Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Mimi- My goodness,you took quite a fall today !

Hoping you  recover nicely and soon.

I took a fall last December,tripping over empty cartons that I left on the guest bedroom floor as I took out the Christmas gifts that needed to be wrapped. Haven’t left empty cartons on the floor since !

I hit the right side of my head near my eye on a sharp edge of a hope chest.

Hubby was on the treadmill in another bedroom.Heard me yelling and came ASAP.

Blood dripping on me and the carpet. I had a pretty good gash that needed tending for a couple of weeks. He was a good nurse.

I found the fall to be unsettling.

Try to take it easy in the next few days.Maybe sitting outside in the FL sunshine may help you

.Take care

MJ🙋🏻

I agree with a fall being unsettling. I usually pay attention when I walk, but after a fall I’m more tentative and change directions like Methuselah would. 
I really hope I don’t forget and trip myself again!

• Like 5

Christmas had been packed away at our house, inside and out. Owen also found out the start of his school had been delayed to Wednesday from Monday. 

A few picks from our day.

We ordered 6 boxes before Christmas and thought today would be a good day for a test. Owen has had a cold since the 26th and is almost over it. Grandmas are coming for dinner tomorrow so we thought it wasn’t a bad idea. 

A3FEA58B-BA05-46E2-8F87-53775FECFF37.thumb.jpeg.939090906ffa96d5f840c38ddb5389b7.jpeg

And for @Ocean BoyI’m posting this early tonight. That way I’m not making him hungry before bed. 

Local fried chicken. 

C6238A83-81F7-4598-9079-0E63B668585A.thumb.jpeg.3310ac9df99ffe28b9985e273abd02c6.jpeg

Homemade corn bread. Veggies and dip might have been consumed as well. 

57CB5CE9-F16B-49C3-907E-C895D1932A67.thumb.jpeg.df8fb02c0784052c779ef8c81dfc5cdb.jpeg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We got our first black and white tv delivered when I was 3.  I remember it so well.  The delivery man turned on Howdy Doody and said all the kids seemed to like it.  I remember the last show when Clarabelle spoke for the only time during the run of the show.  He said "bye kids".  I later found out he was Bob Keeshan, Captain Kangaroo, a show I never liked.

Fast forward to sometime in the 70s when Jack and I bought my parents their first color tv.  My father said the color was too bold and didn't look natural.  May he rest in peace, he never took to progress well.  

The first show I saw on TV was Captain Video.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My parents spent $800 for their console black and white TV .It lasted 41 years.

I do not recall what my parents paid for their first console color TV but I know my Dad bought the family a VCR for $800 (late 70's or maybe 1980) .    I had that VCR for many many years after I moved out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like a wonderful evening. 

How is Toby feeling?  Has the pain in her legs subsided?

Thanks for asking,Debbie.She graduated from PT today.The pain is gone from her leg.However,the MRI that she took last month showed that she has a fracture of the back.The doctor sent her for a Bone Density test and that showed Osteoporosis.She went to a Rheumatologist as well as another doctor for a second opinion.Both doctors want her to take injections of Prolia which has horrific side effects.Yesterday she went to my Cardiologist for his opinion.He is sending her for a Cardiac Cat Scan.

On Monday she is conferring with her primary care doctor.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do not recall what my parents paid for their first console color TV but I know my Dad bought the family a VCR for $800 (late 70's or maybe 1980) .    I had that VCR for many many years after I moved out.

I still have the two VCR’s that I bought in the early 80’s.I have hundreds of VHS tapes plus my wedding video was converted from whatever was used in 1967 for filming .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I must clarify that I was a young child when that color tv entered my family home😁

We lived in an apartment building in Brooklyn.In 1948 one of our neighbors bought a TV and every night invited neighbors to his apartment to watch one show.For my parents and I it was Tuesday to see Milton Berle.

• Like 3

Thank God for this thread.🙏

Thank you Dani!🥰

I am mentally fatigued just reading the main RC board's threads. These people are worse than the relentless squirrel in my back yard that keeps trying and trying to topple the bird feeder everytime I straighten it out. These fear mongers are starting thread after thread even when mods are deleting and locking them down. And all the arm chair covid pundits are just biting into the discussion!  I have disabled all the alerts so I am not tempted to read them. Infuriating!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I am mentally fatigued just reading the main RC board's threads.

Just "concentrate" on the good things -- tomorrow (for me is today, Dec. 31st) is your daughter b'day.

So, Happy Birthday to "Arzeena" 's daughter 💐

On this occasion, also Happy Birthday to Andrew @A&L_Ont  🍁

The same to @Luckynana 's god daughter 🌷

And, last but not least -- to Muffin @dbancroft

On another happy note, Happy Wedding Anniversary to Judy & Mr. @NHProud 🌼

A very happy and healthy New Year to all "my" thread friends

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonanza was watched on our B&W tv when I was a child.  Probably not a young 'un.

My grandmother watched Sam Levinson on a teeny b&w screen in a dark room. 
We’d be visiting Long Island from Florida, but everything stopped when Sam Levinson came on. 

• Like 3

@jagsfan OMG Mimi!  That must’ve been so scary! “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”!.  I’m glad it wasn’t more serious and you’re knee is better soon. 

@Sea Dog  those little puppy faces are sooooo cute!  I love the pack n play for your “babies”. 
@A&L_Ont did I miss your birthday?  I hope it was happy!  Also, glad to see those negative test results.  I wish we could get out hands on some rapid tests just in case.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks for asking,Debbie.She graduated from PT today.The pain is gone from her leg.However,the MRI that she took last month showed that she has a fracture of the back.The doctor sent her for a Bone Density test and that showed Osteoporosis.She went to a Rheumatologist as well as another doctor for a second opinion.Both doctors want her to take injections of Prolia which has horrific side effects.Yesterday she went to my Cardiologist for his opinion.He is sending her for a Cardiac Cat Scan.

On Monday she is conferring with her primary care doctor.

Happy to hear the PT helped with her leg pain but so sorry to hear she is dealing with the back issues and osteoporosis.

The other day when you asked if anyone knew about Prolia I looked it up and saw a list of horrible side effects.  Definitely worth consulting with others before a decision for best treatment is made.  

She is my thoughts and prayers.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A bit of Guy Lombardo trivia.He spent his last years in Freeport,Long Island  .There is a street in the town named after him.

I can add to that Lenny, he was born in the town nearest me. 

• Like 2