Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Planted my Avocado pit today, it had a 4 inch sprout on it with leaves emerging.  Transferred from cup of water to pot of dirt.   

Ate it's mother, 😲 just like we did to the dozen Pineapple plants we have.  😉 

Anybody see that movie "Reds" with Bruce Willis?  Yeah, he had a baby Avocado too.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm happy to say, maybe I shouldn't say as it will break the streak. At age 51 never had a cavity.  My brother is 55 yrs old and he has never had one either.  Guess we are very fortunate to have good teeth.  I had braces preteens and had a prescription fluoride rinse that both my brother and I used for years.  The local pharmacist used to whip up grape flavor for me.

Perhaps it may be because you live in PA.I have a niece who grew up in your state and at age 50 has never had a dental problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Planted my Avocado pit today, it had a 4 inch sprout on it with leaves emerging.  Transferred from cup of water to pot of dirt.   

Ate it's mother, 😲 just like we did to the dozen Pineapple plants we have.  😉 

Anybody see that movie "Reds" with Bruce Willis?  Yeah, he had a baby Avocado too.  😄 

I watch everything with Willis in the cast whether it is a good movie or a horrible one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Nope. I now have four subjects I don't talk about with others. Always was Politics and religion but now I've included anything Covid related and BLM. 

I enjoy discussing politics and religion but never on CC.

Re BLM ,I am sure you realize that it could have more than one meaning.

50 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

And I am a church reader at 4:30 mass.

So thankful I will be wearing my mask and medicated.

Should be a good reading.

I play guitar, piano, and sing in my church contemporary music group. I did it during my college and med school day and, for who knows what reason, picked it up again a few years ago. Music has always been a big part of my life.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My youngest daughter, unfortunately, inherited my husband’s family teeth problems.  They have missing adult teeth, spaces etc.  Only good thing, no wisdom teeth!

All my top teeth are crowns and implants.🥴😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning, well kinda sorta.

Had to take a pain pill in the middle of the night, damn they work.

Slept in to, well slept in.

Thanks to all for the well wishes and support.

Today I am black and blue, swollen.

And I am a church reader at 4:30 mass.

So thankful I will be wearing my mask and medicated.

Should be a good reading.

As i was slowly drinking my morning coffee I was listening to the morning news and they had an interesting weather alert for our area in O-H-I-O.

Telling us to bring all (pop) sodas in from your garage or they will go "POP".

We are going to go under Arctic temperatures over the next week zero to sub zero and many people in our area are known for storing supplies in their unheated house garages.  Namely us.

So the DH is putting it in one of our coolers on wheels and we will put in washer room till the freeze resolves.

Oh, the cooler has wheels because the dryer broke and the repairman is coming Monday and this way we will have a traveling cooler to move out of his way.

Yup I should play the lottery.

OK 

Since I sent the DH to go shopping for me as I rest on the couch (snicker snicker) I  thought I would come on CC to sea what is going on, and catch up.

Graham

thank you for your well wishes and glad you are doing better after your eye surgery.

Lenny

Hope your MRI went well and praying your headaches resolve.

Sunshine

Debbie hope Eric does better once home and you feel better.

Andrew

Well having followed your cruise threads over the years I must say I do remember your daughter and the rainbow and all the care and love you shared with her through your post.

The song played by 'THIEF' I never heard and it was beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.

On one of your threads you posted a song that when it played you knew it was from Allie and also I believe when you found your "dimes" sent from her.  I cannot remember the song at that time.

Singinalot

Glad to see your post and always loved the pictures you share.  You have a great perspective on your picture taking talent.  Love the cat picture.

Maggieq

Thanks for the well wishes and sorry to hear about what your fiance went through.

Should be a warning for all of us to seek help when things go not the way they are supposed to.

xpcdoojk 

Thanks for the well wishes, and one day I will get your name right 🙄

Island Lady

Good luck at Dentist, and rest up afterwards, not that any of us are out and about much with the pandemic.

Ocean Boy

Comfortably numb, yup one of my DH's favorite songs.

My husband grew up buying albums, cassettes  then CD's of every group and playing every song known to man.  He can win any music name that tune contest without any hesitation.

Me I am music illiterate (comfortably numb)

Ok

Time to get back on the couch, DH could be home soon.

Take care

Stay healthy.

Thanks Sue.

I hope your tooth pain has eased.

My dentist told me my tooth infection was the worst he had ever seen and I was glad to get the tooth out and later replaced with an implant.

Take care.

Graham.

18 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Anyone ever had a "tiff" with a friend regarding Covid, specifically the vaccine?  Just got into it big time with former college roommate.  They're dead set against vaccine while I'm totally for it.  Not sure if we're speaking at this point.

I can imagine it easy to happen.  

I am pro-vaccine.   Millions of lives have been saved because of vaccines.  Just millions.    I am also old enough to have met several rubella damaged children early in my career.  I know someone whose mother was anti-vax and he got polio.  

However just as I have strong beliefs, I am pretty sure that nothing I could say would change the mind of an anti-vaxxer.  Don’t ever try to reason with an unreasonable person.      I know people who are anti-mask and anti-vax.  I tell them my position.  I leave it at that.  

I am sure that given time you and your friend will find a middle ground (ie not discuss vaccines).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I have appointment on Monday to have one of my three wisdom teeth pulled.  It's not infected or decayed, she just doesn't like how close it is for difficult cleaning next to the two new crowns she put in 6 months ago (yes crowns due to two cracked molars and pain, two next to each other). 

I am nervous about having it pulled...being so far back into my jaw...and being over 65.  😮 

With some laughing gas and novacane you'll be fine. I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled all in one appointment before I was discharged from the service. They weren't giving me any problems or impacted at that time but I thought better now than later and especially that Uncle Sam was paying for it. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks, I am not happy about it either.  But have had multiple infections near where the wisdom tooth and the two new crowns are.  Had infections before the crowns went in to replace those two badly cracked molars that were obviously causing the infection and pain. 

Did not expect to get the infections again AFTER she replaced the crowns, and don't have one now, but seems to come back every couple of weeks.  Both my dentist and I are stumped, but that is now her suggestion.  

As far as she knows the tooth is not decayed and does not show as such in the Xray...but I keep getting the infections.  I work hard at keeping the area clean, brush and floss after every meal.. but wonder what will happen as I age and am not so adept.  

Emailed my sister for her opinion.  She had no problem with my having it pulled...just hope it is the right decision.  But I am still worried about it. 

I was in that position a year ago.  Best thing I ever did.  

I am 61 and had teeth pulled for orthodontic reasons when young.   I had bed memories - this time I seriously hardly felt it.  No more pain now.  

Good luck, but if your experience is like mine, thinking is worse than the reality. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I have appointment on Monday to have one of my three wisdom teeth pulled.  It's not infected or decayed, she just doesn't like how close it is for difficult cleaning next to the two new crowns she put in 6 months ago (yes crowns due to two cracked molars and pain, two next to each other). 

I am nervous about having it pulled...being so far back into my jaw...and being over 65.  😮 

hoping it all goes well for you!  I only had 2 wisdom teeth, and they never descended.  My dentist was worried about potential complications of them just hanging out in the middle of my skull (ok, they weren’t quite that high, but they were pretty high above the gum line), so she had me get them surgically removed.  Digging them out when really well, the surgery was painless thanks to good gas, and recovery was not bad at all, thanks to good drugs 🙂

• Like 2