Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 12/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, Ocean Boy said:

If alcohol is keeping you awake then you had best rest up as you won't be getting much sleep in February.☺️

I’ll definitely work on it, but the problem is we have the Icon cruse right before this one. With John and Ken and m not sure who else will be there, something tells me I’m going to be very, very tired. 😆🍹🍹🍹

On 12/4/2023 at 1:15 AM, George C said:

Our harmony cruise did have a very cute medium sized dog who we saw in suite lounge and other restaurants, had barked a couple of times but it was extremely friendly (service dog) I asked if he went on many cruises and was told he was diamond plus 😁, from what I understand cruise line charges a couple of hundred a day for a service animal.

I believe it’s illegal to charge for a true service animal.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, sgmn said:

We don't get it on the NHS until 70, though they are lowering that to 65. I could pay privately but I think it around £500

That’s too bad since a lot of people get it before that age. 500 pounds sounds like a lot for a vaccine that people should be able to get for free or at least cheap at any age.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Ozark_Kid ... and all you other Samsung users.. I was wondering if you received the updated to UI6.0 yet? I got it last Friday. I've been exploring it a bit but so far I'm not finding too much that I want to do that I couldn't do before.🤔

I had been getting notifications that a new update was available for a couple weeks and finally updated it yesterday.   I just looked and it is still 5.1.  So no, not 6.0.  I assume I haven’t since I wasn't up to date and I think you get it sooner since you have a newer phone. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Ozark_Kid ... and all you other Samsung users.. I was wondering if you received the updated to UI6.0 yet? I got it last Friday. I've been exploring it a bit but so far I'm not finding too much that I want to do that I couldn't do before.🤔

Yes, we also received the update.   Always a bit nervous of updates but this one didn't seem to impact anything so far...   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Samsung Users

Do any of you use Bixby?  I have not taken the time to set it up.

On an anti-Samsung and pro Samsung topic.  I ordered a new MacBook Pro 3 Max.  I think it cost as much as my first car.  I ordered a Samsung T9 SSD drive.

jc

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The bit at the end of the Seinfeld finale, when they're in jail, talking about the shirt collar button, was taken from the Seinfeld pilot.

I liked the finale, good to see everyone come back. Not only didn't it go over well with some viewers but Jerry and his cohorts weren't thrilled with it either either.

I agree with most who responded.  For me, no way, no how.  Not an experience on my bucket list.

Friends of ours went one NYE in the 90's and said they were thankful they were able to finally escape the Times Square mob.  Awful experience.  Her husband talked her into going.  For years after, she never let him forget it.

I am basing my experience from 1962 .Apparently it is a lot different now.

However,it is still something that many people say they wish they had gone to at least once.I equate it to going to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in person.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have the same bathroom issue. Turn on the "fasten seat belt" sign and I have to go. I think I know where every public bathroom in NYC and Boston are located.

When my brother and I were younger and we traveled and cruised as a family our mother  would sometimes remark that we didn't miss any bathroom that we encountered.

The bathrooms at Sak’s Fifth Avenue are the cleanest public bathrooms I ever used.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am basing my experience from 1962 .Apparently it is a lot different now.

However,it is still something that many people say they wish they had gone to at least once.I equate it to going to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in person.

I once went to NYC for 4th of July fireworks on the East River. I won't be doing that again anytime soon either.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I once went to NYC for 4th of July fireworks on the East River. I won't be doing that again anytime soon either.

I never did that .When we moved to LI in 2003 we went to a local 4th.of July concert followed by fireworks.It took several hours to get out of the parking area.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You want crying?  I got teary eyed at the last Howdy Doody episode when Clarabelle spoke for the first and last time and said with a sad sigh "goodbye kids"

People who sacrificed for us so that we can enjoy our freedom have my eternal gratitude.

I loved Howdy Doody.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Probably lots older.  No worries. There's always someone older than me. I grew up in a time with no computers, no cell phones, no cable tv, girls had to wear skirts or dresses to school.  Simpler times for sure.

BTW I have never seen even one episode of Star Trek but I'm nice in spite of it. 😉

Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock shows scared me lots.

I am older than you 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

That’s another reason we fly , while drinking doubles😁

we watched a interesting movie on Netflix yesterday “leave the world behind “ great cast , very suspenseful, weird ending.

We can't both fly, our house in PA is in a very rural area so need a car, besides DH brings various tools back and forth in case needed along with various linens I take back and forth, no washing machine there so need to beung them all back to wash.  Basically too much crap goes back and forth to fly.   It is usually between a 10 and 11 hour drive.  I download shows to my tablet to keep me occupied. 

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We did that once,  I think 86 for the big staue of liberty celebration, told my husband never again.  Yes it was beautiful show but I am not a crowds person.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me too

The first show I remember watching was Milton Berle .Only one family in the apartment house I grew up in had a TV .Neighbors were invited to the apartment every week .My parents bought there first TV in 1952 .It was a black and white screen console .The brand was Andrea.