Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire.

Congratulations, Greg. How wonderful and such a nice gift for our retirement.

Spoke about timing 🥰

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Congratulations, Greg. How wonderful and such a nice gift for our retirement.

Spoke about timing 🥰

Thank you Dani. It is nice timing. But as much as it would be nice to win a bigger win would be when I set foot on Explorer this November 7th.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Knock on wood I have made it to 55 yrs old with no cavities or dental issues.  Same for my brother and he's 59.

I like how my teeth feel after dentist cleaning but dont like how it feels while she is cleaning.

I made it to age 8 with no dental issues.Dentists love my teeth.I have major problems always.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

All this dentist talk reminds me that I need to find a new dentist.  Not looking forward to that.

I was going to a dentist 20 years.Three years ago I woke up one morning with the worst toothache ever.I called the dentist ,it was a Monday morning .He was in Fla and was not coming back for 2 weeks.He had nobody covering for him.I called a dentist that one of my neighbors uses at 10 AM .His office person asked if I could be there by 10:30.He became my dentist that day.He has 2 dentists covering for him when he is away.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS 2.jpg

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS.jpg

Congrats @Sea Dog!  Are either of these available to watch online?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

Congratulations.I hope you win.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats @Sea Dog!  Are either of these available to watch online?

Thank you Bob! The nominations used to be done live via webcast. Now they are announced on the website and on Facebook. The ceremony is also live via NATAS's website.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

It was a small crown, and fortunately had had a root canal before it went on.  No pain at all, but boy did I look funny when I smiled.  😮  Was able to get in right away to have it replaced when we returned.  

Easy peasy compared to breaking my foot the very first night on week long Brilliance cruise 2 years ago.  🤕

That was awful especially on the first night.

I believe you said at the time it took ages for your break to heal.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does youtube do this to me?😐

0_.facebook_1631189429026_6841704346924137742.jpg.b86ac582cd80ef4b644fb0b580645742.jpg

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand;
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years -
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come, so let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
And please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve - it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years -
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.
Poem is by an unknown author

😢

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg Steele

Great news Gregg.

I hope you win 🤞but it is still an honour to be nominated.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Me too.  My dentist wants to pull my healthy wisdom teeth...I have three left, one was taken in my 20s since it was impacted.  But they are healthy and have been with me for 50 years.  

Ocean Boy actually was the one that questioned having the one pulled that I was going to go ahead with...I agreed ....and cancelled it.  

I am glad the tooth is doing well and living where it belongs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Dentist keeps saying I should get my wisdom teeth pulled as preventative maintenance but I keep avoiding, covid has been my excuse for last couple of visits.  If it's not broke leave it be is my thought.

Preventive maintenance from what?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news Gregg.

I hope you win 🤞but it is still an honour to be nominated.

Thank you very much Graham. It is an honor not only to me but my station and the people that I work with. We have a great group of people who I consider more family than coworkers.

• Like 6

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Thank you very much Graham. It is an honor not only to me but my station and the people that I work with. We have a great group of people who I consider more family than coworkers.

Congrats on the nomination to you and your coworkers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I saw the first pic I thought, baked beans for breakfast. I don’t think I have ever seen that before.  Then when this pic of bacon and sausage with ketchup on it……Ummmm

This is a traditional English breakfast.

I prefer tomato ketchup on mine whereas Pauline will have brown sauce.

Screenshot_20210909_171756.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg Steele

Congratulations!