Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Was one of the reasons we had to stop buying tinsel for the tree...years ago.  😉 

I know I haven't used tinsel since I was kid.    I kinda miss it.   

I had a cat "buddy" that constantly climbed up the inside of the tree and everyday I would come home from work the tree would be on the ground and with everything knocked around.   I was living in my first apartment at the time and I put a big anchor in the wall and tied the tree to it and that didn't stop her.   I ended up doing sheetrock repair when I moved out a couple months later.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I haven't used tinsel since I was kid.    I kinda miss it.   

I had a cat "buddy" that constantly climbed up the inside of the tree and everyday I would come home from work the tree would be on the ground and with everything knocked around.   I was living in my first apartment at the time and I put a big anchor in the wall and tied the tree to it and that didn't stop her.   I ended up doing sheetrock repair when I moved out a couple months later.     

In our first apartment, our puppy ate a hole in the kitchen linoleum floor. We lost that security deposit. 

• Haha 1

Tonight, I'm working on an article for a friend to include in a newsletter to his franchisees.  Theme is perseverance.  Trying to find the right quote is the hard part, then everything will come from there.  Leaning towards "To exist is to survive unfair choices" and watching basketball. 

image.thumb.png.f83f712ac4035f36dff80ef48936c720.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Tonight, I'm working on an article for a friend to include in a newsletter to his franchisees.  Theme is perseverance.  Trying to find the right quote is the hard part, then everything will come from there.  Leaning towards "To exist is to survive unfair choices" and watching basketball. 

image.thumb.png.f83f712ac4035f36dff80ef48936c720.png

"Endeavor to persevere.” It's one of my favorite lines from “The Outlaw Josey Wales,” and it's probably my favorite line from any Clint Eastwood film that's not actually spoken by Clint Eastwood. The line (as many, dare I say most of you, already know) was spoken by a character named Lone Watie.

Wikipedia

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I like #6 just because we’re capable of so much more than we think we are

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

"Endeavor to persevere.” It's one of my favorite lines from “The Outlaw Josey Wales,” and it's probably my favorite line from any Clint Eastwood film that's not actually spoken by Clint Eastwood. The line (as many, dare I say most of you, already know) was spoken by a character named Lone Watie.

Wikipedia

I also liked this one “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”  Maya Angelou could write. 

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wikipedia

I have always been a big follower of Westerns and a big fan of Clint Eastwood,Audie Murphy,Alan Ladd,John Wayne etc.

Places like Wyoming and the old Wild West are my favourites.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today is a mini holiday here..........in case you need a reason to celebrate.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Stay healthy

Happy birthday 🎈🎊. You share the same birthday as my son. Will have to celebrate remotely with him tonight, since he is in lockdown in California. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have always been a big follower of Westerns and a big fan of Clint Eastwood,Audie Murphy,Alan Ladd,John Wayne etc.

Places like Wyoming and the old Wild West are my favourites.

On my wall is a quote from The Magnificent Seven  (original)  by James Coburn "Nobody throws me my own guns and says run, nobody." 

Of course, next to it is a quote from Albert Camus (French Philosopher who I doubt ever saw a western) "Integrity has no need of rules".  Next to that is  Ric Flair "To be the man, you got to beat the man".  

My wise says I have a wide circle of influences.     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Today is a mini holiday here..........in case you need a reason to celebrate.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Stay healthy

Happy Birthday Lioness.  Was looking for a reason to eat something sugary.  Thank you for providing. 

50 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Next to that is  Ric Flair "To be the man, you got to beat the man".  

My wise says I have a wide circle of influences.     

The Bacon Brothers view on what makes a man a man.  Yes, that is THE Kevin Bacon singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHc92yUoTnk

Your wife may agree. 🙂

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are hearing the chance for 12 to 18 inches of snow to start early afternoon tomorrow into Thursday morning.   

Ugghh!  It was just in the 60s this past weekend.  

Snow blower ready to go!

Just retired my old and tired 25 yo snowblower for a bigger, more powerful unit (***Tim Allen Home Improvement grunt ***) . Was delivered about a month ago.

Can't wait to use it. Looking forward to shooting snow 40 feet across the hedges into my neighbors yard. Finally, payback for his leaves blowing into my yard. 😃

Now if I can only remember how to start it. I'm sure the owner manual is around here somewhere....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3