Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great memories.     

I remember that "vent" window.   I wish we still had it as I always like to have a window slightly open no matter what the temp is.    I like fresh air.   

I have said that so many times. That vent window meant you could breathe fresh air without your hair becoming a tangled dried out mess. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would love to hear your parodies. Any recordings? I have this Vaughn Monroe Christmas song in my collection. It's a good one.

@Sea Dog  is this the same Vaughn Monroe that did "Ghost Riders In The Sky"?

Love this thread!  Thank you @dani negreanu for starting it!  I don't post often, but I try to keep up with the posts.

Merry Christmas to all.  Currently in No. Calif. at my brothers, but will probably head home tomorrow due to traffic and weather.  Besides, I hope to board the Navigator OTS on their 12/31 cruise. 🍾🍾

Happy Holidays to everyone!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Shared on the humor thread

I refuse to put on winter tires because:
• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).
• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.
• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
• We do not know what the tires are made of.
• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires! 😁

Sarcasm at its finest. 
Someone on our Next Door (neighborhood app) apropo of absolutely nothing, went into a tirade today saying he’s too smart to be a mask wearing sheep and that it’s the multinationals that are spreading fear to enrich themselves. 

5 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Love this thread!  Thank you @dani negreanu for starting it!  I don't post often, but I try to keep up with the posts.

Merry Christmas to all.  Currently in No. Calif. at my brothers, but will probably head home tomorrow due to traffic and weather.  Besides, I hope to board the Navigator OTS on their 12/31 cruise. 🍾🍾

Happy Holidays to you, and I hope we get wonderful reports on your cruise!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

It is the same Vaughn Monroe Pat. I hope it is warm for you on your cruise. It has been freezing and wet up here. And yes, please let us know how it goes, and take photos, please. :classic_biggrin: Merry Christmas! And have a wonderful time on your New Year's cruise! 

Edited by Coralc

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Debbie.

Just do not ever call me Debra (or Debra Lynn) that was what my Mother called me if I was in trouble for something.   Not that I was ever in trouble for anything😇

LOL.  Thanks for the memory....Mine was Patricia Lynn....I knew I was in BIG trouble!! 👼

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is the same Vaughn Monroe Pat. I hope it is warm for you on your cruise. It has been freezing and wet up here. And yes, please let us know how it goes, and take photos, please. :classic_biggrin: Merry Christmas! And have a wonderful time on your New Year's cruise! 

Thanks Patti!  I know it's cold and wet!!  This So. Cal girl is not used to this!  🥶 

Although today was actually quite nice here (North of Sacramento)...sun was out and it was warm. 

I hope some of this rain makes it to So. Cal.  🙏

Hope to see you again on an upcoming cruise. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for all the best wishes.

I had my op at 09.30am and home by 11.00am GMT.

Pauline waited in the car in the hospital car park so I'm pleased I was done quickly.

I have to go back next Thursday to get the stitches out.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

I am so glad that this was finally taken care of. Prayers for fast healing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Yes it is. Great song.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes it is. Great song.

I actually prefer newer versions of "Ghost Riders in the Sky" by other performers. It is kind of like Istanbul (not Constantinople) by "They Might be Giants" is a much better song and beat than the original 1950's recording. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

Add my younger son to the Covid list.  Confirmed today. So he and his wife of two months not joining us as expected tomorrow. Older son, his wife and their three kids ages 4, 2, and 5 months will join us this evening and tomorrow. 

It is what it is. 😉

Merry Christmas, all. I am staring at our fireplace. 

20211224_172342.thumb.jpg.a6ab322624efb6a2775c7a480ecc3d41.jpg

So sorry your younger son has Covid.

Prayers 🙏 he has no or only mild symptoms.

Happy Christmas to you and all your family.

Graham.

@grapau27 Merry Christmas! :classic_smile: Since we have been celebrating. I have a question for folks in Great Britain, including @sgmn and others. 

If biscuits are cookies, (and we love cookies) what do you call actual biscuits, that you have with butter or jam and do you have bread in a tube? It is one of those curious conversations. :classic_biggrin:

large_8b3e3f82-5f84-494a-bfa6-7ad40607a418.webp

• Haha 1

CE0644BE-0AE1-4201-A8F8-B5128B671D0B.thumb.jpeg.91b36004e215603c34f7e3881295eba8.jpeg

Well it’s 3am and I who is a Christmas freak is in my happy place. After a wonderful evening with family at Linda’s cousin’s house (who lives right up the street big bonus) we came back to watch the traditional Christmas movie “Christmas Vacation” then throw reindeer dust in the front yard ( which is food for Santa’s reindeer) then meeting up with Santa to place presents beneath the tree.  Now it’s time to wind down with some Christmas music and then go outside and look for the brightest star and make a Christmas prayer and wish. It’s something I’ve done since I was a kid. I’m all about traditions. From my family to your I wish you a very merry Christmas.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3