Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, here is what I don't get. Yesterday I go to Home Depot to look at various options for redoing our decks. Today when I open YouTube I get an advertisement from Trex for there manufactured boards.🤔🤔🤔🤔

You took your phone with you.  It knows where you have been and what you have done!😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, here is what I don't get. Yesterday I go to Home Depot to look at various options for redoing our decks. Today when I open YouTube I get an advertisement from Trex for there manufactured boards.🤔🤔🤔🤔

Makes you go hmmm.  Yet if you are up to no good they can't even hack into your phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

Wow that is impressive and beautiful.

❤️

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Lionesss  Interesting wedding venue. Was the reception held in a garden center? 
Is the cookie table a local custom?

Not familiar with available  homemade cookies and treats at receptions here on Long Island. Very generous of you to do all that baking for your friend’s daughter.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Yes to garden center. Flowers flowers everywhere and pergola settlings. Just think free flowers to use. 

If you google “cookie table “ you will see Pittsburgh gets the credit. But. 
Years ago it started here where all the women would bake for each others wedding and a beautiful display would be created and shared. 
My daughter s wedding had over 3,000 cookies. Every on I baked for returned the offering. 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Those cookies all look so delicious.  

I don’t know if that is a local custom or not, but I don’t recall ever being at a wedding without them.  

Yes. Almost all weddings here have them. Some people buy them. Prices per dozen can range depending on bakery and type of cookie and size of order $9-$12 a dozen.  
And sometimes cookies from Sam’s club/Walmart are added for $5-8 dollars a dozen.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Ocean Boy

I talk to my cat too. 

But. A side note. 
Just something I said above and not what you addressed. 

I would never taker her to a wedding reception. 
Plus. 
Sit at a table with other guest and ignore them, turn my back away and be on my phone. 

(((MEOW))))

• Like 3

Sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home.

The Jewel is a nice ship but there is not enough seating in the centrum to get a seat for all the activities they had.  The entertainment was good on this cruise.  The bands were okay.  

Food:  we had MTD and I made reservations for 7:15 each night except the nights we ate in the specialty restaurants.  It didn't seem to matter though.  The first 2 nights they didn't even ask just seated 3 two tops at a time.  One night we had to wait 30 minutes.  The service was extremely slow between courses.  Sigh.  We ate in the dining room maybe 4 nights. Izumi 2 nights. Chops 1 night and the Windjammer the rest of the time.  Izumi and Chops were great.

We had a good time but I don't think we will take this long a cruise again at least in cold weather.  Too many sea days and it wasn't warm enough to sit on the balcony or the outdoor pool.  Even the solarium was a little too chilly a couple of the days.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So. 
Our friends daughter’s wedding has finally arrived. 

Over the past month been busy on our Freedom cruise, babysitting ZZZZZOEY and baking. 

Here’s the display of the first traying of the cookie table with refill platters waiting in the kitchen.  I had fun. 

65 dozen ish later. 

IMG_2275.thumb.jpeg.919bb84197ff8a11d3530a79d426cb36.jpeg

IMG_2279.thumb.jpeg.70fbd8cc3706d7a088baee22f2cb29c0.jpeg

IMG_2274.jpeg

You did an outstanding job baking.  They look beautiful and delicious.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Ocean Boy

I talk to my cat too. 

But. A side note. 
Just something I said above and not what you addressed. 

I would never taker her to a wedding reception. 
Plus. 
Sit at a table with other guest and ignore them, turn my back away and be on my phone. 

(((MEOW))))

Sounds like your better off she ignored you😁

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home.

The Jewel is a nice ship but there is not enough seating in the centrum to get a seat for all the activities they had.  The entertainment was good on this cruise.  The bands were okay.  

Food:  we had MTD and I made reservations for 7:15 each night except the nights we ate in the specialty restaurants.  It didn't seem to matter though.  The first 2 nights they didn't even ask just seated 3 two tops at a time.  One night we had to wait 30 minutes.  The service was extremely slow between courses.  Sigh.  We ate in the dining room maybe 4 nights. Izumi 2 nights. Chops 1 night and the Windjammer the rest of the time.  Izumi and Chops were great.

We had a good time but I don't think we will take this long a cruise again at least in cold weather.  Too many sea days and it wasn't warm enough to sit on the balcony or the outdoor pool.  Even the solarium was a little too chilly a couple of the days.

Safe travels home😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am looking at hotel options for our San Juan cruise in January.   Anyone have any suggestions?

We would arrive early afternoon Saturday then board Rhapsody on Sunday.  

I'm thinking Condado Hotel or Hilton Garden Inn near Condado Beach.   We definitely want a hotel with a pool and restaurant/bar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

❤️

Yes to garden center. Flowers flowers everywhere and pergola settlings. Just think free flowers to use. 

If you google “cookie table “ you will see Pittsburgh gets the credit. But. 
Years ago it started here where all the women would bake for each others wedding and a beautiful display would be created and shared. 
My daughter s wedding had over 3,000 cookies. Every on I baked for returned the offering. 

Yes. Almost all weddings here have them. Some people buy them. Prices per dozen can range depending on bakery and type of cookie and size of order $9-$12 a dozen.  
And sometimes cookies from Sam’s club/Walmart are added for $5-8 dollars a dozen.  

Yes that’s a local custom as it’s not done here in Texas.  I think it’s also great that you help each other out.  Weddings can be so expensive!

We did have take home cookies for one of my daughters wedding.  She and I baked cookies the week prior, froze them, boxed them. This was instead of favors that some people do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What is everyone doing to charge their devices now that RCI banned multi outlet power cubes? So far RCI is the only cruise line to ban this item.

We are just using USB chargers. We will take off the power adapter off the cord and just charge usb to usb.

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@Lionesss Wait… I have to ask. Did that person bring her cat to the wedding reception? Or was she paying attention to a cat at the garden center?

Just curious. But you know what curiosity did to the cat.🙄

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Oh 

It  was her date. 

She brought from home. 

The bride and groom knew her from school.  She. (Professor) (not cat) was one of their teachers. 
They THOUGHT she was normal. lol. 
(((((((SURPRISE))))))))).  

❤️

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What is everyone doing to charge their devices now that RCI banned multi outlet power cubes? So far RCI is the only cruise line to ban this item.

We take a travel clock that has an extra USB port.  There were 2 plug ins at the desk.  One was for the clock and I used the port for my phone.  We used the other plug in to cycle through everything else.

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am looking at hotel options for our San Juan cruise in January.   Anyone have any suggestions?

We would arrive early afternoon Saturday then board Rhapsody on Sunday.  

I'm thinking Condado Hotel or Hilton Garden Inn near Condado Beach.   We definitely want a hotel with a pool and restaurant/bar. 

We stayed at the El Conquistador in Fajardo, which had its own private island where they ferried you for a beach break (Palomino). I think that hotel is no more. But it was really really nice. There are many other hotels in that area.

Very nice area. But if you are there just for one night, you would want to stay near Condado (Caribe Hilton) or Isla Verde or even in old SJ (El Convento comes to mind). Isla Verde area is nice and has many hotels. Convention Center area is another one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Oh 

It  was her date. 

She brought from home. 

The bride and groom knew her from school.  She. (Professor) (not cat) was one of their teachers. 
They THOUGHT she was normal. lol. 
(((((((SURPRISE))))))))).  

❤️

Curious, did she have the cat on a leash or just let it wander around?

Did the cat dance with the bride or the groom?🤣🤣

• Haha 2

After the duck hunt, we took the kids to a WaterFire festival. 

IMG_3099.thumb.jpeg.5e88316c648e9a24279184bff4f64c29.jpeg

Torches are lit on the bridge. 

IMG_3100.thumb.jpeg.c18631a9af05f840f5d58b64b6d7cb77.jpeg

And fire on the water. 

IMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.a04e1d8de230034b1892c1c2e23d0753.jpeg

The theme for the evening was from Earth, Wind, and Fire. 

Do you remember
The 21st night of September?
Love was changin' the minds of pretenders
While chasin' the clouds away

IMG_3107.thumb.jpeg.aea9f53bd0ea9d156fd31d0a1c205314.jpeg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We stayed at the El Conquistador in Fajardo, which had its own private island where they ferried you for a beach break (Palomino). I think that hotel is no more. But it was really really nice. There are many other hotels in that area.

Very nice area. But if you are there just for one night, you would want to stay near Condado (Caribe Hilton) or Isla Verde or even in old SJ (El Convento comes to mind). Isla Verde area is nice and has many hotels. Convention Center area is another one.

Thank you.  I saw the Caribe hotel but have a hard time justifying $600 per night.  The condado plaza hotel looks nice and is about $400 a night.  

I'll check out the other locations you mentioned.   Thank you, Sis😊

Since yesterday was football, that meant this morning was baseball.  It was sooo long, and they finally ended the game in the 5th, after two hours.  

Grandson’s team was ahead 20-1 at that point.  

All in all, a good sports weekend for him.  

Oh, and today is his 12th birthday.   Party later.