Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So now that we canceled our Beyond sailing we are thinking of taking that money and putting it into some permanent outdoor house lighting not only for Christmas but all year round. It’s from a company called Jellyfish Lighting. It’s all LED programmable and just about every color imaginable. Hers a video. What do you think? It’s not cheap around $3800 but it’s cheaper than what we would spend on our cruise. Either do something like this or just save the money for another cruise. Thoughts?

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I need to see if I can get that Hooten Young around here.

I love OF 1910 very solid. Never seen WT Father and Son sounds great. I am a big fan of WT Rare Breed. I’d love to taste the Elijah Craig 18 year. I bet it was really good.

Cheers!

I have been a fan of wild turkey ever since hearing the song “up against the wall redneck mothers “ , I have a bottle of 101 and rare breed , but need to be careful with rare breed I believe it’s 116.8 proof. As for your money i would choose another cruise, wife we go for home improvements.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I have been a fan of wild turkey ever since hearing the song “up against the wall redneck mothers “ , I have a bottle of 101 and rare breed , but need to be careful with rare breed I believe it’s 116.8 proof. As for your money i would choose another cruise, wife we go for home improvements.

Yes I have to pace myself with Rare Breed. Strong stuff but so smooth.

Yes I’m torn on this decision. I see advantages to both.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

Well it’s official. 

Today I completed 67 orbits around the sun. 

I am thrilled for everyday waking up healthy wealthy ( kinda sorta) and wise. 

As I grow older I really do appreciate what life has to offer and take nothing for granted. 

Also  I am honored to be part of a great home family as well as all my new found friends here on the best thread Cruise Critic has to offer. 

So for now. 
For many reasons. Too many to list. 

Thank you for being you. 

All my love. 

Sue

AKA the Birthday Girl. 

Happy Birthday Birthday Girl!  Your words are great.  I love seeing those that do not just take everything for granted and appreciate the life that they have been blessed with.  Have a great day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So now that we canceled our Beyond sailing we are thinking of taking that money and putting it into some permanent outdoor house lighting not only for Christmas but all year round. It’s from a company called Jellyfish Lighting. It’s all LED programmable and just about every color imaginable. Hers a video. What do you think? It’s not cheap around $3800 but it’s cheaper than what we would spend on our cruise. Either do something like this or just save the money for another cruise. Thoughts?

I say go for the lights, you will get a much longer enjoyment out of those for years and years then a 1 week cruise.

Looks really neat!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We had a bed like that, but it was 2 separate mattreses. I like to read with the head raised, while DH has his beauty sleep 😉

I am guessing they are all 2 mattresses set next to each other.  Do you remember the brand?  I need my head raised to breathe well at night. 

• Like 1

Take the cash and hire a caregiver for after Linda’s surgery.  You probably already have someone coming in to clean your beautiful home . . 

• Like 2

Another Cruise!   

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No brainer, at least for me... A CRUISE !!!

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I say go for the lights, you will get a much longer enjoyment out of those for years and years then a 1 week cruise.

Looks really neat!

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I agree with Dani.

20 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Take the cash and hire a caregiver for after Linda’s surgery.  You probably already have someone coming in to clean your beautiful home . . 

12 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Another Cruise!   

Thanks everyone for your input it will help us make a decision. We are not rushing it if we do the lights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am guessing they are all 2 mattresses set next to each other.  Do you remember the brand?  I need my head raised to breathe well at night. 

Latoflex.

I've found the site only in Italian. Basically, as you said, you absolutely need 2, otherwise it will raise also Sharon's part too...

https://www.latoflex.it/latoflex-premium

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure of the proper name, does anyone have a bed that you can raise the head on one side of a king size bed?  I am thinking raising the bed might be more comfortable than using 2 or 3 pillows to raise my head.

Posturepedic and a few other companies make adjustable bed frames. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure of the proper name, does anyone have a bed that you can raise the head on one side of a king size bed?  I am thinking raising the bed might be more comfortable than using 2 or 3 pillows to raise my head.

I have a King bed that one can raise the head and legs/feet. We got it from Mattress Firm. It is actually the mattress not the bed fame that raises up and down and goes zero gravity as well. It is available in Split King as well, where each side has its own control, which may be better so you could adjust to your own comfort level. It is a Serta i Series Hybrid mattress, on a frame. The frame has adjustable legs and you can have them adjusted when they deliver.

Such thing also comes in  Tempurpedic but that one is very expensive. Worth checking it out though.

The Split King mattress is about $1000 more than the Serta King, but it is great for two people who want the same bed but different levels of inclines. etc

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Poor Sherlock.  I am finally going to meet him next Sunday.IMG_0235.thumb.jpeg.77295cf1db25e7573270a89460f175c0.jpeg

He looks adorable!

My daughter makes her dog wear a raincoat....and the poor thing just looks at me with puppy eyes. She says she is too old to play with dolls so she dresses her dog some times.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input it will help us make a decision. We are not rushing it if we do the lights.

Greg, you probably don't have to worry about it, but our subdivision has restrictions on "downlighting" in the soffits so there is no way we could do that!  Therefore, I say cruise!

• Like 3