Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I haven’t been active on the internet since I got home from the hospital because I feel like I’ve been run over by a fleet of semis. Not so much pain as exhaustion. 
I was scrolling through the humor thread looking for a laugh, and saw my name and replied. 
I’m adding that response here so y’all can see I’m still on the right side of the grass and gradually getting better. 

9AF220B7-1AE4-4087-ACC4-DEEB39767BDD.jpeg

"Hello Mimi, well hello Mimi, it's so nice to have you back where you belong!"  Continued healing prayers are going your way.

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Clothes are washed, and now we are packed.  Suitcases ready to go out to the my little SUV tomorrow morning.  Oh...and the new washer/dryer worked beautifully!  Washer is sooooo quiet!  I had to put my ear to the top to see if it was running...but also has a glass top to watch it woosh around.  😉 

Will feel really strange driving to the port again after almost 2 years!  😮  Nice it only takes us 20 minutes.  

Pretty sure we overpacked.  I am out of practice of being a practical packer.  😵  Hoping to be enjoying happy hour on board Harmony this time tomorrow.  

Overpacking for a cruise is a given! 🤣 Hoping you and Bucky will have a mahhhhvelous cruise filled with sunny skies and smooth sails. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

So sorry for your loss, even when expected it is still a loss.  Prayers for you and the family.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I haven’t been active on the internet since I got home from the hospital because I feel like I’ve been run over by a fleet of semis. Not so much pain as exhaustion. 
I was scrolling through the humor thread looking for a laugh, and saw my name and replied. 
I’m adding that response here so y’all can see I’m still on the right side of the grass and gradually getting better. 

Thank you for the update, not good that you had to go through all of that but glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.  Keep up with that ocean therapy it definitely does help for many of us.  Prayers for continued recovery.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Clothes are washed, and now we are packed.  Suitcases ready to go out to the my little SUV tomorrow morning.  Oh...and the new washer/dryer worked beautifully!  Washer is sooooo quiet!  I had to put my ear to the top to see if it was running...but also has a glass top to watch it woosh around.  😉 

Will feel really strange driving to the port again after almost 2 years!  😮  Nice it only takes us 20 minutes.  

Pretty sure we overpacked.  I am out of practice of being a practical packer.  😵  Hoping to be enjoying happy hour on board Harmony this time tomorrow.  

Bon voyage Pat.

Wishing you and Bucky a fantastic cruise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

May he rest in peace.   So Sorry to hear of your loss.    Our condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It’s so exciting to see you touch base!  Thankful you made it though the hospital experience.  That sure sounds like a tough time to fight through.  Prayers that you continue to improve.  I can’t even imagine how worn out one would be after 11 days in the hospital!  Thanks for the update.

• Like 4

Awhile back we bought the grandkids small Christmas trees to put up in their rooms.  While Caden was putting his up he was having a hard time finding what he needed to hang ornaments so he yelled out to mom…… Hey mom, where are the hookers? 😂 

image.thumb.jpeg.443d02b00f5503bec9b6f8565ea21786.jpeg

Kensie wanted in the pic.

image.thumb.jpeg.241b30acafc1b102b065bdfe4c604775.jpeg

This is Aubrey’s.  Notice the string she put up on her closet door.  She doesn’t want anyone sneaking a peak at the Christmas gifts she’s giving.  👀 

image.thumb.jpeg.017c83d654f6863ea7a9b81008623e3c.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Awhile back we bought the grandkids small Christmas trees to put up in their rooms.  While Caden was putting his up he was having a hard time finding what he needed to hang ornaments so he yelled out to mom…… Hey mom, where are the hookers? 😂 

image.thumb.jpeg.443d02b00f5503bec9b6f8565ea21786.jpeg

Kensie wanted in the pic.

image.thumb.jpeg.241b30acafc1b102b065bdfe4c604775.jpeg

This is Aubrey’s.  Notice the string she put up on her closet door.  She doesn’t want anyone sneaking a peak at the Christmas gifts she’s giving.  👀 

image.thumb.jpeg.017c83d654f6863ea7a9b81008623e3c.jpeg

I got small trees for our kids’ bedrooms mainly to save our big one and its ornaments. 
Those little trees got decorated and un decorated every day. 
It will be even more fun when Kensie gets to participate!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I got small trees for our kids’ bedrooms mainly to save our big one and its ornaments. 
Those little trees got decorated and un decorated every day. 
It will be even more fun when Kensie gets to participate!

Brilliant!!🎄

2 hours ago, island lady said:

As we’re sailing on Edge tomorrow I’ll raise a glass in the air to toast your cruise!

Even before covid I’d somewhat succeeded in under packing with my “you’ll never see these people again” approach…

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

I don't really understand the whole electric vehicle thing.  I drive a lot of miles and like long road trips.  I would not want to have to plan a trip around charging stations or have to wait for it to charge.  Everything here is far away so just to go to a tractor show I would have to plan a charge somewhere.  I bought my car last year and it will probably be my last new car.  

I agree with you, Keksie.  We drive back and forth to and from Florida every Winter, and there's no way we want an electrical vehicle.  With that said, I love my Ryobi battery operated lawn mower, but it only lasts an hour or so before having to be charged up again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Did I wish you a wonderful cruise ? If not I am doing so now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Jim got his Covid Booster today;  I got my 2nd Shingrix shot today, 10 days after my Booster.

Done and done!!!!

Great.Toby is having her Booster Dec.6 and I am getting the Shingles vaccine Dec.10.The only one left for me is the Pneumonia vaccine.I had one in 2013 and my Pulmonary doctor said that people over 65 only need that one but my primary care doctor said that is no longer so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Excellent!     Happy to hear everything is working out for your sailing tomorrow. 

Bon Voyage Pat and Bucky.

Have a Wonderful cruise🥰

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We are so happy to hear from you.    We were all worried and praying for you.   Sounds like you quite the ordeal but glad to hear you were able to join family for Thanksgiving and an Oceanview too!

Little by little you will get stronger and stronger.   😍

• Like 5

So after we he horrible Turkey dinner we had, Linda and I decided to make our own Thanksgiving feast. I bribed a fresh turkey for 24 hours than made stuffing, egg noodles, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy and cream cheese corn. 
turkey was so good and moist! Winner winner chicken….no turkey dinner.22B4E82D-A72A-4284-9596-A6A29D724D97.thumb.jpeg.5f7e9f4524fde62d2665920cde4f0d1a.jpeg69E91CE4-6FA6-4F57-B69E-5D6A8C149F73.thumb.jpeg.eda9fe4b65beef5ef991ceacc710178a.jpeg

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So after we he horrible Turkey dinner we had, Linda and I decided to make our own Thanksgiving feast. I bribed a fresh turkey for 24 hours than made stuffing, egg noodles, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy and cream cheese corn. 
turkey was so good and moist! Winner winner chicken….no turkey dinner.22B4E82D-A72A-4284-9596-A6A29D724D97.thumb.jpeg.5f7e9f4524fde62d2665920cde4f0d1a.jpeg69E91CE4-6FA6-4F57-B69E-5D6A8C149F73.thumb.jpeg.eda9fe4b65beef5ef991ceacc710178a.jpeg

Looks like you may have leftover turkey!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What did you bribe the turkey with?  😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

What did you bribe the turkey with?  😆

Guilty of fat fingers when I type. Lol should be brine. Kinda hard to bribe that bird at this point. He lost his say at the butcher’s shop. The brine that I did use was Lee Drummond’s (pioneer woman) brine. Turned out great.

• Like 4