Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

When we sailed on the September repo cruise on Serenade Eric lost a credit card on the ship.

When he realized it was missing he reported as lost/stolen to cap one.   

A couple days after the cruise was over he got a notification that someone tried to purchase something on e-books,  then a week late some online music site, tonight he got another notification someone tried to use on Amazon.   

We're surprised they keep trying and surprised he keeps getting notifications since the card was cancelled and replaced.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's our celebration -- DH's "pancake potatoes" (aka latkes) this evening.

@Tree_skier  Dave, it's all in the "batter" 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.fd18c846481396210757dfd035e6bb65.jpeg

That looks delicious!  My mom used to make potato pancakes from "scratch"  Oh, how I loved it when she made them!

Happy Hanukkah to you, your DH, and to your family and friends, Dani.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They just said on the news that actor Ryan O'Neil passed away. His movie "Love Story" was quite the tear jerker in its day.

Many of us named our daughters Jennifer after reading the book!  Our daughter Jen has several friends named Jennifer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Many of us named our daughters Jennifer after reading the book!  Our daughter Jen has several friends named Jennifer.

One of my all time favorite movies.  My stepdaughter is named Jennifer.  I remember reading the book when I was in high school.  I stayed up all night and read the book in one night.  Bawling my eyes out the entire time. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I had an urgent call from my old firm, to come in and help a couple of the young engineers with a project.  So I spent the morning with them, and helped them out. 

Then, this afternoon was the firm’s Christmas luncheon.  I got there a couple minutes early, so I stopped at the bar and ordered a yuengling draft to take in to the dining room.  Asked the bartender how much, and she said $1.  Me: That’s it?  Is it Happy hour?   Her: No, that is the price, all day, every day!

I totally missed the sign on the way in. 

IMG_9495.thumb.jpeg.5170e80f031e18d94a050e0fc342ead6.jpeg

I can’t remember how many years it has been since I had a $1 beer. 

Great price for the beer.  We enjoy Yingling, however we can’t get it in Michigan.  ☹️.  We have to drive down to Ohio to get it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

One of my all time favorite movies.  My stepdaughter is named Jennifer.  I remember reading the book when I was in high school.  I stayed up all night and read the book in one night.  Bawling my eyes out the entire time. 

It was such a great book!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That looks delicious!  My mom used to make potato pancakes from "scratch"  Oh, how I loved it when she made them!

My mom also made the best latkes ever.  So crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.  To this day I never attempt to make them myself because I know nothing I make can ever come close to mom's.

Any by the way, count my daughter as another Jennifer.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 7

On 12/7/2023 at 1:16 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

I don’t know how all y’all keep up here with all the pre holiday activity!

First off, Happy Hanukkah to all here who celebrate.

@Sea Dog Greg there’s nothing more I can add that the others haven’t already said regarding the “postponement” (not going to call it a cancellation) of your Beyond cruise.  I’m sure it was a tough decision but you and Linda will enjoy it so much more in good health.  Hope the knee is coming along. 

I was sorry to read the news that Singinalot/Crystal is no longer here in the CC universe.  Her reviews were wonderful and she will definitely be missed. 

Andy and I recently started watching How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix. We’re not big fans of regular network TV shows, but this one….wow.  I’m shocked it was even on a major network.  We’re a little more than halfway through the 6 seasons and are totally binge watching it.  I highly recommend it if you like cliffhangers. 

Did Singinalot say she would not be posting anymore??

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just when I think I’ve seen all of them an episode comes along I had not seen. So many favourites I couldn’t just name one favourite moment. A couple favourites though are Rusty (the horse), JFK’s golf clubs and the contest. 

That’s so cool.

I never tire of watching Seinfeld .The wife of a CC regular graduated HS with Jerry Seinfeld .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Toby makes them from “scratch”.She made several dozen last night and will make more during the week.We had 6 family members for dinner tonight and will have 6 tomorrow night.I think I already posted that on December 24 we are celebrating with about 40 people .Although the holiday will be over there are many kids who are in college and not coming home till Dec.21.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just when I think I’ve seen all of them an episode comes along I had not seen. So many favourites I couldn’t just name one favourite moment. A couple favourites though are Rusty (the horse), JFK’s golf clubs and the contest. 

Rusty the horse was featured in one of my favorite episodes, "The Rye".  Poor Rusty, eating all of those canned beans! "The Contest" was also another winner, forgive the pun 🤣 Just when I think of one of my favorites, another one pops in my head.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We fly to Australia in 7 weeks.  Silly us didn’t even think/ know about cyclone season when we booked our adventures. Hoping things will be quiet then.  Our itinerary has already changed quite a bit.  They added a couple of overnights and dropped several ports of call including the one in Indonesia.  No one has control of the weather though.

You are not silly.  It just happens that cruise ship companies send their ships to our shores for the summer season and a portion of the itineraries are in areas that have the possibility of being impacted by cyclones.

Wishing you calm seas & glorious weather whilst you are here.

• Like 2

Hot & Humid Saturday in Sydney.   DH headed off early for a swim at the beach and said the water was glorious.

I decided to go into the city for Christmas shopping.  Crossing over the bridge, I could see Celebrity Edge docked at the OPT and Quantum of the Seas moored off Taronga Zoo.  Quantum was due to cruise to FNQ from Brisbane but got diverted down South due to the looming cyclone - their new itinerary started with  with an overnight stay in Sydney Harbour.

A little bit of Christmas in the city:

Carollers at the QVB5AB24C2E-A200-49F3-8A24-930C5CF3E2A4.thumb.jpeg.b1399d072a79f449dd92e17e3676d8ae.jpeg

Strand Arcade1241E4B9-FD7D-4330-B717-FA6227E14C85.thumb.jpeg.2293f270402db61fed7c2062a93a3934.jpeg

Martin Place

DA9DAE58-1512-4104-9E12-AAFE4292CEDA.thumb.jpeg.00f44e69310ddfbd44eecb9f01d3f266.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

A big new Lego store opened up in the CBD a couple of weeks ago.  Now that the initial excitement has worn off & the crowds have eased, it was time to visit.A84238B7-BFB7-4E24-8CC5-ABEE724E471B.thumb.jpeg.7ef9b4a5fb9471812c6e5c3e4584ffd6.jpeg

66C799FC-5A33-4C5F-9934-A285D21D8842.thumb.jpeg.b6e69fc9992ae321ce2e065d99c613f6.jpeg

B9A7F0E5-7C66-4DEE-A3E0-21FC00FC038D.thumb.jpeg.044632c68b116742ad1889ffd73f61a4.jpeg

Just for OB @Ocean Boy - the Lego creators added a red-back spider onto the tree.  There also a mechanical lighthouse.

(Sadly no Lego model of your Billionaire BFF)1CD88950-A65B-43AF-825E-4600103A76B9.thumb.jpeg.086370cadba0b958846cfd311bd88bd5.jpeg

A07F4EFD-0A0A-432A-812E-9145E0FCC2FF.thumb.jpeg.eda1847791d45c74d17bafdae24307e8.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Australia is Definitely on our list.

The long flight has been a deterrent up to now.

Pauline's cousin wants us to stay with them in Adelaide so next year or 2025 is something we will be looking at.

Ironically we paid for a 30 day Royal Caribbean cruise in a balcony cabin flights and hotel  stays around Australia and New Zealand 10 years ago including spending money for Pauline's sister and her husband who we have not been on friendly terms with for 9 years.

I am so sorry your generosity was followed by a complete falling out.  I am glad you still have the lovely Sarah in your lives though.

Should your visit to Australia include a visit to Sydney, I would love for us to find a way to connect. Commitments permitting,   It would be a pleasure to take you and Pauline out to lunch and show you the beauty of the Northern Beaches for a day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am so sorry your generosity was followed by a complete falling out.  I am glad you still have the lovely Sarah in your lives though.

Should your visit to Australia include a visit to Sydney, I would love for us to find a way to connect. Commitments permitting,   It would be a pleasure to take you and Pauline out to lunch and show you the beauty of the Northern Beaches for a day.

Thank you.

That is so kind of you.

Pauline and i would love to see Sydney and would stay in a hotel for a few nights before and after a cruise if we came to Australia.

• Like 6