Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, George C said:

Another Hollywood great just passed Sidney Poitier loved all his films .

I had not heard. I was first introduced to him in "To Sir, With Love" then the movie Lillies Of the Field". He seemed like such a gentleman.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 for a negative test result Debbie.

WooHoo!    We both tested negative for Covid and can board the Anthem OTS this Sunday for the 1st leg of 11 nights.     All packed and ready to go.   As soon as we got the test results I moved my luggage from spare bedroom to the foyer.   

After we spent the morning shoveling 3 driveways (ours and 2 older neighbors) I am ready for some warm sun and warm caribbean sea.    

Hopefully all goes well for the 2nd leg for another 11 nights so we can meet up with Marietta and Charlie😍

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WooHoo!    We both tested negative for Covid and can board the Anthem OTS this Sunday for the 1st leg of 11 nights.     All packed and ready to go.   As soon as we got the test results I moved my luggage from spare bedroom to the foyer.   

After we spent the morning shoveling 3 driveways (ours and 2 older neighbors) I am ready for some warm sun and warm caribbean sea.    

Hopefully all goes well for the 2nd leg for another 11 nights so we can meet up with Marietta and Charlie😍

Fantastic news Debbie.

Wishing you an amazing b2b cruise.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Are y’all feeling the earthquakes?

Not James but we live just north of Myrtle Beach, we felt nothing here, nice sunny, but chilly day.

@DaniDanielle Happy Birthday!!

To all who have upcoming cruises, wishing you the best with whatever you choose, there is no correct answer for all only what you are comfortable with.

Just saw a number of ships have upcoming sailing cancelled.  We are scheduled on Mariner in early Feb, not sure what I hope anymore ☹ other for this virus to get out of here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Dogs are pretty smart. Penny knew if she went to potty I would give her a treat. After a while she would scratch at the door to be let out, squat and fake it as if she pee'd then look to get a treat. I was a a sucker until I realized she was just faking it to get a treat.

Wait till it gets to the point that they paw at the back door and once you open it they turn and sit in front of the cookie jar without even going outside to fake it.  Merlin hasn't got to that point yet but our last dog, Sparky, had that one mastered.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@molly361

Ellen, I really hope you'll enjoy your cruise. Yes, it will be bittersweet. May the sweet part abound 😘

@Sunshine3601

Debbie, I really hope you and Eric will enjoy this so much awaited cruise to the fullest 😘

@Arzeena, I feel for everyone who [due to the "situation"] has decided to cancel a cruise 

+1

4 hours ago, George C said:

Another Hollywood great just passed Sidney Poitier loved all his films .

😢

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our youngest daughter, who at Christmas gave us a pic of her positive pregnancy test, had her first appointment.  All went well.  We got to listen to the baby’s heart beat that she recorded. So thankful all is well.

How special!!!!  So glad to hear that all went well, and that you got to hear your grandchild's heartbeat!!!❤️

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, hope we pass on the 18th!  Good luck

I am not going to do a live review in the current environment on the main threads but I will definitely update everyone and send photos on this wonderful thread.    Here's hoping for smooth sailing with beautiful weather.    

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I had posted this on the Bella thread but nor here but all 4 of us had Covid over Christmas.  Very mild and symptoms lasted 3 days.  Would not have even used a sick day.

Sarah brought it home from university and was the first to test positive with the antigen test.  By the time we were able to book our PCR tests we were all at that point symptomatic and done our quarantine.  Of course Sarah's PCR came back negative.  I dont think she swabbed well enough (our drugstore prepared the tests and had us do them in our car and one person return them inside).

Sarah having the negative PCR test was a letdown. With that test it gets us a return to Canada free fur 180 days pass thusly eliminating testing and that expense to return plus removes any risk if having to quarantine upon return.

I was able to get an appointment today at a lab for her to have an antibody test done for $75 which will accomplish the same thing as having the positive PCR test.  Should have the results in 24-48 hours.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, George C said:

Just did our checkin for our celebrity rock and romance cruise on 2/19 took the earliest time 11:30 . We booked this two years ago , last years cruise was canceled, have a huge royal suite that has a hot tub on our balcony.

Nice, Bob!!!!  Your royal suite sounds wonderful!

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, we have the Bella cruise next year. I've also  been looking at a fall New England cruise. 

Looking forward to meeting you on the Bella cruise!!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yay Debbie and Eric!!  Sounds like you both are more than ready for your B2B!  Enjoy!  So happy for you!🥰

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not going to do a live review in the current environment on the main threads but I will definitely update everyone and send photos on this wonderful thread.    Here's hoping for smooth sailing with beautiful weather.    

I don't blame you one bit;  happy that you'll be keeping our thread in the loop!  I just knew you would!😉🤩

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yay Debbie and Eric!!  Sounds like you both are more than ready for your B2B!  Enjoy!  So happy for you!🥰

@Sunshine3601

"Count me in" too  😘

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I don't blame you one bit;  happy that you'll be keeping our thread in the loop!  I just knew you would!😉🤩

+ 1 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very wise decision.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A very wise decision Debbie.

Looking forward to your photos.

Relax, enjoy and have an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1