Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very nice sunset from our backyard last night.  Would have been spectacular if we had just marsh behind us rather than houses.

sunset.thumb.JPG.910644d87afccd617fe17302e7c20a78.JPG

Very nice pic!
  I wanted to take a pic of the sun rising on Saturday morning, but I was driving to Orlando Airport at 6:30am and it was my first time driving alone.  I sure do miss my co-pilot.  😭  

I had a wonderful time in Orlando last week.  Friends drove up from Palm City for lunch on Monday.  On Tues I went to Universal with dh's niece who works there, so it was FREE!.  Had a couple of dinners with SIL and BIL.  
Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista, and it was totally awesome!
First solo trip, (ex-friend screwed me over), so I had a 2 B/R villa all to myself.
Got to swim in 5 of the 7 pools.  Still need to find those other two! lol

Looking forward to my solo trip to TN in 28 days.  Cousin will show me around.

Quickie cruise to Bermuda in 74 more days.  Glad I saw that someone dh and I met on a cruise a bunch of years ago is going to be on same cruise with her g/f so I'll have someone to hang with.

Anyone else glad the summer is over?  

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I should have thought about that. We did book a suite last November for my retirement cruise. This will be a regular balcony but for our Liberty sailing in October Linda will be in a Balcony as a solo and me across the hall in an inside as a solo. That will give us enough points to be Diamond.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am leaning to run to Central Park where Jamie’s, CP150 and Chops are. Whoever doesn’t have people standing in line for reservations is where I’ll go. Hoping they can book Hibachi without going there. I want to book it first as it fills up fast. Also going to CP150 twice so I hope to get those reserved. 

Yes I’m am not looking forward to getting up that early but Linda and I will have suitcases packed in the car and take our showers before bedtime so we will get up get dressed and go.

or just go bed with your clothes on 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very interesting weekend for football (American style 😉), both college and pro (with one game still left to go tonight).  Some incredible upsets in college.  A&M losing to App State, Washington State beating Wisconsin, and Marshall upsetting ND at home.  Did you know that it's traditional that the person who plays Notre Dame's leprechaun mascot is named Owen?  Owen Two  🤣

It was so relaxing watching the pro games yesterday with the Bills already having won last Thursday.  My local team, the Jaguars, of course lost.  They came close to winning, which seems to be their story.  I'll root for them just because they are local, but it's mostly a pity rooting.  I still follow the Bengals, having lived in Cincinnati for so long.  What a crazy game they had with the Steelers.  Three missed kicks that could have ended it.  Bengals-Steelers games always seem to be like that.  I'm just glad that I've got Josh Allen.  Football is back baby!

The important question for me will be whether or not I'll be able to watch games while on my upcoming cruises.  Anyone know if ships in Alaska can see the TV satellites better than the Internet satellites?  Or when they show something live, is it streamed via the Internet?  Another big game for the Bills next Monday night when we depart from Seattle. 

While we are primarily a Bills fan , I still follow the Giants since I was born and raised in New York, last years Bills offensive coach is now Giants head coach and made a gutsy call to help them win the game . I have a picture of my wife with Doug Flutie from a Princess cruise about ten years ago, nice guy. 

• Like 1

We're stuck in a sort of no-man's land for the next few days.  Our plane for our trip leaves Friday morning.  We've got all of our cold/wet weather clothes for Alaska stacked up and ready to be put in a suitcase.  The warmer weather clothes for Hawaii will need to wait a few more days since we're still wearing them.  All needed confirmations/tickets/paperwork have been flagged in my Inbox, uploaded to OneNote where Micheline and I can both get them on our phones, .pdf files stored on both phones, a couple of screen shots in our camera rolls and backed up to the cloud, and even a few hard copy printouts where needed.  I think that's 3 belts and 2 pairs of suspenders. 😁

Nothing left to do but one more load of laundry and then final packing.   I used to have work to keep me busy until the first vacation day, but not anymore.  

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've never seen a table set up for reservations that is not on the ship

They had a table set up at Port Canaveral when we went on Harmony in the waiting area to make reservations. It could be because we were delayed boarding due to Coast Guard inspection.

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Use your UDP for lunch that day, sit in Chops and have access to the full menu, not a partial menu, not to mention that it would then be cooked by Chops Chefs and not the MDR chefs

I never considered that I will try that. Thank you!

33 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Greg is this the cruise that you’ll be able to visit Jost Van Dyke?

No I will unfortunately have to wait till October of 2023 for that sailing. Can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Use your UDP for lunch that day, sit in Chops and have access to the full menu, not a partial menu, not to mention that it would then be cooked by Chops Chefs and not the MDR chefs

Just thought of something else will chops be open for lunch on embarkation? I thought that is why they moved the Chop's lunch for the Key in the MDR because of all the people that have the key?

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Just thought of something else will chops be open for lunch on embarkation? I thought that is why they moved the Chop's lunch for the Key in the MDR because of all the people that have the key?

Should still be open those without the key.  You're right.  Too many keyholders to sit st Chops so they moved it for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Ohhhh no! You are spilling beans about the BF 😁

LOL! I don't have a Jim in my life.

But all Jims' wives on this board are now going to give their Jims a hard time 🤣

LOL Arzeena!  I seriously did just laugh out loud!😁

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good idea. I am going to make a beeline straight to central park where most of the restaurants are and pick one that has no people in line waiting to make reservations. I am assuming that there should be a restaurant manager at each restaurant even though they are not open for lunch. at least that was the way it's been on past sailings for me.

You and Linda are going to have such a great time on your cruise, Greg!  I'm excited for you!!  Bonus....you won't have the stress of having to do the dreaded Covid test!!  Yay!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

LOL Arzeena!  I seriously did just laugh out loud!😁

You and Linda are going to have such a great time on your cruise, Greg!  I'm excited for you!!  Bonus....you won't have the stress of having to do the dreaded Covid test!!  Yay!!

Yes too bad we had already purchased 6 tests for $150 from eMed. I am really excited since this will be first time on Symphony.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

I had a wonderful time in Orlando last week.  Friends drove up from Palm City for lunch on Monday.  On Tues I went to Universal with dh's niece who works there, so it was FREE!.  Had a couple of dinners with SIL and BIL.  
Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista, and it was totally awesome!

Looking forward to my solo trip to TN in 28 days.  Cousin will show me around.

Quickie cruise to Bermuda in 74 more days.  Glad I saw that someone dh and I met on a cruise a bunch of years ago is going to be on same cruise with her g/f so I'll have someone to hang with.

Busy, busy, busy, and all good stuff!  You go, girl!!!😊

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're stuck in a sort of no-man's land for the next few days.  

Nothing left to do but one more load of laundry and then final packing.   I used to have work to keep me busy until the first vacation day, but not anymore.  

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

What a great and exciting vacation you and Micheline have to look forward to!!  Bon Voyage x 2!!

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No I will unfortunately have to wait till October of 2023 for that sailing. Can't come soon enough.

Hey...don't go wishing your life away!!!!  You still have the Bella Cruise prior to sail on before that!!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's are plan.  Board and head to Chops.

Do lunch reservations need to be for the rest of the cruise?

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, grapau27 said:

Good Evening Sue.

We got off Anthem of the seas this morning after a 7 night cruise.We went to 

La Rochelle.

Bilbao.

La Corunna.

Le Havre.

We got home 2 hours ago after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

IMG_20220910_125636.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220907_183759.jpg

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

Looks wonderful Graham 

I did the skydiving once, great fun. I'm still trying to build up to the surfing machine😁

Our cruise was a 12 night to The Canaries and Madeira 

Maybe next year 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wow, John!!  Just, wow!!!!!!

I know, wow.  I can't believe it.  And there are a bunch of smaller ones still maturing. Those put me at 300 for the year.  2/3 are jalapenos.   I have 7 jalapeno plants and 20 bell peppers.   I couple plants grew big and didn't produce.   I used to grow them in grow bags but will only go raised beds in the future. I have learned to enjoy jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon and Bell peppers diced and spread over pizza.

• Like 2

Yesterday was a nice day do we decided to take the boat down to Windsor. We moored up and walked through the packed town. My brother and family were in the Great Park so we met up with them.  Lots of people leaving flowers 💐 

IMG-20220911-WA0001.thumb.jpg.603a7098a090f1b0a6bd008a8388b488.jpg

20220911_161736.thumb.jpg.d5fd3e28175b85ae3721cf5c3d2ead12.jpg

20220911_154201.thumb.jpg.8a860b0617422e654714d8ba940cd1f9.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1