Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

OOOO all those wonderful Christmas tree/decorations.  Like Dani said "a feast for the eyes".  Please continue to post, maybe a photo of your favorite tree ornament and why it's so special.

Healing prayers to all impacted with covid.

Because Dick basically put a sample of our ornaments on the tree, (not that I’m complaining), some of my favorites didn’t make the cut!

What did was Uncle Billy, which does not and never did look like my brother, who does not have red hair. Our daughter, Lisa, is 59. I bought the ornament when she was 4, and she took one look at the ornament and said “Uncle Billy! 55 years later, the first thing anyone in the family does is look for Uncle Billy. 
The one with the church I bought at the Christkindlmarket in Salzburg Austria and the one with the wintry trees is only a few years old, but I think it’s really pretty. 

FF2A6CD0-02FE-4AC3-B5BF-6CF5B95CCA5B.jpeg

F9B2F90D-B1C1-4616-B837-A24F1BBED96E.jpeg

B99F302E-B80D-4052-9584-5D34FA5D1F96.jpeg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like he is holding up the front of his shirt and taking a leak.

I thought he had an accident and was holding the wet pants off of him.

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Medium rare it is. 

For yesterday’s meal I cooked a chuck roast for 24 hours at 140°.  Medium rare to medium.  It was so tender.

• Like 3

We had a beautiful Christmas at my Brothers house.  Lots of turkey and all the fixings...delicious.

My SILs Mother was so happy to spend the day the day with everyone.

We didnt receive our covid test results till 10 pm last night.

Happy they were negative so we dont have to call today and tell anyone we were positive😍

This was the tests we had done Thursday around 1 pm at Walgreens.  Not going to rely on them for our cruise.

I was able to book rapid tests at Cvs for friday jan 7th and we have back up plan of home kits.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Well today I get to take the time and reflect on the  last few days.

Christmas Eve we celebrated with our daughter and son in law.

Dinner consisted of:

Shrimp cocktail to start

Prime Rib

Twice baked potatoes

Green Bean casserole

Caesar salad

Hawaiian rolls

Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard cake for dessert.

Then, opened gifts and just relaxed and did something old fashioned,

we talked as a family.

Christmas morning had a breakfast brunch

Consisted of 

Blueberry waffles

Sausage and bacon

Scrambled eggs

Rye toast

No pictures because we all agree graciously it was a time of people and not electronics.

Then

One off my best friends had surgery a few weeks back and the family she has left, well, she thought Christmas spirit would bring them together....................it did not.

So we packed up a Christmas meal and took the gifts already bought, that I was going to deliver this week over yesterday.........................the look on her face,  was all it took to make my Christmas complete.

Then what to do what to do for Christmas dinner.

It would be just me and the spouse.

We did not want leftovers.

A couple carry outs were open.

Vietnamese, Mediterranean, and Chinese to name a few.

We settled and enjoyed General TSO Chicken, and flied lice, and egg rolls of course in quacker sauce.

Today is our DD's 27th birthday and of course being the literate mom that I am posted on that other media site.

Take care.

Keep the joy and happiness of the Christmas Spirit alive and live it every day

♥️

Now you have me wanting Chinese! Especially after two holiday meals in a row!

Beef tenderloin, Yorkshire pudding and veggies Christmas Eve at 8pm. 
Rib roast, Yorkshire in a popover pan, lots more veggies Christmas Day at 4pm. 

On Christmas Eve, and any meals with them, our  wonderful son-in-law Jon, packages plenty of to go containers for us before we even sit down to eat. Even the bread pudding soufflé with whiskey sauce. 
Tonight we should be hungry enough to start refeasting!

Tomorrow I see my cardiologist for my post surgery follow up. 

1D153728-DAB0-4E37-8C2D-95E9EE55923D.jpeg

2BA3980B-D3BE-470C-9E0E-52A622E688B9.jpeg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

He is shining one side of the cricket ball.

He is a fast bowler and if one side of the ball is shiny it helps the ball seam and swing which makes it more difficult for the batsman to know if the ball will swing in to him or away from him.

Graham.

There is a Cricket league in NYC.They used to play games not too far from where I lived .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Now you have me wanting Chinese! Especially after two holiday meals in a row!

Beef tenderloin, Yorkshire pudding and veggies Christmas Eve at 8pm. 
Rib roast, Yorkshire in a popover pan, lots more veggies Christmas Day at 4pm. 

On Christmas Eve, and any meals with them, our  wonderful son-in-law Jon, packages plenty of to go containers for us before we even sit down to eat. Even the bread pudding soufflé with whiskey sauce. 
Tonight we should be hungry enough to start refeasting!

Tomorrow I see my cardiologist for my post surgery follow up. 

1D153728-DAB0-4E37-8C2D-95E9EE55923D.jpeg

2BA3980B-D3BE-470C-9E0E-52A622E688B9.jpeg

Good luck tomorrow with the cardiologist.

Graham.

I wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing everyone’s beautiful holiday decorations and wonderful food!  And hearing how much enjoyment (was going to add “joy” and realized it’s already there!) you all had being with family and loved ones recently.  It’s been like watching a marathon of reality happy family Christmas shows!  (Survivor Christmas:  Last Tree Standing!)

This was an especially hard Christmas time for me because my father died earlier this year…and I can’t hold on to seeking comfort in my memories as his death revealed some terrible betrayals that cost me my relationship with my remaining sibling as well as throwing a dark sick miasma over all of the past.

The only way to deal with this is to move forward, try to forget and perhaps one day to forgive.  

Everyone count their blessings.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NHProud said:

Can you share the recipe for the lobster mac and cheese ? My two favorites !  Thank you.

Joyeux Noël ! 

Here is how I make my Lobster Mac-and -Cheese. It's a combination of two recipes. The Capital Grill Lobster Mac--and -Cheese which is here:

https://www.familycookbookproject.com/recipe/3112332/capital-grille-lobster-mac-and-cheese.html

And a recipe adapted from Cal Hancock of the Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company, this recipe beat out Bobby Flay’s version in a 2010 episode of "Throwdown!" Recipe here:

https://newengland.com/today/food/main-dishes/lobster/lobster-mac-cheese/

I make the crunchy topping from Cal Hancock's Recipe but tweak it this way.

In a saucepan melt 2Tbsp. butter

Add 1 clove garlic minced and sauté  for 1-2 minute

Add 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs

Add 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley

Add 1 Tbsp. Chives

Add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

ADD 1 tsp. Lemon Zest

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2tsp. White Pepper.

Mix together to blend then add

2 Tbsp. Finely grated Parmesan Cheese or Romano ( I do half and half)

Mix then set aside.

While boiling shells pasta. I use medium shells but I have also used the large Sea Shells.

Here is where I flip back and forth between the two recipes. I make a roux  from the Cal Hancock's recipe but then make the cheese sauce from Capital Grills recipe. The roux really makes a nice thick sauce. I will also add some grated Parmesan to the cheese sauce. I always grate extra cheese from the Grana Padano, Havarti and White Cheddar and mix in to taste.

Here is a couple of tips if making for a large dinner. If you don't want to pay a lot of money for Lobster use Langistino (from Costco)  which is Spanish for “little lobster.”  Langostino's taste and texture are similar to lobster meat but is a lot cheaper . Most people can not tell the difference.

Also if for a large group or traveling to another house. Put mixture in a croc pot and keep warm adding some heavy cream or half and half to keep moist so that the cheese does not stick together and helps to keep it creamy.

I made this yesterday for our large Christmas day family dinner. It was a hit and everyone ate all of it. I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Cheers,

Sea Dog Greg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is how I make my Lobster Mac-and -Cheese. It's a combination of two recipes. The Capital Grill Lobster Mac--and -Cheese which is here:

https://www.familycookbookproject.com/recipe/3112332/capital-grille-lobster-mac-and-cheese.html

And a recipe adapted from Cal Hancock of the Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company, this recipe beat out Bobby Flay’s version in a 2010 episode of "Throwdown!" Recipe here:

Add 1 Tbsp. Chives

Add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

ADD 1 tsp. Lemon Zest

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2tsp. White Pepper.

Mix then set aside.

While boiling shells pasta. I use medium shells but I have also used the large Sea Shells.

Here is where I flip back and forth between the two recipes. I make a roux  from the Cal Hancock's recipe but then make the cheese sauce from Capital Grills recipe. The roux really makes a nice thick sauce. I will also add some grated Parmesan to the cheese sauce. I always grate extra cheese from the Grana Padano, Havarti and White Cheddar and mix in to taste.

Here is a couple of tips if making for a large dinner. If you don't want to pay a lot of money for Lobster use Langistino (from Costco)  which is Spanish for “little lobster.”  Langostino's taste and texture are similar to lobster meat but is a lot cheaper . Most people can not tell the difference.

Also if for a large group or traveling to another house. Put mixture in a croc pot and keep warm adding some heavy cream or half and half to keep moist so that the cheese does not stick together and helps to keep it creamy.

I made this yesterday for our large Christmas day family dinner. It was a hit and everyone ate all of it. I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Cheers,

Sea Dog Greg

This sounds amazing.  I am definitely saving this recipe to try in near future🤩

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing everyone’s beautiful holiday decorations and wonderful food!  And hearing how much enjoyment (was going to add “joy” and realized it’s already there!) you all had being with family and loved ones recently.  It’s been like watching a marathon of reality happy family Christmas shows!  (Survivor Christmas:  Last Tree Standing!)

This was an especially hard Christmas time for me because my father died earlier this year…and I can’t hold on to seeking comfort in my memories as his death revealed some terrible betrayals that cost me my relationship with my remaining sibling as well as throwing a dark sick miasma over all of the past.

The only way to deal with this is to move forward, try to forget and perhaps one day to forgive.  

Sorry to hear this Helen.

We know by experience with Pauline's sister and her husband lies and betrayal.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes.

Take care.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We have a lego fan in our family so our “theme” this year is Lego

Those look amazing. I love it.

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A feast for the eyes… hoe about ribeyes.  Dinner tonight. 

You are a steak master. That looks amazing and is cooked perfect. Do you put any kind of rub on it or just salt and pepper?

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Prime Rib Tonight

500 degrees 30 minutes in oven, then turn oven off and leave Prime Rib Roast in for 2 additional hours, with oven off and do not open the door until the 2 hours is up.

Looks great. I do something very similar adapted from Paula Dean and Alton Brown.

Adapted from Paula Dean and Alton Brown

I (5 Pound) standing rib roast Extra Virgin Olive Oil Seasoning

I-cup salt 1/4-cup black pepper 1/4 Cup Garlic powder

Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
Rub
/coat the roast with olive oil.
Rub/coat the roast with the seasoning. Make enough to fully cover the roast. Place the roast on a rack in the pan with rib side down and fatty side up. Roast for 1hour.

Turn the oven off - Leave the roast in the oven but do not open the oven door for 3 hours. About 30 - 45 minutes before serving time, turn the oven to 375 degrees F. and re-heat the roast.

*****Important*****
Do not remove the roast or open the oven door from the time the roast is put in until ready to serve. If you wish to use a remote thermometer, place the probe in the roast prior to cooking.

This recipe results in a roast that is rare. It is recommended that a pot of beef broth be available on the stove warmed to a simmer. Rare servings may be placed in the broth to finish to medium or well done in a short amount of time without drying out the meat.

Sauce Recipe:
I - l/2-cups of good mayonnaise

3-tablespoons ofDijon mustard
I 1/2-tablespoons whole-grain mustard I-tablespoon prepared horseradish I
I3-cup sour cream

1/4 -teaspoon kosher salt
Blend all ingredients together in a bowl

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dogyour video of your son is beautiful.  Love the change from the eagerness of the early years to the sleepiness of the teen years.  Your son is fortunate to have loving parents and the same beautiful home his entire life.

Thank you so much. I'm glad I stuck with it every year to do it. One year I almost forgot to shoot video.

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What is that guy doing?

That's exactly what I thought 😃

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

These chocolate's our Sarah bought me have appeared on my Knees 😋😋😋.

Those look amazing. Sweets for a very sweet man.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

First  Christmas without Dan.  Did not go see the family.  Had stone crabs with my friend here at the house.  Pretty sad day all in all.:classic_sad:

My heart breaks for you. I remember my Christmas after my dad died it was very hard but every year I honor him by putting out some hand made Christmas decorations he made. It is a wonderful memory.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Those look amazing. I love it.

You are a steak master. That looks amazing and is cooked perfect. Do you put any kind of rub on it or just salt and pepper?

Looks great. I do something very similar adapted from Paula Dean and Alton Brown.

Adapted from Paula Dean and Alton Brown

I (5 Pound) standing rib roast Extra Virgin Olive Oil Seasoning

I-cup salt 1/4-cup black pepper 1/4 Cup Garlic powder

Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
Rub
/coat the roast with olive oil.
Rub/coat the roast with the seasoning. Make enough to fully cover the roast. Place the roast on a rack in the pan with rib side down and fatty side up. Roast for 1hour.

Turn the oven off - Leave the roast in the oven but do not open the oven door for 3 hours. About 30 - 45 minutes before serving time, turn the oven to 375 degrees F. and re-heat the roast.

*****Important*****
Do not remove the roast or open the oven door from the time the roast is put in until ready to serve. If you wish to use a remote thermometer, place the probe in the roast prior to cooking.

This recipe results in a roast that is rare. It is recommended that a pot of beef broth be available on the stove warmed to a simmer. Rare servings may be placed in the broth to finish to medium or well done in a short amount of time without drying out the meat.

Sauce Recipe:
I - l/2-cups of good mayonnaise

3-tablespoons ofDijon mustard
I 1/2-tablespoons whole-grain mustard I-tablespoon prepared horseradish I
I3-cup sour cream

1/4 -teaspoon kosher salt
Blend all ingredients together in a bowl

Thank you so much. I'm glad I stuck with it every year to do it. One year I almost forgot to shoot video.

That's exactly what I thought 😃

Those look amazing. Sweets for a very sweet man.

My heart breaks for you. I remember my Christmas after my dad died it was very hard but every year I honor him by putting out some hand made Christmas decorations he made. It is a wonderful memory.

Thank you Greg.

Graham.

• Like 1

So much to talk about Christmas but today we will get the best Christmas present, our precious puppy Elizabeth "Lizzie." Pics and videos probably tonight as we will pick her up later this afternoon.

Yesterday on Christmas Linda gave me some new ornaments for our tree.  Two honoring our beloved Maggie and Penny who will always be missed and remembered.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a223.thumb.jpg.80bf5489a34a84632ff253408bad8aea.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a225.thumb.jpg.f20175189956a5ac20779ac99384cd85.jpg

And then a new ornament for the newest addition to the family Elizabeth "Lizzy."

IMG_7559.thumb.jpg.70961c33e32d42f85305b36f81935fde.jpg

IMG_7560.thumb.jpg.150d5c9adb15853f4ffd97878d799271.jpg

• Like 26

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So much to talk about Christmas but today we will get the best Christmas present, our precious puppy Elizabeth "Lizzie." Pics and videos probably tonight as we will pick her up later this afternoon.

Yesterday on Christmas Linda gave me some new ornaments for our tree.  Two honoring our beloved Maggie and Penny who will always be missed and remembered.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a223.thumb.jpg.80bf5489a34a84632ff253408bad8aea.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a225.thumb.jpg.f20175189956a5ac20779ac99384cd85.jpg

And then a new ornament for the newest addition to the family Elizabeth "Lizzy."

IMG_7559.thumb.jpg.70961c33e32d42f85305b36f81935fde.jpg

IMG_7560.thumb.jpg.150d5c9adb15853f4ffd97878d799271.jpg

Lovely tree ornaments Greg.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Add 1 Tbsp. Chives

Add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

ADD 1 tsp. Lemon Zest

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2tsp. White Pepper.

Mix then set aside.

Cheers,

Sea Dog Greg

Thank you , Greg , for remembering about posting the recipe . You are a man of many talents .  I will certainly try it .  Take care and much love to Lizzie .

• Like 1

We are halfway to Huntsville Alabama.  Going to spend a few days with Sharon’s mom and sister.  It has been foggy today but still a good drive.  I can’t believe how accurate the waze app is with warnings.  I sure am enjoying the heated seat.  Feels good on the back.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Helen, I am so sorry. It will be a long time before the pain eases. You are one of so many who have had bad things uncovered after a death. Nothing anyone says can make it better. 
Time, maybe, and realizing those things were always there, you just didn’t know about them. 
Hopefully it will all start receding, pushed away by good things in your life. 
Wishing you a good 2022, one that gives you bright and happy memories to hang onto. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Add 1 Tbsp. Chives

Add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

ADD 1 tsp. Lemon Zest

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2tsp. White Pepper.

Mix then set aside.

Cheers,

Sea Dog Greg

I have always been such a purist when it comes to lobster, I don’t like Lobster Newburg. Having read the recipes and how you’ve used the best of both, I’m ready to indulge. Do you ship???

• Like 1
  • Haha 4