b37c181c4a8504ef46.jpeg

I’ve never been to Utah, so really looking forward to it. First wedding “single” as well. Hopefully I’m not an emotional mess, but I think it’ll be good.

Gorgeous!!!  Go and enjoy yourself Crystal with your family!

2 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Just checked their website.  Looks like they have a store about an hour from our home.

If you go there consider their fertilizer Trifecta+ . It works great.   It cost to have it shipped.  

I just checked out their website and it's on sale!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photos.   Was it chilly out at sea or are these areas still warm this time of year? 

We sat on our balcony every day.

Temperature around 77°F in Tenerife, Lanzarote,Gran Canaria and Madeira.

The first 3 days sailing from Southampton around the Bay of Biscay it was 57-67°F and the last day from La Corunna to Southampton it was 57-40°F.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.16dd22076a09b93c03c29ef9d35655ac.jpeg

Beautiful photos Crystal.