Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Site has been bonkers today so I hope I’m able to complete this post. 
First, I forgot to post this photo of youngest GS yesterday. Can you guess what he’s doing? I mean it’s a long walk

into the house to the bathroom 🤣.

Our first adventure with grandsons was to Patriot Place.  Got a peek at the stadium, went thru the Hall of Fame, then pizza for lunch.  Also spotted this Disney character along the side of the road & stopped for a pic.  Just relaxing at home now, we’re all pretty tired after the party yesterday. 

9E9C76A7-7BB2-453B-9077-1501FC5A7955.jpeg

EAC2DB39-992F-459D-8078-904DEA0F915F.jpeg

At least he didnt go in the pool.  Boys will be boys.

That's neat they give you scissors to cut pizza.  

Looks like a great day!

On 8/15/2021 at 3:54 PM, George C said:

My first job at 17 was a computer operator for US Lines , which at that time 1967, owned SS United States and SS America was a to young to cruise , left them in 1968. I definitely remember McAnn’s bar I believe there was more than one of them.

I may have posted a while ago, that my first job in NYC was for Moore-McCormack Lines, at 2 Broadway.  Our cruise ships were the SS Argentina, and the SS Brazil.  We had many Container ships..

At the age of 18, none of the girls I worked with cruised at the time, but we did go to Bon Voyage parties onboard when some of the "older" women (in their 30's) that we worked with would go on a cruise.  I used to go to McAnn's downtown.  I think they had great ribs, if I remember right!

On 8/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, Lionesss said:

Made it to Fort Meyer. 
Visited the site of our future home. 1/2 acre in Lehigh Acres. 

Time for seafood. 

D03B8195-6F96-479B-81C9-F86082C18629.jpeg

97AD2594-5624-461E-8A1D-85E8924AF6B0.jpeg

626DDE17-F3AB-4835-85A6-28F158476A92.jpeg

FF978CA9-D96E-4F68-971A-9FFC14D9372C.jpeg

Love Rusty"s..we go in Naples!

On 8/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, dani negreanu said:

We had plenty of time to visit and look around, then for lunch, and we also had a very thorough tour of Belfast, the "conflict" and the murals.

When you travel with only 6 persons, u don't waste to much time like a bus.

It's the best way to do excursions!!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!   I hope this all works out for everyone as it sounds like a lot of fun will happen.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I looked at cabin availability for our September sailing and today when I did my price check and peeked at available cabins, looks like a lot more have cancelled.       Still on the fence about this ourselves 

Hopefully are able to get a cabin near each other for your Oct sailing.   

My wife got it set up.  They are about 20 rooms away on the same floor.  I thought that was pretty good considering how it a went down.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

My bucket list is to visit all the Disney parks in the world. If not for Covid, we would probably be in Paris Disneyland this summer.

So the couple we travel with was just over.  I was talking to him about your Disney posts.  The couple is over the top Disney.  I think visiting all the Disney parks in the world might be joining are todo list.  I have enjoyed all of the pics and reviews. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, Sea Dog said:

Osbourne lights are awesome. They used a lot of products that I did some freelance work for. I got an opportunity to do computer show programming for a company called Animated Lighting. They specialized on computerized Christmas light shows. Their controllers and ones from a company called Lightorama were used in their display. Since I am a Christmas freak I used some of the money I earned on buying their products. Here is a video I made of my display where I did the programming. It uses 16 channels and I have 3 animated trees with over thousand lights. It's not Christmas yet but here it is anyway.

You did a really good job of this.  I bet the locals enjoy it too.

‘The article I read about the Osborne lights at WDW said Disney added over 1,500 dimmer switches to get the lights to dance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I used to go to McAnn's downtown.

On the comments about these bar/restaurants in NYC, yes, there were about 28 of them at one time (in the 80s). They go back to about 1945, per an article I read.  It also claims there is only one left. They were popular eateries when I worked in Manhattan.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Here's a picture of Tokyo Disneyland's castle:

20190704_105905.thumb.jpg.e7e878bbcb12b7b375db671587b0d719.jpg

They don't have the traditional main street walkway. It's covered and changed name to World Bazaars.

20190704_171943.thumb.jpg.95b5834fbd03f5b5469d760bd50394b6.jpg

Bet you normally don't see many kimonos at any other Disney parks...

IMG-20190704-WA0033.thumb.jpg.2120e2f1a0f44570d0a1fe824536ff62.jpg

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of Tokyo Disney.  My cousins were always big Disney fans.  They and their husbands moved from Albany, NY and all got jobs at Disney in Orlando,  My one cousin and her husband, who were Albany Police Officers, got jobs working Security at Disney, and my other cousin began working as head of Housekeeping at various Disney hotels.

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Glad you had such a wonderful Wedding weekend up in Buffalo with your family, Bob.  Beautiful pictures!

21 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

My TSOTD is a white St John's Bay from the exclusive and luxurious J. C. Penney line. Tomorrow I might wear the black one.

Too funny!!

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog although you weren’t looking for sympathy, you have mine for the loss of your friend.

@Luckynana Happy Birthday, belated, but hope you had a great day. 
@bobmacliberty looks & sounds like a great weekend/reunion. 

Been trying to post since last night but things are wonky again.  
We had a beautiful day yesterday for our family pool party. DH’s family from Albany area came for the day as well.  An action shot of Andy with our 2 oldest grandsons.   Also a pic of MIL with her 5 great grandchildren.  Last one out of the pool? 4 year old grandson!

1A0438A0-6770-4C38-ADDF-D4A95EEAA0BB.jpeg

EFA5D547-B47D-452E-8772-9BE64D9F0A23.jpeg

3AC0545A-F5CF-4FFA-B0E4-B88CF210365F.jpeg

Looks like a really great time!  The kids are all adorable!

Thank you for your birthday wishes.🙂

I had a heck of a time just trying to get onto CC....it took several times before I finally gave up;  about an hour or two later, I tried again and "got lucky" this time.  But boy, it's hard to catch up to everyone's posts!!  Almost there!😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When these messages first popped up I was concerned CC shut down the great @dani negreanuthread.  Why shut down all the friendship this thread has developed.  Then I thought they wouldn’t do that, maybe it was the IPad software update.  Now that I see many experienced it I am thankful we are still here to enjoy the day together.

4th  try to post in the last hour.  About ready to wait a couple more hours!

OMG..I thought the same thing about their shutting down our thread!!!!  thank goodness, it wasn't that!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mets07 said:

On the comments about these bar/restaurants in NYC, yes, there were about 28 of them at one time (in the 80s). They go back to about 1945, per an article I read.  It also claims there is only one left. They were popular eateries when I worked in Manhattan.

I only remember the one on Eighth Ave.I was never there,though.

I also never heard of the baseball team you mentioned earlier.

11 hours ago, George C said:

We had terrible service on our last visit to anchor bar, lots of places better , love bar bills in East Aurora , which is Josh Allen’s favorite (bills QB)

Service was fine and the wings were OK. I mostly wanted my daughter to experience the birthplace of the wing. It’s a little touristy now but still one of those Buffalo things that you do. I prefer Duff’s but I haven’t lived there for years. I’m sure there are many small places that are just as good or better. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So the couple we travel with was just over.  I was talking to him about your Disney posts.  The couple is over the top Disney.  I think visiting all the Disney parks in the world might be joining are todo list.  I have enjoyed all of the pics and reviews. Thanks.

The Disney parks overseas are in major Metropolitan areas (Tokyo/Paris/Hong Kong/Shanghai) so it's not as if you have to go out of your way to see them (looking at you Orlando). If you are in the city/region, it doesn't hurt to spend couple days checking out the parks in other countries.  There are tons of YouTube videos on each of the overseas park from Americans so you can see from their perspectives what's different about each park compared to the US version.

If your friends are Disney fanatics, they probably have read the Disney Tourist Blog.  This guy is Mr. Disney in going to all the Disney parks in the world and writing about them.  Here's his ranking of the top Disney parks according to him:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-worst-disney-theme-parks-world/

I haven't seen the Paris or China version of Disneyland so I can't comment on all his rankings, but I agree with his assessment that Tokyo Disney Sea is a super special park.  Definitely worth a visit. Will upload few pics from there at the end of my marathon trip report here (whenever I get there, that is). As Dani knows from my Cheapo Dad series in the past, I get distracted easily and go off to the tangent... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally home from the wedding weekend. I had one more box to check before leaving Buffalo, which I took care of at the airport.

8DE82EFD-3E84-4E35-ABF3-0CBB1716A1BC.thumb.jpeg.b9d7d91b6ab1928866c9b50af9a1fd0d.jpeg

Stopped for BBQ with a nice view of the marsh once we got back on Amelia Island.

4261BD7B-D676-4A1D-AC86-7295BF59A140.thumb.jpeg.7af3885aa31c5c7d5e5d6dcd8bfdd600.jpeg

Time for about 2 straight days of sleep before DD23 and her BF visit us in Florida, even though we just saw them in Buffalo. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Where are you cruising to ? If you posted it already I missed it.

Lenny, I was referring to being frustrated about not getting on to CC today,

We aren't cruising until next February, April, and September '22

On 8/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, A&L_Ont said:

She needs to stretch. 

E3E4150C-0AE0-410D-B3C6-9B8B50C75B29.thumb.jpeg.16f3ddcdedc774e27f3a53f10dc62e63.jpeg

And relax. 

436A2144-C970-4FF2-A968-8467BF5B3E4E.thumb.jpeg.9f01fe961d5e0342930b96fdae541d75.jpeg

I took Owen to ball practice this morning with the GT. The bat barely fits behind my seat. Ball bag and cleats fit under the hood. 

AC5287A5-D39E-4728-A4C9-7AEF4B914B2E.thumb.jpeg.9a7b9581a10fb98d96be370399123b61.jpeg

After the drop off I went to Timmies and sat outside with my coffee and watched the stationary car show. Always fun to watch people looking at the GT. 

When I was getting ready to leave I talked with two families with young children for about 10 minutes. Kids are the future for the car culture so it is always important to give them time. 

8C0823DE-682B-43F6-BF42-1CCD510871FD.thumb.jpeg.5377a66b5b31e32ed1d11c14112fdb53.jpeg

7AB58E5E-8B17-4FB1-8D88-25A7EECBC0EB.thumb.jpeg.2870c2acce85d1aa0b1740420c02285e.jpeg

Will Owen be allowed to drive someday?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Will Owen be allowed to drive someday?

LOL, he already drives the Gator. He won’t drive the special cars for some time. When he does get to drive, his car will have front and rear facing cameras. To keep an eye on others, and to remind him that we can see what he is up too as well. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of Tokyo Disney.  My cousins were always big Disney fans.  They and their husbands moved from Albany, NY and all got jobs at Disney in Orlando,  My one cousin and her husband, who were Albany Police Officers, got jobs working Security at Disney, and my other cousin began working as head of Housekeeping at various Disney hotels.

Sounds like you will never need to pay full price to visit WDW with all the CM discounts!😀

• Like 2