Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

Came home and went to regular doctor. He gave me something for nerve pain, that I couldn't tolerate, and more antibiotics for my ear. Finally went to ENT, who correctly diagnosed a shingles lesion on my eardrum. He said I was lucky I didn't lose my hearing and didn't have any scarring. My hearing test was fine. And he prescribed a couple of weeks of a steroid, which finally cleared it up. 

It was the most miserable experience. This fall, I have had shots for RSV, flu and then Covid on Thursday. Maybe January, I will start the Shingles vaccines. 

Wow.  You are so lucky that you didn't lose your hearing.  I'm so sorry this happened during your cruise.  Miserable experience indeed!  You poor thing!  Mine was all across my bra line, mid-front all the way to mid-back, so there was no wearing bras for quite a while, but at least it was hidden.  My Goddaughter had it on her face, luckily it just missed her eye.  She was only 14 years old, so apparently, you can get it at any age.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I subscribed to her youtube channel since she had nice videos from Colorado, and all content is gone.  I believe the name is her married name,  she may have changed it,

I hope Crystal is OK and just disconnecting for a while.  I highly doubt that she's in trouble here for anything that she posted.  She seems like such a nice person.

• Like 16

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow is my youngest daughters 46th. birthday.We will be celebrating on the weekend.

Wishing the happiest of Birthdays as your daughter celebrates here 46 Birthday tomorrow!🌹

4 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Tomorrow is my oldest sons 44th birthday.  We will be celebrating this weekend as well.   Happy Birthday to your daughter. 🙂

Hoping your son has a wonderful time tomorrow as he celebrates his special 44th Birthday!🎈

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

happy Birthday to both yours and Lenny’s.  Today is my second son’s birthday.  It seems like yesterday he was born, 46 today.  Sigh

Happy, Happy Birthday to your dear son on his 46th Birthday today, Marietta!🎈

So the main question that we never can seem to find the answer to:  Where does the time go?  We blink, and our child is no longer a child, but a wonderful, engaging adult.

• Thanks 3

A couple of things.

Happy Birthday wishes to all those having birthdays coming up. 

As far as the comments on Live reviews I am not going to respond as to say a lot of us work hard in time to provide readers of this forum our experiences out at sea on a ship. We can’t control all the other comments and side chatter that people including those here post. I would hope that people would respect the original poster’s intention and not turn a live review into a free for all.

Sad to report that Linda and I have cancelled our April 1st Beyond 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise. We angonized over it but feel with Linda’s shoulder surgery on December 26th and me scheduling a hernia surgery will not give us enough time in rehab to really do this physically. It’s not like we don’t have cruises coming up. Navigator in October, Bella 2, Bella 2.5 in February of 2025 and Bella 3 in January of 2026. We will try again and book Beyond but I’m sure the prices will be more expensive by then. Oh well.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Sad to report that Linda and I have cancelled our April 1st Beyond 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise. We angonized over it but feel with Linda’s shoulder surgery on December 26th and me scheduling a hernia surgery will not give us enough time in rehab to really do this physically. It’s not like we don’t have cruises coming up. Navigator in October, Bella 2, Bella 2.5 in February of 2025 and Bella 3 in January of 2026. We will try again and book Beyond but I’m sure the prices will be more expensive by then. Oh well.

As hard as it was to do, cancelling the cruise is the right decision.  Still sucks though.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wishing the happiest of Birthdays as your daughter celebrates here 46 Birthday tomorrow!🌹

Hoping your son has a wonderful time tomorrow as he celebrates his special 44th Birthday!🎈

Happy, Happy Birthday to your dear son on his 46th Birthday today, Marietta!🎈

So the main question that we never can seem to find the answer to:  Where does the time go?  We blink, and our child is no longer a child, but a wonderful, engaging adult.

Thanks,Maryann.We are all blessed to have wonderful children and grandkids.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of things.

As far as the comments on Live reviews I am not going to respond as to say a lot of us work hard in time to provide readers of this forum our experiences out at sea on a ship. We can’t control all the other comments and side chatter that people including those here post. I would hope that people would respect the original poster’s intention and not turn a live review into a free for all.

Very sorry you need to cancel your beyond cruise, i think you both would have enjoyed it . 

• Like 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

As hard as it was to do, cancelling the cruise is the right decision.  Still sucks though.

The surgeon thought she could go but my therapist who also does rotator cuff surgery rehabs says no way will she be ready. Also I need to get this hernia fixed and usually you can’t lift anything heavy for 8 weeks and I can’t schedule surgery till after 3 months of my knee replacement which would put surgery around mid February. That would be cutting it close.

• Like 10

Just now, Sea Dog said:

The surgeon thought she could go but my therapist who also does rotator cuff surgery rehabs says no way will she be ready. Also I need to get this hernia fixed and usually you can’t lift anything heavy for 8 weeks and I can’t schedule surgery till after 3 months of my knee replacement which would put surgery around mid February. That would be cutting it close.

It is for the best but still hurts!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of things.

I watched a youtube video made by a couple who did a short cruise on Celebrity Ascent.  Quite an impressive ship.  Maybe someday we will try Celebrity again. 

• Like 4

Sad to report that Linda and I have cancelled our April 1st Beyond 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise.

Hate that for you but I think it's a wise decision.   Sharon has had shoulder surgery.   The rehab is very important.  I hope all goes well. 

• Like 6

A couple of things.

So sorry you’ve decided to cancel your cruise.  I’m sure it was a difficult decision.  As someone who has had rotator cuff surgery, it’s not an easy surgery to go through and it does have a fairly long recovery period.  I’m sending positive thoughts for healing for you both. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

I watched a youtube video made by a couple who did a short cruise on Celebrity Ascent.  Quite an impressive ship.  Maybe someday we will try Celebrity again. 

I love celebrity new Edge class , entertainment is really good, love there new martini bars. Even better if a suite is in your budget but their suite prices are really high. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I’d like to sail on Ascent. Looks like a beautiful ship.

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hate that for you but I think it's a wise decision.   Sharon has had shoulder surgery.   The rehab is very important.  I hope all goes well. 

Thanks John!

1 minute ago, ValerieJo said:

So sorry you’ve decided to cancel your cruise.  I’m sure it was a difficult decision.  As someone who has had rotator cuff surgery, it’s not an easy surgery to go through and it does have a fairly long recovery period.  I’m sending positive thoughts for healing for you both. 

Good to know Valerie, thank you.

You are definitely doing the right thing cancelling Greg.

Best wishes that you both recover completely and can enjoy your next cruise fully.

• Like 4

Just now, George C said:

I love celebrity new Edge class , entertainment is really good, love there new martini bars. Even better if a suite is in your budget but their suite prices are really high. 

Most of our cruises on X where Sky Suites. When I saw all of the extras you get with that now, I said wow. All we had was a butler, and I never figured out to do with him.  He did bring treats everyday. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Gee Greg, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be going on your Beyond cruise this April, but you and Linda have certainly made the right decision.  You both have to take care of yourselves, especially so that you can cruise without any worries or pain.  The ship is always going to be there for you.  No worries, you'll get on the Beyond, just at a later date.  Luckily, you've got a great TA who is more than willing to help you out..wink, wink!😉

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of things.

Sorry to hear this Greg.  You guys must be so disappointed.  Get yourselves in tip top physical shape and then go enjoy the world!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are definitely doing the right thing cancelling Greg.

Best wishes that you both recover completely and can enjoy your next cruise fully.

Thank you Graham!

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Gee Greg, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be going on your Beyond cruise this April, but you and Linda have certainly made the right decision.  You both have to take care of yourselves, especially so that you can cruise without any worries or pain.  The ship is always going to be there for you.  No worries, you'll get on the Beyond, just at a later date.  Luckily, you've got a great TA who is more than willing to help you out..wink, wink!😉

Thank you Maryann. Yes it does help to have an excellent TA who took care of everything and was very understanding. 😉

• Like 4