Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

A beautiful boy like his brother. Does he realize or sense that Kubota is not around ??

The first day he walked all over the house meowing looking for him.  He hasn't done it today.  

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Showers here and very windy.

Same here in Naples!

Our daughter and granddaughter are supposed to fly from Ct. to Florida today.  Their flight was delayed, then moved up.  We have no idea when they'll arrive.  They also have a connection to make, which I surely hope they can make.  I can only imagine the turbulence  they will have be dealing with.  I just hope they can get out.🙏  A friend's son got off a cruise yesterday;  his flight home was cancelled, and he was told he won't be able to get a flight until Tuesday.

18 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The first day he walked all over the house meowing looking for him.  He hasn't done it today.  

Aw, poor Cinnamon.  My daughter's dog Bonnie kept looking around for Scoutie, after Scout had passed.  So much sadness in the house for us all.😢

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hopefully this will be the last snow of the season. A good 3-4” in the last 24 hours. Charlie and Lizzie would rather chase each other and play keep away than do their business while Linda stands out there in the freezing cold. I’m going to owe her big time for taking the dogs out for the past 4 weeks. She did manage to capture some video of their shenanigans.

8CC119D4-B52D-4D2F-B30D-D7E861DB4915.MOV 137.26 MB · 13 downloads  

Adorable.    They are growing up so fast!     Charlie is quite fast😍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, George C said:

Very cool video, we were supposed to get some sleet and snow which is extremely rare for Dallas in March but just had a cold day we will be back in the 70’s in a couple of days. 

Beautiful sunny day here.  Dallas has crazy weather.

• Like 2

Woke up to heavy rain, then sleet then snow.   Have a couple inches of snow with cold wind howling.     I was packing this morning for our cruise since I won't be wearing flip flops and shorts around home anytime soon.   Almost done except odds and ends (which means I will be overpacked by next weekend).   

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Same here in Naples!

Our daughter and granddaughter are supposed to fly from Ct. to Florida today.  Their flight was delayed, then moved up.  We have no idea when they'll arrive.  They also have a connection to make, which I surely hope they can make.  I can only imagine the turbulence  they will have be dealing with.  I just hope they can get out.🙏  A friend's son got off a cruise yesterday;  his flight home was cancelled, and he was told he won't be able to get a flight until Tuesday.

There is a Gale warning here till tomorrow at 11PM.Two weeks ago my daughter and granddaughter had an 9AM flight from JFK to the mid west to check out a college and the plane did not leave till 4PM because of bad weather.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woke up to heavy rain, then sleet then snow.   Have a couple inches of snow with cold wind howling.     I was packing this morning for our cruise since I won't be wearing flip flops and shorts around home anytime soon.   Almost done except odds and ends (which means I will be overpacked by next weekend).   

We were supposed to have heavy snow here but it was just rain and very heavy wind .The heavier wind is starting now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were supposed to have heavy snow here but it was just rain and very heavy wind .The heavier wind is starting now.

Very cold and windy here now, yesterday it was 67 degrees, right now it is 23 degrees and wind chills    to minus 10

WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SUNDAY... WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

Cats are looking around like someone is attacking the house, sure glad this house is made of all bricks

• Like 3

Have any of you recent cruisers made COVID tests in two places and been tested at both?

Because of RCI’s causing mayhem with our cruise, I’m worried about our cruise instead of happily anticipating it. 
I was able to make CVS appointments this morning, and Walgreens should open up next week. 
I’ve read where CVS computers went down, or results didn’t hit it, and would like to get tested in both places. 
Does Medicare cover two tests the same day? Or have any of you tried it?

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are getting the wind, too. Temp is down to 36 and falling.  Tomorrow is supposed to have very low wind chill temps.

40 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve read where CVS computers went down, or results didn’t hit it, and would like to get tested in both places. 
Does Medicare cover two tests the same day? Or have any of you tried it?

Good question, I'd like to know too.

The problem with our local CVS is that they sometimes don't show up!

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Very cold and windy here now, yesterday it was 67 degrees, right now it is 23 degrees and wind chills    to minus 10

WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SUNDAY... WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

Cats are looking around like someone is attacking the house, sure glad this house is made of all bricks

32 degrees here now and winds of 32mph and getting stronger.We are not in a brick house.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was just wondering if it made it's way up there yet so I thought I would check here.  It lasted several hours here.  Still cold here but is forecast to warm up tomorrow.   Packing sounds like a good plan.  

Have you started any seeds yet?  The ones I ordered from a new place are not doing great.  The ones from MIgardener are doing great.  I ordered two new lights and love them.  I need to quit expanding so I can at least break even but like someone said earlier,  we need a hobby to spend money on. 

• Like 2

Here is a pic of my garlic bed I took a few days ago.  I spaced them out more this year to every 6 inches. Last year was every 4 inches.  Out of 128 cloves planted it looks like only one did not come up and one is very short.  The rest look very healthy. 

20220307_170354.thumb.jpg.c08670efdb1c2dba10dd5f317ec9cc2a.jpg

• Like 12