Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh, Maryann, I wish I knew.  Jack and I don't drink (Jack never, me hardly) but we hung out at the Schooner Bar to be with the Bella gang.  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Carol and Andy and would have loved going back and forth from their table to the Bella group at the bar.  Plus, we weren't Diamond so we never could attend Happy Hour.  Most nights I didn't have a seat when I wasn't drinking and I just about killed my ankle standing so much.

Thank you, Bonnie.  I know you were hurting.  They are such great beautiful friends of ours, who always keep us laughing, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings, while still getting to "hang" with my Bella friends.  I love them dearly. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you so much for confirming my initial thoughts!  We’ll figure out some other arrangement. Maybe them cruising with us the week before Bella 2.0 or 3.0, then Andy and I stay on for B2B.  

That's a great idea, Deb!  I'm glad I could help.🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Three day drive to Florida, then an 8 night on Symphony to Aruba, Curaçao, and Labadee.  Then a beach house in Pompano Beach for the holidays, and our kids and grandkids will join us at the house.  Stopping at the Villages after the new year, to see how the swingers live, then to Port Canaveral for a short sailing on Allure.   

Looking forward to all of it.  Well, maybe not the swingers part.  Friends of ours bought a house in the Villages, and they wanted to show us around.  

swingers? 😲

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I spotted a couple in that photo who we shared a table on a cruise a few years ago. Gary keeps up with them on fb and we met them when they were in London 

I’m sure they’ll have lots to post on f b .  I keep in touch with a couple we met ten years ago on a cruise . Their son was stationed here and we had him over for dinner. It’s a small world. 

I enjoy your pics of the U.K. . Lucky you to live in such a great location. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The weather app says we are having light rain. It sounds like a monsoon has moved in.

Maybe the weather app got our locations mixed up. It had been calling for monsoon-like weather all day with damaging winds, power outages, flooding & possible road closures. A couple of towns near me were handing out sandbags to residents.

So far, just light on and off drizzle.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe the weather app got our locations mixed up. It had been calling for monsoon-like weather all day with damaging winds, power outages, flooding & possible road closures. A couple of towns near me were handing out sandbags to residents.

My area supposedly will have winds of 45-50 mph between 10PM and 2 AM.Currently the wind is 19 mph.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Three day drive to Florida, then an 8 night on Symphony to Aruba, Curaçao, and Labadee.  Then a beach house in Pompano Beach for the holidays, and our kids and grandkids will join us at the house.  Stopping at the Villages after the new year, to see how the swingers live, then to Port Canaveral for a short sailing on Allure.   

Looking forward to all of it.  Well, maybe not the swingers part.  Friends of ours bought a house in the Villages, and they wanted to show us around.  

Sounds like you got quite the trip planned with a little bit of everything sprinkled in.  Enjoy!  Don't forget to post pics. 

I stayed in Pompano Beach post-cruise as few times. Nice little town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sounds like a great trip and have fun... except not so much at the swingers' village!

• Like 1

We are extremely happy with the very close last minute win by Buffalo Bills, considering they lost their last several games in 4 quarter. Shelagh can taste food again but her favorite wines do not seem ok yet. We will celebrate with pizza for my wife and a meatball parmigiana sandwich for me . Two weeks ago we were watching Bills lose to Eagles in our suite and room steward was concerned about the yelling from our cabin.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Same forecast here.   We've had lots of rain and wind is just starting to pick up. 

Watching my inflatable grinch and minion flopping around.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have the wind and light rain.  Fingers crossed that will be all🤞🙏

We've been having heavy rain and wind since this afternoon.  We got our tree late morning, and got it into the house just before the sky opened up.

Jim has a doctor's appointment tomorrow on Staten Island, and according to the weather app on my phone, the rain should be stopping here and on Staten Island around the time he'll be leaving here, thank goodness!

• Like 3