Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am so sorry I missed responding --- Definitely in my thoughts for a "stable" report.    

Be safe driving to CT or are you already there?    

I went out this morning for a quick stop at produce junction and traffic was horrible and people were driving like they had no idea how to drive.    

I guess I am glad we were are not heading to LBI today for dinner there tomorrow.    

Thanks so much, Debbie!  We will be heading out around 8-8:30 tomorrow morning for our 4 hour trip, that I hope won't be terribly bad, and not much longer than that....wishful thinking, but one can hope!🤞

I know what you're saying about people not knowing how to drive during the Holidays...their minds seem to be on everything but their driving!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We couldn’t find any turkey yesterday but for the first time in about 3 months found cans of caffeine free coke!  Sharon went this morning to Kroger (not as early as you) and found a turkey breast.  With that I have decided to sous vide instead of brine and cook.  This will free up the ovens for everything else being cooked and will not have to be concerned about thawing out.
When all arrived by tonight we will have homemade pizza.  Love family get togethers!

Yay on the caffeine free coke you've been trying to hunt down. Hope you really stocked up.

Kroger had plenty turkeys this morning.  Glad I didn't need one. 

My niece who is hosting Thanksgiving lost 90 pounds, her husband lost 25 pounds, my sister lost 30 pounds.  This better not be a healthy Thanksgiving!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

WISHING ALL OF OUR FRIENDS A SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TOMORROW🦃🦃🦃

Safe travels if you are traveling tomorrow or this weekend.  Safe travels for any family

and friends that may be traveling to visit you!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

My niece who is hosting Thanksgiving lost 90 pounds, her husband lost 25 pounds, my sister lost 30 pounds.  This better not be a healthy Thanksgiving!!

You are too funny, Bonnie!  If so, hopefully you have a back-up plan back at your house tomorrow evening!!😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the town I live in there are only 2 main roads and traditionally the Thanksgiving weekend is overly saturated with traffic.Our drive to our daughter who lives in town is usually 4 minutes.Tomorrow it may be 40 minutes.

My cousin lives on a street in Lawrence on LI that is totally mobbed with bumper to bumper traffic on summer weekends heading to the beach to the beach.  It's virtually impossible to back out of her driveway without inching slowly to the edge of the driveway and having someone be considerate enough to allow her to pull out.

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks so much, Debbie!  We will be heading out around 8-8:30 tomorrow morning for our 4 hour trip, that I hope won't be terribly bad, and not much longer than that....wishful thinking, but one can hope!🤞

I know what you're saying about people not knowing how to drive during the Holidays...their minds seem to be on everything but their driving!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family❤️

Safe travels Maryann, to you and Jim and to all who are traveling!

Have a wonderful, tasty, healthy Thanksgiving everyone!

First thanksgiving GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You are too funny, Bonnie!  If so, hopefully you have a back-up plan back at your house tomorrow evening!!😉

Trust me, Maryann, I'll find SOMETHING to eat. 🤣 Besides, I have leftover sweet and sour cabbage with meatballs (yum)in my fridge and a  Marie Colander's fruit pie that calls to me.  For store bought it's wonderful.  Full of blackberries and raspberries.  You bake it for 70 minutes.  Crust is buttery, flaky and just delicious.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never lost a body part but in December 1998 I had a freak accident.I was crossing a Manhattan street on my lunch area.The heal of one of my shoes got stuck on a manhole that was covered with debris and I went flying into the air.I fell face down in the gutter and was unconscious.Two police officers were at a gas station across the street and ran to me.One stayed with me to make sure that I was not hit by cars.The other ran to flag down an ambulance that he saw .Luckily we were very close to a hospital.

I was in the ER for many hours with many body fractures and spent three nights in the hospital.

OMG that sounds soooo painful. 

I have heard of stories like yours and whenever I go into any city I try to be cautious of manhole covers and grates since I usually have some type of heel on my shoes (I'm a shorty at 5'2.75").   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

So, the bird is now taking a luxurious bath in an aromatic brine.  Hopefully that white meat will be super tasty tomorrow.  Worse case scenario is that it will not be dry, unless I have the same stove as @reallyitsmema. All bets would be off if the oven caught on fire.

I have not set the new oven on fire yet!  I have, unfortunately, burnt the meringue on my lemon tarts 😞 Not a good time to be getting used to a new oven.  They were in for 30 seconds and some are not going to make it to my sister's house tomorrow.  This broiler is much hotter than my other stove.  I might be making a mince pie instead.  At least my cranberry breads came out good.  Pecan rolls get made here but I bake them at my sister's house, so those should be okay.

I should have it all figured out by Christmas!

• Like 7

@grapau27 Pauline not only dresses herself beautifully but she can really transform a tree.  The angel looks very similar to the one we have for our tree.  We bought it on our honeymoon half price.  It had a burnt out bulb that DH was very confident that he could fix.  He did but I was worried she had more issues than that.  It paid off, I will never replace her.

@reallyitsmemaThat stinks.  I have a cookbook with the most delicious looking lemon meringue tarts on the cover.  What about scapping off the topping and trying again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Gobble Gobble to all. my daughter and fellow teachers!C179C539-685C-4821-BAEC-A81BA8447E0A.thumb.jpeg.9830ac68f243ada7c00db1220c91c383.jpeg

They all look awesome!  What a fun bunch!

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Guess you could try this so it's not dry.

20211124_132428.jpg

20211124_132648.jpg

If my turkey saw that it would jump out of the pan and head for the door.  Do you inject it all over or just under the brea** meat?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@grapau27 Pauline not only dresses herself beautifully but she can really transform a tree.  The angel looks very similar to the one we have for our tree.  We bought it on our honeymoon half price.  It had a burnt out bulb that DH was very confident that he could fix.  He did but I was worried she had more issues than that.  It paid off, I will never replace her.

@reallyitsmemaThat stinks.  I have a cookbook with the most delicious looking lemon meringue tarts on the cover.  What about scapping off the topping and trying again. 

Thank you Sheal for your nice words about Pauline.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Lovely tree, but I’d expect nothing less from you and Pauline!  As others have said, your home is so warm and inviting.  

Thank you for your really nice comments.

Pauline picks everything and deserves all the credit.

Graham.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sheal said:

They all look awesome!  What a fun bunch!

If my turkey saw that it would jump out of the pan and head for the door.  Do you inject it all over or just under the brea** meat?

No sure, it's an ounce per pound, I'm just going to shoot it up all over if I can catch it.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sheal said:

That stinks.  I have a cookbook with the most delicious looking lemon meringue tarts on the cover.  What about scapping off the topping and trying again. 

I have some that should be okay if the lemon curd will set up again.  I did a test run of this recipe a few weeks ago so I would have no issues today but for some reason, the curd isn't as firm as I want.  Going to try a few for dessert tonight and make a mince pie if they aren't great.  When I made them before, I brought some to my Mom and she loved them.  She wanted more, so that is why I was doing them.  I usually try not to do a new recipe for a holiday.  Oh well, if the curd sets up, I will try your meringue suggestion.  Thanks. 🙂 

• Like 1