Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Man your lucky. IMO, a lot depends on location and time of year. I also pay with HH points and all our 2021 (July, September and October) stays would have increased compared to last year if I hadn't booked a year out. Currently 2022 is not looking that great, price/point wise so we haven't booked yet. We're in a holding pattern and waiting to see what happens in January. 

I also got a decent deal for a Hilton property before our Miami cruise , some prices were over 1k since there is a boat show that weekend, we had similar dates July and September in two different Buffalo Hampton and a Hilton in Denver , was annoyed bar and restaurant was closed would have booked another hotel if I would have know . Also have a precruise November in Ft Lauderdale.

Edited by George C
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I saw my lovely dentist today. I had two cavities filled, an upper and bottom both on my right hand side.  I’m frozen from my eye to my chin. Can’t wait for it to wear off, so I can feel a my sore jaw. 

Glass of wine helps a lot....I know that for sure!  😉   Two crowns right next to each other...owwwie!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I usually bid $20-30 dollars over the min bid, assuming that others may just make the min bid and my additional $$ will be the difference.  I've never won, so I have no idea how good this strategy is.  Don't tell anyone else. 😁

Ditto here...with same results..  😉 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was talking to the hotel manager and looked down and saw the prettiest meringue rosettes. While he was talking, I picked one up and took a bite. 
It was butter. Pure butter, and I had a mouthful of it. 
I stood there, nodding my head, and trying to swallow it without choking. 
I finally managed to chew, or melt, it in half, swallow half and then the other half. 
I’ll never know if he realized what happened, and was too polite to acknowledge it. 

This brings back a memory of when a friend and I had been out drinking one night and stopped at a Diner for some breakfast.  There was a small bowl on the table with..you guessed it, butter, but she thought it was ice cream, and took a big spoonful of it.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This brings back a memory of when a friend and I had been out drinking one night and stopped at a Diner for some breakfast.  There was a small bowl on the table with..you guessed it, butter, but she thought it was ice cream, and took a big spoonful of it.  😁

A friend of mine went to a breakfast buffet. She was very thirsty and gulped down a glass of tomato juice. Except it was French dressing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thank you! Yes, will miss “Colorful Colorado”, but not the dry or now the smoke 😩

7E4B35C7-6553-4DF3-88DB-4756798712AF.jpeg

I was in Denver last week, not sure if you visit that area , but there is a great Jewish deli there we have been visiting for 20 years , New York deli news, fantastic pastrami among other things .

• Like 1

The garage build. (AKA man cave ) had been interrupted by rain lately. Now mind you we did not get any rain from Ida. But little nuisance storms.  So today the contractor sent a crew out to pump the water out above the footers so  concrete block could be laid.  They not only disturbed a ton a frogs in their new watering hole, but upset “The Cat” napping in her day   perch. ”. No worries once she gave them the evil eye the cat  went back to sleep. 

D423A68D-699C-4495-9A27-D019B031DC11.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I'm comfortable with Dani's thread and the people on here so I may just stick around here as long as Dani doesn't mind. 

Dani doesn't mind 😁

Dani welcomes any returning to cruising, whether is live, semi-live, half-live, quarter-live, or in retrospect [hindsight too] ...

In sum, Dani is roaring to be on a ship again 😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Gorgeous photos. I love how strong the colors are. 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Awesome pictures Crystal!  I bet that is something that you will definitely miss about Colorado. 

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Utah does have some great places for kodak moments. 😉

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Stunning pictures, Crystal!

@singinalot

Agree with all the above and all the others. Your mom is such a good sport, she deserves a huge hug.

Triple "yikes" about the hotel. On second thoughts, add two more yikes.

And, of course, thank you for enriching the thread with your amazing photos and movies 👍

• Like 5