Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/25/2022 at 9:01 PM, George C said:

Two things I would definitely give him whatever you think is appropriate, then definitely add his name and what he did to your comment card .

Absolutely!  We also mentioned our room steward's name to two of the Officers while at our Captain's Cocktail party.  Julio was outstanding and deserved an extra mention or two!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I thought I was the worlds most boring FlowRider, that guy has me whupped.  I have surfed at sunset many times, just didn’t have a crew member filming me from above.  That part was cool.

Do you have any video clips of you on the  Flow Rider to post. I'm sure we would all love to see you in action. Maybe @A&L_Ont Andrew has some to post too.

• Like 2

Question for @Ozark_Kid and anyone else who has fairly recently bought a new android phone....

I've been notified thar my S22 ahould be arriving tomorrow. When you do the transfer of files from the old phone to the new does everyrhing in the old phone stay intact, in other words is everything simply copied or are files deleted from the old phone after they transfer over to the new phone? For the time being I plan to keep my S8 operational until I'm sure I like the S22. Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Question for @Ozark_Kid and anyone else who has fairly recently bought a new android phone....

I've been notified thar my S22 ahould be arriving tomorrow. When you do the transfer of files from the old phone to the new does everyrhing in the old phone stay intact, in other words is everything simply copied or are files deleted from the old phone after they transfer over to the new phone? For the time being I plan to keep my S8 operational until I'm sure I like the S22. Thanks for any help.

For me, all my apps, photos, files etc  transferred over to new phone just had to reenter passwords for everything.

Everything still remains on my previous phone and can be used for internet only.  Wish I had with me as I know I could download photos from that phone to cc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I see the doctor next Wednesday so I will be talking to him about my issues. Some of my issues I think are related to my therapy just working those muscles hard. Therapist thinks it will go away with time and healing. I hope he’s right. 

I got a temp. Handicap placard. Tried to use it at a restaurant parking lot last week and all the handicap spaces were all taken up so it did me no good..

Greg, your leg is probably looking really good on the outside, but there's still a lot of healing going on on the inside.  It just takes time,..in the long run, you will be glad that you've had the operation.😉

You've got this, Greg!

Re:  handicap placard,  it's not always easy for people here in Naples to find a parking spot...

23 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woot Woot!   Happy to announce we just got notified we both tested negative and can stay onboard for next week-- YAY!

I have no plans of getting off the ship on Sunday.     We will do our b2b process tomorrow morning then maybe go to the consecutive cruisers lunch at 11:30 then off to the spa for various treatments.

Happy Dance for you and Eric once again!!!!!

Enjoy the second half of your cruise this week!!

22 hours ago, George C said:

It will be 85 today in Dallas and tomorrow should be 90. Pool season is near. 

We're expecting 3 days of temperatures in the 90's this week.

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The last two years has made me more aware that "my plans" can float away at a blink of an eye.  Makes me more aware of "Lord willing" and more thankful when plans work out.  

A med cruise sounds fun.   I would love to visit there and then cruise from there.  So many dreams.

I always say "God Willing" when asked about our plans, etc.

John, we've done two Mediterranean cruises in the past, and hope to do many more;  especially want to do a Transatlantic.  As you said......so many dreams!!!!🤞

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Cannot wait to cruise as I look out the window at the blowing snow.

I am looking at the same thing this morning.  That’s why I printed the checklist and started some packing.  It isn’t too early to start that, is it?

Looks like we will be on the TA next year for both the UK and US Mother’s Days.  

• Like 6

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbi, We are doing a lot better.  Charlie’s arm is back to normal, just a little sore.  He is still tired but after three weeks of antibiotics I would think he would be!  Hope your cruise is fantastic!!!!!!

Good to hear that Charlie's arm is back to normal, and that you are both doing a lot better, Marietta!

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Driving to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow to board the Silhouette on Monday.

Will try and log in from the ship to read posts on this thread. We have upgraded to the stream package, but the internet is still reallllllllllllllllllllly slow. Sometimes it is on "read but not "like" or post" mode. So we shall see. But all of you will be in my thoughts.

Have a wonderful time on the Silhouette, Arzeena!  We had a really great time while on her.  Crew, food, and entertainment was terrific.  Enjoy!!

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today was in the 80s, sunny and so beautiful.  I had lunch with one of my favorite people in the whole world, my sister.  

How fortunate for you and your sister, Bonnie!  My oldest sister, who I love so dearly ,moved to Arizona back in the 90's.  She's had several bouts with cancer, and just went through a lumpectomy this past Friday.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We stop off at the deli section at grocery stores. So much available and you are in control of how much you get. We might get  meat and cheese, sometimes potato salad or slaw; chicken, tuna or egg salad for sandwiches. So many different kinds of rolls available.  Sometimes we might get cold fried chicken. 

Then we go to the produce area and get a small tomato for our sandwiches and some fruit if we didn't get some at the hotel breakfast bar). If there's a salad bar, grab a few olives or pickles. I prefer making my own picmic lunch instead of someone else deciding what I might want.

The deli should have small packets of condiments, napkins, plastic flatware (we wash and reuse) anything else you might need.

I also take along some placemats from Dollar Tree. Easy to sanitize.

What a great idea!  I've never thought of that!  One thing I have been thinking, though, is to stop at our Publix and get the hot food that is offered...ie..chicken tenders, fried shrimp, etc to bring to a Sunset at the beach!😉

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you.

ABC, Cartagena and Grand Cayman changed to Bimini.

What a great itinerary, Arzeena!  I flew to Bimini for lunch on a Seaplane when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale many years ago.

Have a great cruise!!  I love the Silhouette!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For me, all my apps, photos, files etc  transferred over to new phone just had to reenter passwords for everything.

Everything still remains on my previous phone and can be used for internet only.  Wish I had with me as I know I could download photos from that phone to cc.

Thanks. I'm still a little uneasy about moving from a phone that has served me so well.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am looking at the same thing this morning.  That’s why I printed the checklist and started some packing.  It isn’t too early to start that, is it?

Looks like we will be on the TA next year for both the UK and US Mother’s Days.  

NICE!!!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did items in your calendar show up in the new phone calendar or did you have to re-enter everyrhing? I'm lost without my phone calendar reminding me of things.

Sorry, I don't want to keep bothering you with phone questions while you are on a cruise.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Dani, how exciting!  I am so happy for you!🌹

I love that the time on our SUV changes automatically with the time changes.

Lenny, I sure hope the doctor has some helpful answers to your health questions,

Short term memory...hmmm...last night while talking to friends, I had to ask.,what was I just talking about??

My doctors have no answers for me.The doctor I went to on Friday even said that medications will no longer help.I have people of every religion you can think of praying for me.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, George C said:

My brother in law is happy he is a huge sports fan and he graduated from St Peters over 50 years ago.

One of my friends from HS relocated 30 years ago to North Carolina.He is normally a huge UNC fan but even he is rooting for St.Peters today.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good to hear that Charlie's arm is back to normal, and that you are both doing a lot better, Marietta!

Have a wonderful time on the Silhouette, Arzeena!  We had a really great time while on her.  Crew, food, and entertainment was terrific.  Enjoy!!

How fortunate for you and your sister, Bonnie!  My oldest sister, who I love so dearly ,moved to Arizona back in the 90's.  She's had several bouts with cancer, and just went through a lumpectomy this past Friday.   

Sorry to hear this about your sister,MaryAnn.Hopefully she will feel better soon.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What a great idea!  I've never thought of that!  One thing I have been thinking, though, is to stop at our Publix and get the hot food that is offered...ie..chicken tenders, fried shrimp, etc to bring to a Sunset at the beach!😉

What a great itinerary, Arzeena!  I flew to Bimini for lunch on a Seaplane when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale many years ago.

Have a great cruise!!  I love the Silhouette!

We love the Silhouette too.The first time we sailed on this ship we met and became friends with a couple and have been on 8 cruises with them to date.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

The first week of April is the official spring break week for most of the school districts in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. (Has been since at least the 1970s for Michigan.)

Brace yourself for a LOT of pasty-white snowflake bodies and tons and tons of school-aged children that week!

Have you ever sailed on a "Quinceanera" cruise?  I have.  I don't think Spring Break could be as bad although with Spring Break boys are involved!

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann, healing prayers for the best outcome for your sister.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good to here your new phone is arriving.  When I transferred, the old phone retained it’s data.  Nothing deleted.  If I remember correctly even photos from the microSD card transferred.  I forgot I had pics on it.  The most aggravating thing was the app passwords did not transfer.  I rarely use my calendar so I can’t answer that question.  I usually just set alarms.  There are different ways to transfer.  There is the Samsung app to transfer.  You can also do a backup and restore.  While I was trying to search to see if the calendar can transfer I saw that there were instructions on how to do it with a Google backup and restore but it looks like it has to be a Google calendar.  When I look at my S21 backup options to my Samsung acct there is an option to backup the calendar.  When you do a backup restore there are options to choose what you want to restore.  I do not see the calendar listed separately but it doesn’t make sense to be able to backup the calendar but not restore it so the calendar must be grouped into other stuff.

• Thanks 1

just copied and pasted this from the Bella thread. Been busy for a while, but all caught up on this thread. 

Today I was hiding inside, from hopefully the last shot of winter. 60kph winds with snow squalls. Some minutes you can’t see a couple hundred feet and then the sun is out. My break from that was cleaning the shower tile, glass and replacing the glass door sweep. Throw in a few loads of laundry and you get the idea. We are off to the hockey arena in a few hours and the wind isn’t letting up before tomorrow.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have you ever sailed on a "Quinceanera" cruise?  I have.  I don't think Spring Break could be as bad although with Spring Break boys are involved!

Maryann, healing prayers for the best outcome for your sister.

Prayers for your sister🙏

• Like 2