Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Weather forecast for Sydney today brought to you by the week long TS media coverage here:4EF70CF1-3882-4EDC-BBAB-E463DBA8A3C3.thumb.jpeg.5fbc4ffccb5fc2b1d90043f30c7d15e9.jpeg

Im sure if lightning could be an issue they will postpone. Can’t see them doing a concert in a pouring down rain storm. Good news is Travis has already landed and they went to the zoo today.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Im sure if lightning could be an issue they will postpone. Can’t see them doing a concert in a pouring down rain storm. Good news is Travis has already landed and they went to the zoo today.

A9F989DA-935B-41E5-9FC6-4C8CDF6A602B.jpeg.13a48ba833dc5bd79dac67e120853ffd.jpeg

We had a nasty storm come through on Monday.  Four people were sheltering under a tree in the Botanical Gardens next to the Sydney Opera House and were taken to hospital after a lightning bolt hit the tree. Paramedic said they were lucky to survive.

Same day, my brother & his wife were on a bushwalk and a long way from their car when the storm came through. The experience really shook them up All they could only think about was their son  (an only child) would be left an orphan if they got hit by lightning.  Thankfully they eventually made it to their car safely.

Yep, TS & KC visited Sydney Zoo.  Newest addition to the zoos in Sydney located in the Western Suburbs.  A zoo that I’ve never visited and unlikely to but I suspect  a good choice as much quieter than the well known zoos here.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Aussie, me thinks raisins are more in Andrew's "department" 😉

30 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ah, thanks for the correction!

They are not in my department let alone in my wheelhouse. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah pricing is outrageous. Looked at a 7 night from San Juan on Rhapsody and it was over $3200 for a balcony. Most we ever pause for a 7 nighter out of SJ was $2500.

You should check out MSc yacht club , my balcony is 3k but insides are under 2k, ship within a ship , with butler , free WiFi , free premium liquor , private pool hot tubs , indoor and outdoor restaurants and bars , fantastic lounge with live music from 5 to 11. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are not in my department let alone in my wheelhouse. 😂

Personally, I’ve loved rum & raisin flavour since I was a kid - especially in ice-cream  The “rum” always felt grown up..,

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, George C said:

You should check out MSc yacht club , my balcony is 3k but insides are under 2k, ship within a ship , with butler , free WiFi , free premium liquor , private pool hot tubs , indoor and outdoor restaurants and bars , fantastic lounge with live music from 5 to 11. 

That’s a good idea. It’s getting to the point where I want to try some other lines, just to experience them.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s a good idea. It’s getting to the point where I want to try some other lines, just to experience them.

@Sea Dog  we were loyal to rccl for a very long time.  We love their ships and experience.  However, once you start adding in the extras, unless you get a super deal on the cruise price, it starts to get painful on he wallet.    We started cruising with celebrity a while ago and  have gone on one ncl and had a very good experience.  We like the all inclusive experience we have had with celebrity and ncl ((minus gratuities) 

I shop on a daily basis and have found some great deals.  

we do have the jewel booked for may only due to itinerary offered but we did get a great deal on cruise price.  Following that celebrity 9/9/2024 on a very unique itin on celebrity silhouette   All inclusive with $600 obc 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Personally, I’ve loved rum & raisin flavour since I was a kid - especially in ice-cream  The “rum” always felt grown up..,

Can’t give this comment a ❤️ 😂

• Haha 1

Today was the one year anniversary of our daughter’s surgery.   Not something to celebrate, but to recognize one milestone on her journey.  So we recognized it with her.  

Lunch today at the Thai restaurant. 

Yummy Plate with meatballs, crab rangoon, gyoza, and spring rolls. 

IMG_0686.thumb.jpeg.9acff31633f7b55533c0935acdf89ad9.jpeg

My plate of Famous Pad Thai. 

IMG_0687.thumb.jpeg.6ba89cb2413b97b74b6d2cb180900eda.jpeg

Susan and I spent our evening serving at a funeral dinner at our church.  Seems like we have had too many lately. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, derorim said:

She looks so sweet. Do you know if she is a Maine Coon? She sure looks like it. 

She might.  She has the fur and tail but not the ears.  She does have tufts on her paws.  We have no idea where she came from so can only guess.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just spoke to my Michigan friend, things are not looking good.  They told her husband maybe six months.  My heart hurts.  

Sorry to read this.  I wish I knew how they come up with their estimates.  Had a friend that the doctors said she had six months.  She had twelve good years after that.  

Hope things go well for you friend and her husband. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sorry to read this.  I wish I knew how they come up with their estimates.  Had a friend that the doctors said she had six months.  She had twelve good years after that.  

Hope things go well for you friend and her husband. 

I will tell her this.  I told her miracles happen but right now they are trying to grasp all this.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mark, can’t believe a year has gone by.  Hope she is doing well. You guys are so good!!!!

She seems to be doing well, but the worry never stops.  She finished all the chemo and radiation, and finished the three vaccines in the clinical trial at Cleveland Clinic with no adverse reactions.  She has another follow up with them next month. All bloodwork has been in the normal range, which is a good sign. 

We hold our breath at every appointment, until results are back. 

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am finally diamond plus so I am going to try Celebrity Ascent Nov 2025.  I was going to email Ken this week and tell him if I inquired about the price of another cruise in 2025, to tell me NO.  I currently have Bella 2, Bella 2.5, Canada and New England on Liberty in Oct 2025 and Ascent Nov 2025.  I have never had 4 booked at the same time.  I do retire in May 2025.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2