Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My same dilemma, start a separate thread or just post here.  I am leaning more towards just here.  I am thinking if I start a separate thread there is that chance having someone taking it way off topic (ie covid etc).  Here I feel it will not be much different than when we will be texting family to keep them updated.  I still may start a new thread but I will not neglect this thread.

My suggestion:

if you are doing a detailed, picture intense travel logs kind of day to day review like Andrew, John or Crystal's, a separate thread is very appreciated, with a link a here. This thread is very active and growing and it is overwhelming to search through thousands of posts to read a review or look for a picture. Not saying I don't like to look at picturs here or read someone's thoughts on anything, so don't get me wrong.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

First pic is a re-creation of one from 2010 of the girls and I at Boardwalk.

0C402798-669F-4B72-B42F-BC0BA186379B.jpeg

DC89DFEC-A8EE-46D5-AE7D-E68BA94C6F22.jpeg

I love this!

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My same dilemma, start a separate thread or just post here.  I am leaning more towards just here.  I am thinking if I start a separate thread there is that chance having someone taking it way off topic (ie covid etc).  Here I feel it will not be much different than when we will be texting family to keep them updated.  I still may start a new thread but I will not neglect this thread.

This is my concern of doing my semi-live as opposed to a as-if where I can preproduce the content and post it quicker and in sequence without too much posting in the middle. I may do the same. Maybe do the Semi-Live on the main board and then a in depth as-if live here. Thoughts????

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

That way we can all get to them without searching through gazillions of posts, since this is a very fast growng thread. I love seeing pics and posts here so do not get me wrong, please, but just a suggestion.

Exactly plus I do it hate it when people try to take things off topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well I just checked out the Ritz Carlton. It looks gorgeous but for our dates the only room available is a Club level suite at $ 8k per night 😳, so that option is off the table!

In a perfect world we’d hop on a cruise out of PC,  but it won’t work since we have to get home for niece’s engagement party. 

I don’t know your dates…but I frequently rent lovely condos at Amelia.  Two or three bedrooms.  I know you can do just a few nights sometimes.  I research on VRBO but rent direct if I can.  Much less pricey than the Ritz.

Hi guys.  I am waaay behind, and will go back to read everything that's been going on around here when I get the chance.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of your thoughts and good wishes for Jim's surgery.

Surgery went well.  We had to be there at 9:00 yesterday morning.  Silly me, I thought I'd be hanging around for the day.  We got there early, and they let me stay in the waiting room with Jim, until they promptly took him to pre-op for his 11:00 surgery.  I had to then go back home (about 1/2 hour from hospital).  The surgeon called me around 1:00 and said all went well, but he couldn't believe the damage Jim had to his knee.  Anyway, the surgeon said Jim would be in recovery for about 2 hours or so.  I wound up calling the hospital after 4 to see if Jim was admitted to his room, and was told he was still in recovery.  Jim finally called me at 5:00 to tell me he was in his room.  He looked good, and we were told he could possibly be going home Tuesday, if his rehab went well.  I talked to Jim this morning, and even though he hadn't started rehab yet, he felt that he'd be coming home with me today.  So, here's hoping.  If not today, tomorrow is another day.  (I actually wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow, since we're going to be getting heavy rain, and it looks like it's about to begin).

So..a big thanks to you all.  You guys are the Best!!❤️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hi guys.  I am waaay behind, and will go back to read everything that's been going on around here when I get the chance.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of your thoughts and good wishes for Jim's surgery.

Surgery went well.  We had to be there at 9:00 yesterday morning.  Silly me, I thought I'd be hanging around for the day.  We got there early, and they let me stay in the waiting room with Jim, until they promptly took him to pre-op for his 11:00 surgery.  I had to then go back home (about 1/2 hour from hospital).  The surgeon called me around 1:00 and said all went well, but he couldn't believe the damage Jim had to his knee.  Anyway, the surgeon said Jim would be in recovery for about 2 hours or so.  I wound up calling the hospital after 4 to see if Jim was admitted to his room, and was told he was still in recovery.  Jim finally called me at 5:00 to tell me he was in his room.  He looked good, and we were told he could possibly be going home Tuesday, if his rehab went well.  I talked to Jim this morning, and even though he hadn't started rehab yet, he felt that he'd be coming home with me today.  So, here's hoping.  If not today, tomorrow is another day.  (I actually wouldn't mind if it was tomorrow, since we're going to be getting heavy rain, and it looks like it's about to begin).

Very happy to hear that all is well. Wishing him a great recovery. Hugs from me when you see him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love this!

This is my concern of doing my semi-live as opposed to a as-if where I can preproduce the content and post it quicker and in sequence without too much posting in the middle. I may do the same. Maybe do the Semi-Live on the main board and then a in depth as-if live here. Thoughts????

Exactly plus I do it hate it when people try to take things off topic.

Agree!!

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann, so glad Jim''s surgery  was successful.  I know it's a great relief. Hope his rehab goes well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So happy for you two.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Surgery went well. 

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very happy to hear that all is well. Wishing him a great recovery. Hugs from me when you see him.

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So happy to hear this Maryann. Please give Jim my wishes for a great rehab and let him know I’ll be joining him in the club soon.

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Agree!!

Maryann, so glad Jim''s surgery  was successful.  I know it's a great relief. Hope his rehab goes well.

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Bionic Knee Club?😁

+5 🥰

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I don’t know your dates…but I frequently rent lovely condos at Amelia.  Two or three bedrooms.  I know you can do just a few nights sometimes.  I research on VRBO but rent direct if I can.  Much less pricey than the Ritz.

Indeed I have been pleasantly surprised at luck we have had with VRBOs.   Not 100%, but close to it.  Always is that one every once in awhile that makes you appreciate the good ones. 😉

I do rely heavily on reviews as well, and never fail to return the favor by posting my own review each time.     

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So happy to hear things went well.  Now on to a speedy recovery!  🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Indeed, it is, even for non-American like us.

We only had a full day in Oahu before our cruise, but we booked the earliest entry to Pearl Harbor the morning of embarkation, and so glad we did.

It was a very moving experience.

USS Arizona still seeping oil...

IMG_20160402_113940.jpg

Wall Memorial

IMG_20160402_114239.jpg

Edited by jagsfan

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Indeed, it is, even for non-American like us.

We only had a full day in Oahu before our cruise, but we booked the earliest entry to Pearl Harbor the morning of embarkation, and so glad we did.

It was a very moving experience.

USS Arizona still seeping oil...

IMG_20160402_113940.jpg

Wall Memorial

IMG_20160402_114239.jpg

I tried to post a comment, but it poofed!

Just wanted to say that what got me more than anything else at the memorial is the little wall near the big Wall Memorial. The big one lists every soul who lost their lives on the Arizona that day. 
The little wall contains the names of survivors who chose to have their ashes brought to the Arizona after they died so they could rejoin their shipmates. 
That really touched my heart. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pat, did you get the appointment of the "land yacht" today?

If so, what's the "verdict"?

Brought it in late yesterday to have it ready to go into the bay at 8 am this morning.  They just called and can't get it it act up, which....IIMHO...is worse than if they found something.  Bucky off on his walk, and will go down there to get it out on the highway to check it out.  

So if it is not broke when they get it...nothing to fix.  Gulp...wonder what it was?  Maybe bad fuel, or carboned up...not sure.  It did sit all summer.  

Sure don't want it acting up when we get all the way across the state.  😮  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So glad it’s over and went well. Now the important part starts! A good rehab will make him a new man!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I tried to post a comment, but it poofed!

Just wanted to say that what got me more than anything else at the memorial is the little wall near the big Wall Memorial. The big one lists every soul who lost their lives on the Arizona that day. 
The little wall contains the names of survivors who chose to have their ashes brought to the Arizona after they died so they could rejoin their shipmates. 
That really touched my heart. 

Just now, mafig said:

I remember being there in the 80s.  At that time they had a recording on the wall.  It said "my name is ____________________.(going through all the names).    For some reason, that really touched me.  It was a drizzly day, I put on sun glasses anyway and just started bawling.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

For us, Hawaiian time is 5 hours earlier than ours.  So if I am seeing this correctly it’s Monday 10am here, 5am in Hawaii and 6pm Tuesday where you are.  My daughter and her husband has gone to Hawaii a few times and love it.  We love the pics from there.  I am sure we will enjoy.

I think you meant today is Tuesday.   😘

I know it is so easy to get days mixed up, I do it all the time.    

• Thanks 1