Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It is an honor not only to me but my station and the people that I work with. We have a great group of people who I consider more family than coworkers.

Congrats. 
It’s nice when you are blessed with coworkers you can consider family.  Not everyone has that experience.  After being retired 4 years, I am still in contact with many of my former coworkers and still visit the office on occasion.  I still enjoy seeing some of the ones I audited.  People is what was great about working.

After seeing your post and your accomplishments I was thinking, has @Sea Dog ordered the One x2 yet?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congrats. 
It’s nice when you are blessed with coworkers you can consider family.  Not everyone has that experience.  After being retired 4 years, I am still in contact with many of my former coworkers and still visit the office on occasion.  I still enjoy seeing some of the ones I audited.  People is what was great about working.

After seeing your post and your accomplishments I was thinking, has @Sea Dog ordered the One x2 yet?

I spent 25 years working with a company.I left there in 1996.I am still in telephone contact with several former co-workers including a 92 year old woman who calls me frequently to ask how I am feeling.

I am also in contact via e-mail with 2 people who I worked with in the 60’s.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This is a traditional English breakfast.

I prefer tomato ketchup on mine whereas Pauline will have brown sauce.

Screenshot_20210909_171756.jpg

Wow, that looks great.  After seeing this, I think it’s time for our family here at Dani’s thread to join in a visit to Graham’s and Pauline’s abode.  After breakfast we could join them in a tour of the other beautiful places Graham has shared with us.   

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congrats. 

You are probably going to think I’m an idiot but I decided to wait. I’m going to buy a f1.8 prime for my Nikon so I can take better pics in low light with no flash. I will eventually get the One X2 probably for my cruise next year but I was worried that I would spend too much time on the learning curve. I got the new Go Pro Hero 9 so I think I should spend my time working with it than worrying about two new cameras. I really want to do a good review but I also want to relax and enjoy myself too. I think I can multitask it alright.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Preventive maintenance from what?

Exactly!    I think she is "old school" where they used to tell people to get them removed before you had a problem.    About 3 years ago I had an incident with a popcorn kernel that somehow got wedged under soft tissue of the very last tooth and had a minor infection (right before my trip to London).    Every since that happened she gives me grief that I should get all of them pulled.    

I am due for a cleaning and thinking of trying another dentist to get their opinion. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think we talked here, maybe a year ago, about a 10 year old girl named Nandi Bushell who challenged Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters to a drum off via YouTube (original video here).  Dave playfully went back and forth with Nandi over a few videos before finally admitting defeat and declaring Nandi the winner.  About a week ago, she had the chance to play on stage with the Foo Fighters at the Forum in LA.  I can only imagine what it must have been like for her to hear thousands of fans screaming her name.  The look on her face in the thumbnail image below is priceless...sheer joy combined with sheer terror.

There are a few other videos online of this (of course).  This alternate angle video has a little better quality audio and may be better for you drummers out there to see Nandi's technique??

WOW!     She is Amazing!    

You are right she looks thrilled and terrified when she first comes onto the stage.        That's great she got to play on stage with them last week.     

She is going to be quite a success and expect to hear a lot more of her in the future.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hopefully, we will be leaving for Atlantic City in the morning.  We haven’t been since July.  I can’t believe they didn’t go out of business!

Good luck M!

I do hope you are taking a U Haul van to bring back the cash and the new car you will win?

And, I thought you were supposed to be on the Oasis and giving us updates from there???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS 2.jpg

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS.jpg

Congratulations to you and your co-workers!     This is a great honor to be nominated and would be a great honor to win an Emmy, especially right before your retirement!      We have a Celebrity among us🥰

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lionesss said:

In January I have in store a bone graft and dental implants on the right side of my mouth, lower.

Best of luck, Sue.  I had bone implants done;  once that was healed, I then got the dental implants..it's been 10 years now.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20210827_095024.jpg

You are too funny, Graham!  BTW, is that ketchup on your sausage and bacon?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS 2.jpg

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS.jpg

Congratulations Greg, on not one, but two nominations for your hard work!!  We have a Celebrity among us!  When will the Ceremony be held?  I'm so very happy for you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

When will the Ceremony be held? 

It's on October 23 a few days before I retire. Its a virtual ceremony this year as it was last year because of you know what. It's sad because part of the fun is getting dressed up in formal wear and having dinner with over 500 of your closest friends and competitors and of course winning and making acceptance speeches.

• Like 8