Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I think I know what you mean. I am concerned about Sunshine and her husband, although I’ve never met them, and was happy that Graham’s surgery went well.

Since I rarely post (I’ve had a stroke, and don’t always express myself in the way that I want), any expressions of condolence or just “thinking of you” might read as awkward. And that sounds awkward as well!

It’s about to get very cold here- Saturday it will warm up to -27 C (about -17 F). Sunday will be colder. Those are the highs! We just had a barbecue delivered, but it will wait for spring.

Thank you for your kind words about my surgery.

I'm sorry to hear you have had a stroke and send you my sincerest best wishes.

Take care and stay safe.

Kindest Regards.

Graham 

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I was thinking we hadn't heard from Crystal@ singinalot and DominoD.

@singinalot    (Crystal) posted some time ago that she's taking a break from CC.

@Domino D hasn't posted since Dec. 23rd, which is kind of worrying in those times... Hopefully, he's OK, and, as Crystal, just took a break.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a very bad reaction.For 4 hours yesterday I had a very high fever,chills,the worst headache I have ever had .I had pneumonia twice and this was much worse.

This afternoon I am having an MRI of the brain,not at all related to yesterday.

Sending you Pauline and my very best wishes and hopefully your MRI is fine.

Graham & Pauline.

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@singinalot    (Crystal) posted some time ago that she's taking a break from CC.

@Domino D hasn't posted since Dec. 23rd, which is kind of worrying in those times... Hopefully, he's OK, and, as Crystal, just took a break.

It is indeed worrying about DominoD, hopefully like Crystal Domino is just taking a break.

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Better today than yesterday.A bit nervous about the MRI I am having this afternoon.

Good luck with the MRI I hate them , I am a tad claustrophobic and a big boy, one time they did me some serious harm trying to get me into a smaller MRI and when they realised they were hurting me panicked and hit the in button instead of the out one, now I have found where they have the larger machines it isn’t too bad. And while I am big I frequently see people way bigger than me and have no idea what they do with some of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Amazing, just this minute I was thinking about him [I should have bought a lottery ticket 😁]....

He didn't post since Tuesday.

But, you know, there is this dilemma about really caring about someone on "internet", and being, like, a bit of a "bother".... it's a very very fine line here....

Pls. don't take it in any other way that my saying, personally, how I feel. As well as with other who post here about health and personal problems.

I'm playing it by the ear...

So, decided not to ask, since he's not a frequent poster here.

With Graham, for example, I've felt OK to inquire and follow.

I sure don’t want to be a bother.  And CC is one of only 2 “social” sites I post on.  So I guess I don’t really know the etiquette.    I was just concerned, as he is a frequent poster, and he welcomed prayers (Now that I think of it,  that may have been on a different thread). 

So is consensus that we don’t ask, unless we personally know them?  I honestly don’t know 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Good luck with the MRI I hate them , I am a tad claustrophobic and a big boy, one time they did me some serious harm trying to get me into a smaller MRI and when they realised they were hurting me panicked and hit the in button instead of the out one, now I have found where they have the larger machines it isn’t too bad. And while I am big I frequently see people way bigger than me and have no idea what they do with some of them.

I am extremely claustrophobic. The last time that I had a conventional MRI I was given an injection to knock me out but I woke up before the MRI was completed.For the past several years I have been taking Stand Up MRI’s which is actually sitting down.Even with that I have problems at times and the only time I have MRI’s lately have been of the brain.I have a condition called Hydrocephalus and normally take the MRI once a year.However,the past three weeks I have been having headaches almost 24/7 and my Neurologist wants to determine if the pain is from this condition or possibly something else.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BSocial said:

.... I guess I don’t really know the etiquette.    I was just concerned, as he is a frequent poster, and he welcomed prayers (Now that I think of it,  that may have been on a different thread). 

So is consensus that we don’t ask, unless we personally know them?  I honestly don’t know 

I honestly don't know either, that's why I was "musing" aloud and more or less saying "it's a very very fine line" and I'm "playing it by the ear". Sometimes I found myself asking about the well being of someone here, and didn't get any reply -- made a note to myself to show "less interest" ...

I don't know personally ANYONE on this thread. Nor do I know their family names, except John, who posted his many times, along with his email. 

No etiquette, except we [try] not to discuss politics, religions, vaccines, typos, spelling -- the "usual". 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I sure don’t want to be a bother.  And CC is one of only 2 “social” sites I post on.  So I guess I don’t really know the etiquette.    I was just concerned, as he is a frequent poster, and he welcomed prayers (Now that I think of it,  that may have been on a different thread). 

DominoD replied to lots of my posts and vice versa so when he suddenly stopped posting the alarm bells started ringing for me.

Some people post periodically then stop so they are best left alone.

On a P&O UK thread a similar question arose about a couple of regular posters and several of us posted our concerns in the hope the missing posters would get a notification or email which they did and popped in to say they were okay.

If they don't reply we wish them good health and when they want to come back they will.

Take care and keep posting on this wonderful thread of Dani's.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am extremely claustrophobic. The last time that I had a conventional MRI I was given an injection to knock me out but I woke up before the MRI was completed.For the past several years I have been taking Stand Up MRI’s which is actually sitting down.Even with that I have problems at times and the only time I have MRI’s lately have been of the brain.I have a condition called Hydrocephalus and normally take the MRI once a year.However,the past three weeks I have been having headaches almost 24/7 and my Neurologist wants to determine if the pain is from this condition or possibly something else.

It is reassuring that your Neurologist is taking good care of you.

Very best wishes that your MRI is okay and the source of your headaches is nothing serious.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I have a dog friend who actually believes the vaccine will change peoples' DNA.   It will be a waste of time to say anything.  I sure hope I don't have a horrid reaction to the second shot on March 2.

Covid19 is a horrible experience as I personally can testify.

I'm pleased you have already had your first vaccine jab and good news you have your second booked.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

You might find that you don't like any of us.😯😇

I am convinced everyone on this thread would be delightful company.

We all have a common interest in cruising and have caring nature's and a meet up in the DL/CL or SL would be very enjoyable imo.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I have a dog friend who actually believes the vaccine will change peoples' DNA.   It will be a waste of time to say anything.  I sure hope I don't have a horrid reaction to the second shot on March 2.

I was talking to a neighbour who I thought was quite sensible.  Was completely anti-mask and then pointed out our death rate since we have had the vaccine. 

It is true that Covid has been savage in our elderly care settings.  We have clearly had the London variant and over Christmas and the New Year we have had a terrible loss of life.  The vaccine programme also started.  

To assume that the deaths have been caused by the vaccines is in my scientific brain nonsense.   Clearly we don’t all think the same way. 

BTW I had a complete non-reaction to my second vaccine last week.  Everyone else in my team suffered.  I have ended up worrying that I was accidentally given saline solution.  Apparently the reaction is your body learning to respond to the virus.  So in a way I wish you a horrid reaction.  I would feel more confident if I had had one:) 

• Like 4