Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We are a few hundred yards off the pier at St. Kitts. Reflection and Grandeur are pulling in ahead of us. The weather looks great. I didn't know that Grandeur was even sailing. What is it doing here?

Enjoy your day at St Kitts.  Are you doing one of Thenford Gray tours?

Yes, Grandeur has been ut of Barbados since early December.  We were suppose to do a b2b on her feb 6th and fen 13th but we cancelled as we didnt want to fly to barbados due to their protocols, etc.  

• Like 2

@A&L_Ont

I am so sorry for you being unable to go safely on your cruise. 

I am sure you as well as the rest of us have had to deal with many sad times these past months due to circumstances out of our control.

But all in all safety is the utmost concern.

Take care.

• Like 6

@bobmacliberty  Glad you are asking Alaska questions.  We are going on our first Alaska cruise in May. We booked it after our Hawaiian cruise in April got canceled. The only thing we have booked so far is the whale watching tour and salmon bake.  When booking, Sharon wanted to make sure that we visited Sitka.  Not sure what we are doing there. We haven’t decided yet but I hope we will have at least a full day in Seattle.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Greg, will you be in the hospital overnight after surgery?  Jim had his surgery on a Monday, stayed overnight, and his PT started that Thursday.  He had PT every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Jim said you have to do your homework..i.e. do all of your exercises😉  You've got this, kid!!

This orthopedic group has their own surgical center on the upper two floors. I will stay a minimum of one night possible two depending on when I wake up and get some of the PT started. Surgery scheduled for 10:30. I agree with Jim rehab is everything. That's one reason why I waited to do this after I retired so that I can devote a lot of time to physical therapy. I want to do this right. Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot as I do suffer anxiety about medical procedures that require anesthesia. 

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You didn't like it I take it. I thought it was good but I've only had one and not tried another. I'm having an espresso martini as I write this and really liking it.

I'm not even a big coffee fan but love espresso martini's. I take it you have had a chocolate martini? Those are my favorites, especially made with Godiva Dark Chocolate liqueur.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 41°F here in North East England.

We are taking our Sarah out for a meal later so looking forward to seeing her.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Cold here in Kansas City at 16 degrees but since I'm retired everyday is a nice day.

Cheers Graham!

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

They do it for special occasions & pre-Covid they did it annually for Vivid, the light festival in Sydney which hopefully will return in June this year

5D39837F-8010-426C-B27C-A1B2C6D2588C.jpeg

Stunning and beautiful. Thanks for the pictures. I need to visit.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Made it to St. Thomas0C31FE93-3C03-44BB-9A6A-6F7C62D9A40F.thumb.jpeg.1f0b60e90e839e5f8c0dc739f8c016f5.jpeg

Have a great day. Looks like a nice yacht in the top picture.

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh @Sea Dog I have something for you....

20220126_100938.thumb.jpg.c77d5a1c722919fd5a572e3c734f3c68.jpg

OB you are on fire. And not one whistle blown at you? Keep up the great work. I bow down to you. btw I did a typo on your towel animal reply, left out the word "Eat" as in they don't eat much. I'm sure you got it but I was typing on my phone without my glasses. You know the rest.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.   Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.  

👍 🌺

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

👎 😢

• Like 4

SAG MOVIE AWARDS MOVIE NIGHT VIEWING-LICORICE PIZZA

download.jpeg.e49b8f5e4808b908d40378ca7416cdbf.jpeg

I was interested in seeing this movie since it received a lot of hype. I was mainly judging the performance of Bradley Cooper nominated for best supporting actor. Unfortunately he did not appear until two thirds into the movie.

Premise of the movie: Another coming of age movie centered around  Alana Kane and Gary Valentine growing up, running around and going through the treacherous navigation of first love in the San Fernando Valley, 1973.

Interesting that the character of Gary Valentine is played by Cooper Hoffman son of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I found this movie to be a little far fetched since Gary Valentine is 15 and falls for a girl who is 25. She is put off by his advances but admires his self confidence and persistence. Gary is child actor and has all the connections. Alana is enamored by that. The movie has some interesting moments. The scenes with Bradley Cooper were hilarious. I could watch a whole movie with his character Jon Peters. based on the real life Jon Peters  a real-life Hollywood producer who started out as a hairdresser, was married to Pamela Anderson for 12 days, and fought Steven Seagal. Other stars in this movie that make cameo appearances, Sean Pean, Tom Waits and more.

I thought the movie was ok. It did not bore me but I thought some of the plot scenarios were unrealistic. Don't take my word for it however, if interested go check this movie out.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I want to try Amish paste and there was one other that I remember you posting on here that seemed to be non stop for you, which one was that?

Amish Paste is the best paste tomato I’ve tried.  They can get big and are meaty.  Great for pizza sauce.  I think you will love them. Last years weather was crazy and growing was inconsistent.  I planted a few of each plant. One plant would do great and a plant of the same kind would not.  The most productive and great tasting was Delicious tomato.  The Cherokee Purple is worth trying. It was one that had a couple plants do great and a couple not. I planted a little late last year.   Remember grow zones.  Might have different results. 
I used to have my seed trays all spread out on the floor but last year I bought a couple of shelves and hung the lights on each shelf.  Works so good.

This year I am thinking of using cattle panels for trellises.  I will strap them to fence post.  Also considering to take a couple of 16ft cattle panels and arch them between raised beds.  Those I will grow pole beans on them.

54 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update.  Shelby is feeling better. She went back to work today but tested positive so had to go back home.   Last Saturday Caden’s dad tested positive and got real sick. He was finally able to hold down food Monday.  Yesterday Caden got a fever.  Today he can not hold down food.  Also today Aubrey and Kenzie have fevers. Their family is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

So sorry to hear this.  Hope all get well soon🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

This orthopedic group has their own surgical center on the upper two floors. I will stay a minimum of one night possible two depending on when I wake up and get some of the PT started. Surgery scheduled for 10:30. I agree with Jim rehab is everything. That's one reason why I waited to do this after I retired so that I can devote a lot of time to physical therapy. I want to do this right. Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot as I do suffer anxiety about medical procedures that require anesthesia. 

I'm not even a big coffee fan but love espresso martini's. I take it you have had a chocolate martini? Those are my favorites, especially made with Godiva Dark Chocolate liqueur.

Cold here in Kansas City at 16 degrees but since I'm retired everyday is a nice day.

Cheers Graham!

OB you are on fire. And not one whistle blown at you? Keep up the great work. I bow down to you. btw I did a typo on your towel animal reply, left out the word "Eat" as in they don't eat much. I'm sure you got it but I was typing on my phone without my glasses. You know the rest.

It isn't as much fun without the whistles.☺ Believe me, you don't have to explain to me the perils of typing on a phone!😯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Enjoy your day at St Kitts.  Are you doing one of Thenford Gray tours?

Yes, Grandeur has been ut of Barbados since early December.  We were suppose to do a b2b on her feb 6th and fen 13th but we cancelled as we didnt want to fly to barbados due to their protocols, etc.  

No tours this time. Will just walk around town and the port area.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We were on the Norway back in 1983...it was our first ever cruise.  There were around 30 of us, all Basketball coaches and spouses from our town.  It was quite memorable.  Ah, to be young again!

Greg, you're almost there!  Feel better!

Many years ago, driving in NYC, there were guys that would come up to your car while you were at a red light, and they'd start to wash your windshield...😬

Greg, will you be in the hospital overnight after surgery?  Jim had his surgery on a Monday, stayed overnight, and his PT started that Thursday.  He had PT every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Jim said you have to do your homework..i.e. do all of your exercises😉  You've got this, kid!!

I wonder what ever happened to the guys who wanted to was car windows when we were stopped at a light.They just disappeared.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Made it to St. Thomas0C31FE93-3C03-44BB-9A6A-6F7C62D9A40F.thumb.jpeg.1f0b60e90e839e5f8c0dc739f8c016f5.jpeg5A31B29F-9EED-4E02-8C35-795E8E1F7E2A.thumb.jpeg.3415dccd428cf4a959995a4cb5c64bca.jpeg5A31B29F-9EED-4E02-8C35-795E8E1F7E2A.thumb.jpeg.3415dccd428cf4a959995a4cb5c64bca.jpeg5A31B29F-9EED-4E02-8C35-795E8E1F7E2A.thumb.jpeg.3415dccd428cf4a959995a4cb5c64bca.jpeg

The last time we were in St.Thomas was in 2019.Prior to that year we did a lot of walking on the island but in 2019 I had limited walking capability.We decided to take a taxi.The driver asked where we were from.When I said NY he said that he had lived many years in Brooklyn and Queens.He was so happy to have people from NYC in his taxi .We had a wonderful conversation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Very doubtful that guy gets out of BOS on Saturday.  We are just north of Boston and are expected to get at least a foot of snow.  Boston proper will get less as of now they are in the snow/mix area but they are talking really high winds all day Saturday, into Sunday.  Hopefully, you are able to leave close to schedule and OB is able to get back.  This storm doesn't look like one that is going to fizzle out like some of the others. 

My part of NY is expected to get as much as 16” of snow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@bobmacliberty  Glad you are asking Alaska questions.  We are going on our first Alaska cruise in May. We booked it after our Hawaiian cruise in April got canceled. The only thing we have booked so far is the whale watching tour and salmon bake.  When booking, Sharon wanted to make sure that we visited Sitka.  Not sure what we are doing there. We haven’t decided yet but I hope we will have at least a full day in Seattle.

When we were in Alaska we panned for gold .I enjoyed that .I believe we were given an hour .When we finished whatever we collected was weighed and put into a tube with a certificate stating the date and the weight.

• Like 4

Cheers Graham!

Greg, I know where you’re coming from with anesthesia. Years ago I had back to back abdominal surgeries because the first one was botched. I guess it was too much anesthesia too soon, but I wound up on a ventilator for a few days. 
After that, I was terrified of being put to sleep, and then came my bad knee. It got worse and worse and I had to give up and bite the bullet. 
I told my orthopod my fears and he promised me I’d be fine. 
He kept his promise, and I’ve completely lost count of how many times I’ve been anesthetized since. 
My latest was last month, and I was cracking jokes right up to the last minute. 
In fact, my surgeon told my husband later my last words were “Are you guys ever going to be ready?”

Please look at it like just one more chore to get through. You’ll wake up in recovery and wind up in your comfy hospital bed. 
Mine in November and December had built in USB ports so I didn’t miss a beat. 
Do your therapy, and in just a few months you’ll feel like a new man with your bionic knee!!

• Like 7

SAG MOVIE AWARDS MOVIE NIGHT VIEWING-LICORICE PIZZA

download.jpeg.e49b8f5e4808b908d40378ca7416cdbf.jpeg

I was interested in seeing this movie since it received a lot of hype. I was mainly judging the performance of Bradley Cooper nominated for best supporting actor. Unfortunately he did not appear until two thirds into the movie.

Premise of the movie: Another coming of age movie centered around  Alana Kane and Gary Valentine growing up, running around and going through the treacherous navigation of first love in the San Fernando Valley, 1973.

Interesting that the character of Gary Valentine is played by Cooper Hoffman son of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I found this movie to be a little far fetched since Gary Valentine is 15 and falls for a girl who is 25. She is put off by his advances but admires his self confidence and persistence. Gary is child actor and has all the connections. Alana is enamored by that. The movie has some interesting moments. The scenes with Bradley Cooper were hilarious. I could watch a whole movie with his character Jon Peters. based on the real life Jon Peters  a real-life Hollywood producer who started out as a hairdresser, was married to Pamela Anderson for 12 days, and fought Steven Seagal. Other stars in this movie that make cameo appearances, Sean Pean, Tom Waits and more.

I thought the movie was ok. It did not bore me but I thought some of the plot scenarios were unrealistic. Don't take my word for it however, if interested go check this movie out.

Jon Peters was also in a 9 year relationship with Barbra Streisand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1