Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, fabulous pictures.  Doesn't that look like Nassau's Atlantis Hotel in the background of the first picture?

You are very perceptive. It is the Atlantis “ The Palm “ in Dubai.  

@dani negreanu You‘re very brave sitting on that glass ledge.  Thanks for taking us along . What did you most enjoy on your vacation ? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I can relate to those that provided care for their elderly parents, when there are other siblings that could have helped. 

We have been the sole providers for all our relatives parents, uncles and aunts. 
Although frustrating. We managed working full time. 
My parent moved in with us when my dad suffered heart issues. He died and my mom was able to be with us for 8 more years. 

The one time it came to a head was when my mom had a hypertensive crisis and ended up In intensive care. 
My eldest brother   comes hurriedly down the hall when I was speaking to her doctor, fist clenched. And starts screaming. ……..

” you never told me she could have died.  What are holding back!”

Now as I positioned  my broom  to fly off the handle I say calmly……

”Well she was fine when you called………let me see. Yes you called on Christmas and Easter”. 
If you were so concerned about her maybe you should have called more frequently.  

He stormed away.  The doctor said I don’t get involved in family matters but that was good. 

I know for those who provided care you are angels on earth. 

stay healthy 

Back in June when they thought my mom had a stroke at the drs office, they sent her to the hospital, luckily it was just a TIA.  They kept her overnight.  I asked if she wanted me to call my sister, she said no, she will find out if she decides to call this week.  My sister calls about once a week for about five minutes.  Even when I know my mom makes no sense on the phone talking to her about what is going on, my sister never follows up by calling me or texting me for clarification.  
oh well, I keep hearing that ignorance is bliss. 🤔

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

South Florida with all of its neighborhoods full of canals looks a little like that. 

Guess that is so everyone says they have a water front house.  Looking   across the water at somebody else back yard.............. lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We got about 2 inches of snow here, didn't start until 6am and ended about 9am. Nothing sticked on the driveway or road though. Almost all the snow is gone now since the sun came out just after it stopped. Was very pretty as it lasted.

We ended up with a couple inches.  Hard to say how much since it was a wet snow.  I probably had 3 inches on my car.  Had some on driveway and front walkway but roads were all clear.  I think our high was 32f.

Btw you now have me craving wings.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Dinner tonight was chicken cordon blue sandwiches. They were supposed to be paninis but since I don't have a griddle they had to he baked.

YUM!

20220213_185717.jpg

They look delicious.  I'll have to try that.

I made my Chicken Alla Didi (version of codon blue) with mushroom risotto and green beans.  I was very happy my risotto

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They look delicious.  I'll have to try that.

I made my Chicken Alla Didi (version of codon blue) with mushroom risotto and green beans.  I was very happy my risotto

I got the recipe on-line from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

I made it exactly as written, except I had whipped cream cheese and didn't measure it out. Could have used more mustard.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I got the recipe on-line from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

I made it exactly as written, except I had whipped cream cheese and didn't measure it out. Could have used more mustard.

Thank you.  I will look up now and bookmark it to try.🤩

I always prefer warm sandwiches.

• Like 1

Update on cat food.  I went to pet supplies plus and they had limited supply of their own brand but no fancy feast.  So I bought some and they said if my cats dont like I can return unopened cans, next I tried Targggete (aka Target) no luck then I went to Walmart, a store I usually avoid, and found some of their favorites and bought a bunch of them.  Had to leave some for other kitties.

If the cats like the pet store brand and what I got at walmart I should have enough for 2 weeks.  

Vet doesnt want me giving them hard food but I grabbed a small bag just in case.  

• Like 3

Family birthday dinner tonight. -10C but nice enough to grill. The moon is almost full again. 

7724CB17-A0B4-49A4-830B-8CF6A42601BF.thumb.jpeg.51ebc36d57828a33e81f05d9deb5325f.jpeg

Those are 10oz strip loins, which makes you realize how big those potatoes are. 

6D2117CE-9968-4A98-922B-BD202815C1F4.thumb.jpeg.87a75b38997f40346f9d070a6bb49aa4.jpeg

Presentation is lacking, the flavour was amazing. We each had half a potato. No cake or gift photos, but it was a wonderful afternoon. 

4EE3EA28-7F8D-4793-9041-D4F7D1A5CC66.thumb.jpeg.edb926c239c13db444d1afa30b75c475.jpeg

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Update on cat food.  I went to pet supplies plus and they had limited supply of their own brand but no fancy feast.  So I bought some and they said if my cats dont like I can return unopened cans, next I tried Targggete (aka Target) no luck then I went to Walmart, a store I usually avoid, and found some of their favorites and bought a bunch of them.  Had to leave some for other kitties.

If the cats like the pet store brand and what I got at walmart I should have enough for 2 weeks.  

Vet doesnt want me giving them hard food but I grabbed a small bag just in case.  

My mum used to always call Target - Tar-jay (kinda French).

Our dog had pancreatitis so the vet has put him on expensive low fat dog food.  DH managed to get the brand slightly cheaper from the pet food company but they have all been running low on stock.  It’s been a juggle to get it from one of the four pet food suppliers that are meant to stock it even when he has put in an automatic order as they often are unable to  fulfill it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Miralax is a good stool softener. You will want what it can do for you!

A major side effect from the medications I take is chronic constipation.

My GI doctor advised me to take Miralax every day but that was too much.Then he changed it to every other day,still too much. Now I take it every 7 days.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We ended up with a couple inches.  Hard to say how much since it was a wet snow.  I probably had 3 inches on my car.  Had some on driveway and front walkway but roads were all clear.  I think our high was 32f.

Btw you now have me craving wings.  

Just finished off a California Kitchen Margherita Pizza Not bad if you like thin crust.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Family birthday dinner tonight. -10C but nice enough to grill. The moon is almost full again. 

7724CB17-A0B4-49A4-830B-8CF6A42601BF.thumb.jpeg.51ebc36d57828a33e81f05d9deb5325f.jpeg

Those are 10oz strip loins, which makes you realize how big those potatoes are. 

6D2117CE-9968-4A98-922B-BD202815C1F4.thumb.jpeg.87a75b38997f40346f9d070a6bb49aa4.jpeg

Presentation is lacking, the flavour was amazing. We each had half a potato. No cake or gift photos, but it was a wonderful afternoon. 

4EE3EA28-7F8D-4793-9041-D4F7D1A5CC66.thumb.jpeg.edb926c239c13db444d1afa30b75c475.jpeg

Yummy!  Happy Birthday Lisa🍹💐   I hope she enjoys her special day😍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Guess that is so everyone says they have a water front house.  Looking   across the water at somebody else back yard.............. lol

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was surprised we didnt see yachts docked at their houses.

I had to go back and look at the picture. None of the houses have a pier.  So to Jimbo's point, I guess it's so they can say they have a water front house. LOL. I did notice a few empty lots just waiting to be built 😉 

Before my in-laws start renting a home on LBI, they used to own a small beach house - really a 2 1/2 season shack - on the mainland in West Beach Haven. Each street had a canal parallel to it. Every home, no matter how far inland, had a pier in the back yard and access to the bay. Plenty of times, I'd be sitting on the dock talking - really shouting actually -  to the "neighbor" across the canal. Now, if I wanted to walk to their house to have a normal conversation, it'd be a 15-20 minute walk or a 5-7 minute drive to circumnavigating the canals. We were at the far end of the street.  Never did have a normal conversation with them 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was surprised we didnt see yachts docked at their houses.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right but it almost looked like each house was right on it's own beach? Must be terrible though when a storm blows in there and the tide rises. Maybe all the houses are built up on pilings.

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I had to go back and look at the picture. None of the houses have a pier.  So to Jimbo's point, I guess it's so they can say they have a water front house. LOL. I did notice a few empty lots just waiting to be built 😉 

Before my in-laws start renting a home on LBI, they used to own a small beach house - really a 2 1/2 season shack - on the mainland in West Beach Haven. Each street had a canal parallel to it. Every home, no matter how far inland, had a pier in the back yard and access to the bay. Plenty of times, I'd be sitting on the dock talking - really shouting actually -  to the "neighbor" across the canal. Now, if I wanted to walk to their house to have a normal conversation, it'd be a 15-20 minute walk or a 5-7 minute drive to circumnavigating the canals. We were at the far end of the street.  Never did have a normal conversation with them 🙂

I know exactly where you are referring to.  Parents of one of my best friends growing up had a small ranch/cottage in that area.  Her younger Brother was always getting yelled at for swimming across the canal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not sure if I'm seeing it right but it almost looked like each house was right on it's own beach? Must be terrible though when a storm blows in there and the tide rises. Maybe all the houses are built up on pilings.

Yes it does look like they have their own beach area.  I wonder how hot it gets and if they have any ocean breeze.  Hard to tell if built on pilings.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know exactly where you are referring to.  Parents of one of my best friends growing up had a small ranch/cottage in that area.  Her younger Brother was always getting yelled at for swimming across the canal.

I never had the nerve to dive in. The water looked.......very murky. I did have some success crabbing. Another reason I never dived in.  Not sure what was in there. lol

• Like 2