Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby was driving to the Medical building to pick me up from Parkinsons Therapy.

She lost control of the car and drove into the brick wall of the building.

She is okay physically but mentally she is a wreck.

The car was totaled.The police,the Fire dept and EMT’s came to the site .

We had no way of getting home .I called a friend of mine who posts on CC .He came for us and took us home.

CC people are great .

OMG!   Thank god she is okay.    That sounds horrible, I am sure she is frazzled.     She may feel a little stiff/sore tomorrow from being rattled around.     Any bruises from the air bags?

That is Great that you got help from a fellow CC member - Awesome🤩

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm the same.  Since a few people here recommended a Kauai helicopter, I've watched a few YouTube videos of these tours...especially the tours with the doors off.  Absolutely spectacular.  Can't wait to get back.

I drove myself crazy trying to find the real house that is filmed as Robin's Nest.  This house:

Robin's Nest house

Some of the show's scenes are filmed at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, but there's no house like this near the water at that location, or anywhere else on Oahu that I could find on Google Maps (yeah, I've got that kind of time on my hands).  Turns out that the house was computer generated into a shot taken of Kualoa Regional Park.  Never thought that they'd CG a house when there are so many gorgeous estates on the water there.  Probably cheaper to do it that way and the producer can make it look exactly the way he wanted.

I too discovered that the house was a CG as well when I went to find where it was located. They do show the aerial beach shots which was were the original Robin’s Nest was located. If you know the background you will recognize it. We slowed down as we drove past it’s location back in 2006. Unfortunately it was torn down a few years ago. 

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37914775/bye-bye-robins-nest-iconic-magnum-pi-property-demolished/

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I too discovered that the house was a CG as well when I went to find where it was located. They do show the aerial beach shots which was were the original Robin’s Nest was located. If you know the background you will recognize it. We slowed down as we drove past it’s location back in 2006. 

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37914775/bye-bye-robins-nest-iconic-magnum-pi-property-demolished/

I remember reading about that, and how people would park down the road and make their way along the rocks/ocean to be able to see the abandoned mansion.  I also tried to find McGarrett's house from the new Hawaii 5-0.  It's a much smaller house but also right on the water.  No luck finding that house either.  Maybe it was also CG'd.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The 1 yr old is recovered from her bout with Covid but of course my daughter & the 3 yr old also caught it.  Abby (almost 3) is doing well. My daughter is struggling with exhaustion, but says a little better every day.  

Sorry to hear that your daughter and 3 year old granddaughter now have the virus.  I've heard the exhaustion can be overwhelming.  I'm glad to hear the 1 year old is recovered.

Glad you are enjoying your time in Florida!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The car was totaled..

Lenny, thank God that Toby is okay, albeit all shook up from today's accident.  The car can be replaced.  

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My son had back surgery12 years ago when he was 27   His back pain has been progressing, and his doctor is recommending an RFA procedure.   He had to have a couple of nerve blocks done to see if those would reduce pain, before his insurance would approve the procedure.   He is now just waiting for insurance approval.  

I know we are hoping this will get rid of his pain for quite a while.   At least they say the recovery time for this is pretty quick.

Mark, I hope your son gets his insurance approval soon, for his sake.

Good for you and Susan booking another cruise!  😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@Sea DogGreg, I hope your sushi lunch was delicious and your time with your good friend frabjous!

Please try not to worry too much. It’s really just a chore you have to do: get dressed, sparkling clean, check in and put  on a fashionable hospital gown, and entertain the myriad people who pop into pre op to ask questions and take your blood pressure. 
I always look around the operating room. They look nothing like I thought years ago. My latest one looked like a storage room. Shelves with assorted stuff on them, like our garage. Maybe so my doctor could ask for a number three whatever instead of a number two. 
They will have all the parts for your knee laid out and they will be double and triple checked. That’s a good time for you to ask if they need any help. Another set of eyes is always good. 
The operation you’re having is so perfected, it’s like a nice bus ride for the operating team. 
We’ll be in there with you. If you hear any fluttering, it will be our temporary angels’ wings while we watch over you. 
We’ll be waiting to hear all about it, but please don’t take photos of you meals, unless they have them catered!!!

God bless you!

Mimi

I love it, Mimi!!! Great suggestions for Greg...especially about asking if they need any help.  Jim will always ask...."So, have you ever done one of these before?"  LOL!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had no way of getting home .I called a friend of mine who posts on CC .He came for us and took us home.

CC people are great .

thank God Toby is OK. That had to be so scary. My thoughts are with you guys.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My son had back surgery12 years ago when he was 27, and the doctor told him that he would have to have more surgery at some point.   His back pain has been progressing, and his doctor is recommending an RFA procedure.   He had to have a couple of nerve blocks done to see if those would reduce pain, before his insurance would approve the procedure.   He is now just waiting for insurance approval.  

I know we are hoping this will get rid of his pain for quite a while.   At least they say the recovery time for this is pretty quick.

that’s the same issue Linda has had. She has had the RFA procedure. It worked for awhile but the pain has returned. I feel bad for her.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

@Sea DogGreg, I hope your sushi lunch was delicious and your time with your good friend frabjous!

Please try not to worry too much. It’s really just a chore you have to do: get dressed, sparkling clean, check in and put  on a fashionable hospital gown, and entertain the myriad people who pop into pre op to ask questions and take your blood pressure. 
I always look around the operating room. They look nothing like I thought years ago. My latest one looked like a storage room. Shelves with assorted stuff on them, like our garage. Maybe so my doctor could ask for a number three whatever instead of a number two. 
They will have all the parts for your knee laid out and they will be double and triple checked. That’s a good time for you to ask if they need any help. Another set of eyes is always good. 
The operation you’re having is so perfected, it’s like a nice bus ride for the operating team. 
We’ll be in there with you. If you hear any fluttering, it will be our temporary angels’ wings while we watch over you. 
We’ll be waiting to hear all about it, but please don’t take photos of you meals, unless they have them catered!!!

God bless you!

Mimi

Mimi thank you so much for those comments. Very well said. Don’t think the food will be anything like Royal but I did hear it’s better than regular hospital food.

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Just think, Greg, tomorrow at this time, your operation will be all over, Linda will be at your bedside visiting you, and you will know that your new life with your knee replacement has begun!

We are all here rooting for you.  You can do this, Greg!!!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.🙏🥰

p.s. You can barely see Jim's scar.  

Thank you. I consider the scar a badge of honor.

37 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog I meant to mention this earlier.  I too am a chronic worrier and get very anxious about medical procedures.  I haven’t had many- one foot surgery and a handful of lithotripsy’s for kidney stones.  When you arrive, tell them if you’re experiencing anxiety. I used to be embarrassed to do so and would suffer silently, but there’s no need.  Let them know how you feel and they’ll take care of you.  

Thank you good to know I am not alone. I will ask for a pre surgery sedative to help me.

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I love it, Mimi!!! Great suggestions for Greg...especially about asking if they need any help.  Jim will always ask...."So, have you ever done one of these before?"  LOL!

I do like making jokes. If they use Propofol I will not

do any Michael Jackson jokes since they hear those all the time.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Good heavens! I’m so glad Toby isn’t hurt , but I’m sure her adrenaline is working overtime. 
Life is complicated enough without having to suddenly have to deal with insurance and replacing your car. 
I’m glad no one inside the building was hurt. And that y’all were able to get a ride home.

Bless her heart, Toby is going through what my sister-in-law did…shock, worry, imagining what could have happened. 
A night’s sleep will help. 

My family just left.My daughter who lives in Manhattan will be back here tomorrow after work.We want Toby to relax if possible.She keeps on saying that if somebody walked in front of the car they would be dead and if I was in the car I could have been seriously injured or worse.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Lenny, hate that Toby had to go through that. Scary.  I hope she can relax soon.  You probably remember we had to deal with this a few months ago.  It’s a blessing to have friends willing to help in times like this.

Yes.I called my friend.He was home because he had family from Fla visiting .He came and picked us up,took us home and stayed with us a bit,a really good friend.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG!   Thank god she is okay.    That sounds horrible, I am sure she is frazzled.     She may feel a little stiff/sore tomorrow from being rattled around.     Any bruises from the air bags?

That is Great that you got help from a fellow CC member - Awesome🤩

She was wearing a sweater and a heavy coat .She said she feels a bit bruised.

My son in law who lives near us will be working from home the rest of the week and will be available if we need him.
My daughter went to take a picture of the building .The car went through the wall and into a doctors office.Luckily nobody was injured.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear that your daughter and 3 year old granddaughter now have the virus.  I've heard the exhaustion can be overwhelming.  I'm glad to hear the 1 year old is recovered.

Glad you are enjoying your time in Florida!

Lenny, thank God that Toby is okay, albeit all shook up from today's accident.  The car can be replaced.  

Mark, I hope your son gets his insurance approval soon, for his sake.

Good for you and Susan booking another cruise!  😉

I have been literally thanking God all afternoon.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

thank God Toby is OK. That had to be so scary. My thoughts are with you guys.

that’s the same issue Linda has had. She has had the RFA procedure. It worked for awhile but the pain has returned. I feel bad for her.

Mimi thank you so much for those comments. Very well said. Don’t think the food will be anything like Royal but I did hear it’s better than regular hospital food.

Thank you. I consider the scar a badge of honor.

Thank you good to know I am not alone. I will ask for a pre surgery sedative to help me.

I do like making jokes. If they use Propofol I will not

do any Michael Jackson jokes since they hear those all the time.

Thanks,Greg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never finished Breaking Bad.  Never got past the midway point of the first season.  Everyone told me to push thru because it gets better from there, but I never did.  Still, Micheline and I were talking the other day about the parallels between Ozark and Breaking Bad.  Basically good people who get caught up in a "small" criminal situation while trying to do right in life, and that criminal situation gets a lot bigger.  I do know that Walter in Breaking Bad turns into a badass by the end of the show.  I'm wondering if the same will happen with Marty and Wendy, i.e. they take full control of the cartel.

I watched Breaking Bad but never finished it .Just recently I binge watched the rest of the show.I cannot see Marty and Wendy taking control of the cartel but anything is possible.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I apparently have some movies I have to watch.    Eric has seen some of the nominated movies but I am far behind.   I never even heard of Power of the Dog movie until this morning.

Power of The Dog has great acting A husband and wife in real life and in the movie nominated for supporting Actor and Actress.

I saw most of the films nominated.I never saw Dune which received a lot of nominations.

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never finished Breaking Bad.  Never got past the midway point of the first season.  Everyone told me to push thru because it gets better from there, but I never did.  Still, Micheline and I were talking the other day about the parallels between Ozark and Breaking Bad.  Basically good people who get caught up in a "small" criminal situation while trying to do right in life, and that criminal situation gets a lot bigger.  I do know that Walter in Breaking Bad turns into a badass by the end of the show.  I'm wondering if the same will happen with Marty and Wendy, i.e. they take full control of the cartel.

When Breaking Bad was current, people used to call me Heisenberg

Screenshot_20220208-195836_Chrome.thumb.jpg.028c2a9e2dd1819a0c2788866abbf816.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I e got that in my queue, just haven’t played it yet.  I’ve heard lots of good things about it, but just never got into westerns.  But, surprisingly, I really like Yellowstone.  

It is a very good film and when a film has 4 nominations for acting it usually wins everything.I was surprised that Lost Daughter did not receive a Best Picture and Director nomination.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh Lenny I am so sorry to hear this.  THANK God she is okay but the mental part takes awhile to get over.

Yes,definitely .She fears that the owner of the Medical building and the doctor with the hole in his office wall will sue us.I told her that the important thing is that she is okay .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

CC people are great .

So sorry this happened!  Thankful she's ok.  I hope she's able to relax and have no lingering physical aches that might pop up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Has anyone been watching NCIS Hawaii.     I watched maybe 2 or 3 episodes and just couldn't get into it.     I always enjoyed the original NCIS but not the same with Gibbs (Mark Harmon) gone and some of the other cast.   

I really like the original NCIS but it has diminished.  We have watched several characters leave. I loved Ziva trying American idioms…. Did she give you the cold elbow…… It looks like you’ve seen a goat.  …. That is total salami.  It’s hard to adjust to Gibbs leaving.  We sometimes rewatch earlier episodes.
I still enjoy NCIS LA.  Liked it a lot more when Heddy was in charge.  I don’t like the current one in charge.

I rarely watch NCIS Orleans.

NCIS Hawaii.  I really thought we would like it most because it is in Hawaii.  We are pretty much over it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog I meant to mention this earlier.  I too am a chronic worrier and get very anxious about medical procedures.  I haven’t had many- one foot surgery and a handful of lithotripsy’s for kidney stones.  When you arrive, tell them if you’re experiencing anxiety. I used to be embarrassed to do so and would suffer silently, but there’s no need.  Let them know how you feel and they’ll take care of you.  

Greg is one of the truly nice people and is getting good wishes from everyone.

• Like 7