Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I think she carries cheat sheets with her. 😉

I don't write anything down.  All stuck in my head😁

Since I was a kid I've been a walking phone book.  Once I dial a number it gets stuck in my brain but nowadays with smart phones and speed dial I may not know a number.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Since I was a kid I've been a walking phone book.  Once I dial a number it gets stuck in my brain but nowadays with smart phones and speed dial I may not know a number.

I have a pretty good memory for license plates and birthdays.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I have a pretty good memory for license plates and birthdays.  

But do you know your drivers licence number or is that a guy thing.  Birthdays just one of the advantages of getting married...someone else to keep track of that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But do you know your drivers licence number or is that a guy thing.  Birthdays just one of the advantages of getting married...someone else to keep track of that.

I know my DL number, auto insurance policy number and health insurance number and my passport #

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had a wonderful cruise.

La Rochelle --- we got the shuttle and walked around the lovely harbour and town shops 

Bilbao --- We got the shuttle into the city centre and shopped but felt the city was disappointed.

La Corunna --- It was raining but the town centre was minutes from the ship so we walked around with .

Le Havre --- We stayed on the ship.

We have been to all of these ports several times before.

Graham.

Sounds like a lovely cruise, Graham!

3 hours ago, ATG said:

Take good care of her, we sail October 13.  Of course, we picked the 9 day cruise that requires testing!  Just our luck.

We also have to test, as well as filling out the ArriveCan app 72 hours before embarking.😕

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You really need a cheat sheet to keep up!  I’m always afraid I’m going to refer to someone’s spouse by the wrong name. 

You may be Disney'd out, but you've made many happy and wonderful memories from both trips, first with your grandsons, and then with your granddaughters.  Lucky lady you are, Deb!🥰

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I  remember  birthdays and phone numbers from my youth!

I'm good with birthdays, and many dates.....phone numbers, not so much anymore.🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know mine...and I'm not a guy.  Also know my medical record number....and of course my home address, phone number, etc.   😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sure, would suggest though in less you have a very Large Crock Pot, cut this recipe in half. It makes a lot, we had to transfer it to a large pot  on the stove before putting in the  the 20oz spaghetti sauce jar.

Also we read before putting pasta in to cook it first before to about 1/2 done then put it in the pot about 30 minutes before you want to eat it.

Pasta Fagioli in the Crockpot

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces pasta

Directions:
Brown beef in a skillet.
Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Add pasta the last 30 minutes.
Serve with a nice crisp green salad and some garlic bread!

Enjoy 

Have to add this is the type of pasta we used.

20220911_211648.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

Speaking of the throne, and who has given up their right to be King/Queen this video seems to be rather suiting. My friend, who is a Cadillac collector, purchased this featured limo a few years ago.  He is actually showing it this weekend at the Radnor Hunt Club outside of Philadelphia in a Concours.

This car has a very interesting story.  It was built for King Edward in 1941, after he abdicated the thrown.  Had he not done that, this car would never have been built.  That also translates to the fact that Queen Elizabeth would never have been Queen. It’s amazing what the power of love can do.  It always receives a fair amount of attention but from listening to my friend it seemed to get more this weekend. 

The first video is Steve describing the car. It is in his garage for “special cars”.  Johnny Cash’s and Bob Hope’s car don’t live in this garage. You will find  V16s, prototypes and other rarities in this space. It is designed with styling cues from the Waldorf Astoria. 🤯

I don’t need a chandelier from my garage, but I did get store my Mustang in there one night.  It was the only time a non-GM product has ever been it it. Only I can get away that. LOL.

Lenny, by chance would you remember the days of The Duchess car in NYC?

Here is a promo video before it went to auction. The crowds on the street are simply amazing. Edward and his wife drew quite the crowd back in the day. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You really need a cheat sheet to keep up!  I’m always afraid I’m going to refer to someone’s spouse by the wrong name. 

I’m the first to admit I’m horrible with names. I wish I could be better but I’m not. 

• Like 2

I just watched the beginning of the cowboy game ( I always root for whoever there playing against) but because it’s 9/11 they showed the National anthem , The guy doing the trumpet  solo is a friend of ours we have seen him many times , super friendly and a great musician Freddy Jones , he plays the National anthem for all of there home games but you rarely see it on tv. We had some nice conversations about jazz clubs in New York City. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wish I could be like you. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

60 Minutes is doing a segment on 9/11 tonight. Images from that day still choke me up. I hope that reaction never goes away.

Very moving. I cried.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm always afraid I'll refer my own spouse by the wrong name.🤣

Lol, I always tell Linda that if were are at a party and I don't introduce you to someone I should know it's because I am having a brain freeze and please introduce yourself.

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m the first to admit I’m horrible with names. I wish I could be better but I’m not. 

I'm the same way.

• Like 3

Well it's crunch time as we get ready to leave for our cruise on Symphony this week. We will fly out on Friday. Got most of the clothes organized. We've been cleaning the house for the dog sitter. I am a little worried in that she has never house sit for Lizzy and Charlie just Maggie and Penny. She may have her hands full. I hope they behave and don't freak out because we are not there.

Confirmed hotel reservation at Hilton Downtown Miami, Wish I could get our boarding passes but can't do that till 36 hours before the flight. We've got the TSA Precheck so I will be interested in how smoothly that goes.

The main thing I'm stressing out about is getting my reservations for the UDP> I have this nightmare at night that I'm not going to be able to get all the restaurants I want. Which would kind of ruin my review. Since I'm doing a "as if live" I'll start it when I get back on the 24th. I will try and pop in here from time to time and post something. 

So it will be a busy week with a very early wakeup on Friday to get to a 6:00am flight. I plan on leaving the house at 3:15am. It's going to be brutal but I'll try napping on the plane to Atlanta.

Really excited for this one.hard to believe once we get back we will turn around and drive to Galveston to board Liberty two and half weeks later. With double points afterwards, can you say "Diamond?"

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's crunch time as we get ready to leave for our cruise on Symphony this week. We will fly out on Friday. Got most of the clothes organized. We've been cleaning the house for the dog sitter. I am a little worried in that she has never house sit for Lizzy and Charlie just Maggie and Penny. She may have her hands full. I hope they behave and don't freak out because we are not there.

Confirmed hotel reservation at Hilton Downtown Miami, Wish I could get our boarding passes but can't do that till 36 hours before the flight. We've got the TSA Precheck so I will be interested in how smoothly that goes.

The main thing I'm stressing out about is getting my reservations for the UDP> I have this nightmare at night that I'm not going to be able to get all the restaurants I want. Which would kind of ruin my review. Since I'm doing a "as if live" I'll start it when I get back on the 24th. I will try and pop in here from time to time and post something. 

So it will be a busy week with a very early wakeup on Friday to get to a 6:00am flight. I plan on leaving the house at 3:15am. It's going to be brutal but I'll try napping on the plane to Atlanta.

Really excited for this one.hard to believe once we get back we will turn around and drive to Galveston to board Liberty two and half weeks later. With double points afterwards, can you say "Diamond?"

If you booked suites you would be diamond plus 😁😁😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

And there was me having a couple of hours at your favourite place?????? thinking I may bump into you.

York designer outlet.

All the time you’d sneaked off on Anthem.

Trust you had a good cruise.

Thank you.

We had a wonderful cruise.

Sorry I missed you at York Designer outlet.

I hope you enjoyed all the shops.

Graham.

• Like 2