Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Dentist. Crown needed and that horrible filing and fitting occurred on Aug. 30 for a tooth with fractures. The temporary crown fell off in 3 days. But it doesn't feel too bad. Placement of actual crown will be on Sept. 13. He was hinting that another one might have fractures too. But I think I will put that off for a while. :classic_rolleyes:

My old dentist, that I had for almost 50 years finally retired in his 70's. I'm not too sure about this new dentist and his additional charges and additional recommended procedures. :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coralc said:

My old dentist, that I had for almost 50 years finally retired in his 70's. I'm not too sure about this new dentist and his additional charges and additional recommended procedures. :classic_unsure:

My dentist has learned very well how to compromise.😉 Dentists these days seem to love x-rays. I do not.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like going to the dentist and really like cleanings.

Knock on wood I have made it to 55 yrs old with no cavities or dental issues.  Same for my brother and he's 59.

I like how my teeth feel after dentist cleaning but dont like how it feels while she is cleaning.

• Like 1

In January I have in store a bone graft and dental implants on the right side of my mouth, lower.

In my younger days I used to chew on ice and now I am paying for it after broken teeth as well as dislodged crowns not repairable.  

Waiting for the new year for a new deductible.

Moral of story.

Dont chew on ice.

Singinalot, beautiful pictures.

Tried posting before, but lost in wherever.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Moral of story.

Dont chew on ice.

I used to do that too. But I think it was when I had hyperthyroid issues. I don't do it anymore, but I think it explains the tooth fractures later in life. My eyes never quite recovered either. 

Absolutely gorgeous photos Crystal! :classic_biggrin: What a beautiful area and you have captured it wonderfully in your photos and videos. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I went to the dentist today too. Just a cleaning.

Bucky and I have appointment coming up next week once we are home.  Cleaning...but I am still having issues with one of the crowns (IMHO should have had root canal in that one before she put the crown on...but was not offered that or suggested. 😞 ).  

Edited by island lady

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Dentist. Crown needed and that horrible filing and fitting occurred on Aug. 30 for a tooth with fractures. The temporary crown fell off in 3 days. But it doesn't feel too bad. Placement of actual crown will be on Sept. 13. He was hinting that another one might have fractures too. But I think I will put that off for a while. :classic_rolleyes:

Almost same exact thing happened to me.  Both crowns (unfortunately were right next to each other) were badly cracked, unknown to me except was getting painful jaw and some infection....which was why I made appointment.  

Sigh...apparently all part of growing older...broken bones AND teeth.  😞  

Akin to you... I had a wonderful dentist, that we considered a real friend for over 20 years...but he  also retired.  My new dentist is no where near as good, and Bucky really doesn't like her at all.  I like her as person, but she is no comparison to our old one.  Not happy about the new crown giving me grief.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My dentist has learned very well how to compromise.😉 Dentists these days seem to love x-rays. I do not.  

What, you don't like glowing green in the dark?  😄  

Yeah, I am no fan of Xrays either.  I don't know how frequent flyers put up with it.  😮 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

In January I have in store a bone graft and dental implants on the right side of my mouth, lower.

In my younger days I used to chew on ice and now I am paying for it after broken teeth as well as dislodged crowns not repairable.  

Waiting for the new year for a new deductible.

Moral of story.

Dont chew on ice.

Tried posting before, but lost in wherever.

Chewing on caramels in my youth did me no good either.  😮 

• Like 3

Why does youtube do this to me?😐

0_.facebook_1631189429026_6841704346924137742.jpg.b86ac582cd80ef4b644fb0b580645742.jpg

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand;
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years -
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come, so let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
And please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve - it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years -
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.
Poem is by an unknown author

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Toffee pulled a lot of my fillings out.

Now I have crowns and several implants after I was told the root canals would no longer hold crowns.

When I was a kid, my mother would buy those bags of 1 inch square soft caramels.  I ate them all the time.  She really did not get after us to brush our teeth much, and never heard of flossing.  Naturally I ended up with 8-10 fillings that had to go in as I got older.  Those fillings get old and cause cracks too. 

Since I turned a more responsible teenager...I brushed after every meal and flossed every night.  Since then...only cracked teeth...no cavities.  But the cracked teeth are trying to take over.  😞  Growing old never fun for teeth.  😮😉 

I cracked a crown in San Juan while in town for lunch during turn around day on one of our last pre-Covid cruises.  Was on a very hard Tostone that was over cooked and hard as a rock.  

• Like 2